TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/19 - Top 10 Week (Singing & Results...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 3/19 - Top 10 Week (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 20, 2014Jimmer25 03-20-14  8:16 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
JMO, but I thought Jennifer Lopez looked terrible in that outfit she had on when she was singing her new song.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I wish my prediction had not come true - at least MK made it to the top 10. I'm guessing Harry voted not to save her since it seemed his criticisms outnumbered his compliments. Another reason I wanted her to survive is that I have tickets for Wednesday's night show and I'd hoped to see her perform live. Oh well, vie la c'est.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's a shame. Hope you enjoy the show anyway, Uncle Ricky. You can tell us whether they sound any different in real life.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt! I've gone a few times in other seasons and one thing I've noticed is that it's sometimes hard to hear what they're saying when they speak into the microphones. The singing itself is clear, thank goodness.

The other thing that's annoying is the cheerleader guy who -- during the commercial breaks -- exhorts the crowd to "scream loudly" when the show returns from the commercial. I've often wondered what would happen if no one screamed or clapped: would they throw everybody out of the theatre?

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I hate that LOUD screaming, on any show. My favorites are Jessica and Alex. Close behind is Sam, if he projects. Caleb is good on rocker songs. Majesty and Malaya are good most of the time, if they don't scream. For some reason, Jena just doesn't grab me, even though she seems to be a fovorite. And that's it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Aww, I'm sorry you didn't make it, or rather MK didn't make it to be on the show you get to see in person, Uncle Ricky!!

I hate that cheerleading thing.. I've been to a few taped shows and a couple of live ones. With the BB7 finale (BB6? the one Maggie won) they also very sternly made it clear that if there was much booing we'd be out.. but they couldn't make people who had seen the show clap for some of them so they stuffed the audience with CBS employees and guests.

Dr Phil is smart.. part of their warm up had loud Tina Turner videos which gets the audience going before he comes out.

==

While I'm not surprised that MK left.. I AM surprised that based on this week, CJ wasn't bottom three. That was a bad performance.

Jennifer's performance.. yawn..

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. CJ's performance was brutal.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
On a positive note, I thought the Jena and Jessica were good. Caleb is a solid performer but I don't think he is extraordinary.

I think the judging is great. They are making intelligent comments and trying to help the contestants. What a novel concept on AI.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched very much, but from what I have seen I like Jessica. I did see CJ's performance and I thought "oh my" :-(

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea. I don't think I could've restrained myself from booing if I'd been there that night. Maggie, to me, is the undisputed worst BB winner ever. I still cringe whenever I think of her and those other two in her coven (April? Yvette?). Icccckkkk!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I too thought Maggie was the worst winner until last year. I put her and her gang second now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. we just didn't clap. I did meet Yvette's then partner, Maggie, and she was very sweet.. I had been emailing her when good things happened to Ivette, because so many people were bashing her.. me included, but on her own community, I thought her partner could use some support and she had to go to work so often missed pictures. No flashback in those times.

Janie's mom and friend Naters were a few rows in front of us so we met them and Jack and his wife drove by on a tram thing and waved at us all :-)

Lazylu, yes.. true, and Maggie did sort of disappear afterwards unlike Andy.

AI.. I like several of them and I think the song choices have mostly been better this year in terms of likeability but that could change. That is of the songs, not people.. they are all likeable.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree, all of the contestants seem pretty likeable this year. Caleb probably has the best "show business" personality, but like I said I haven't watched a whole lot this year.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched enough to judge either. Caleb does seem the most "ready", however - his hyper personality might get a little old before this is over. I still like him though. Maybe if MK would have had just a little of that type of persona, she would still be there.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Allison Iraheta is with the band.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like rock music, so I tend to like the rockers. We don't usually have hardly any on this show. So of course, I like Caleb. (I so pulled and voted for Bo to win, but he was up against the phenomenal Carrie Underwood). Plus we like our Alabama people, but not huge country fans.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I, too like rock music. I think I'm leaning to Caleb for that reason.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just noticed something wonderful.

The 30 minute result shows start this week on the 27th. Top 9 week. Yay!

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who thinks Jena does not pronounce her words when she sings? It sounds like garble mumble garble to me. I can't understand a word she sings.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I'm not as crazy about Jena as most ppl. I haven't noticed Nessie, but ill pay attention tomorrow.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: