TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 3/12 - Top 11 Week (Singing & Results): Archive through March 13, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm just getting it started in case anybody wants to spoil.

Tonight's theme is “Songs From The Cinema”.
(songs from movies)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sam up first singing The Beatles - Come Together.

To me it was pretty lackluster.

The judges weren't overwhelmed, but they didn't say anything bad. They liked him.

Jessica is singing Simon and Garfunkel's - Sounds of Silence

I missed the comments, but it didn't sound too exciting to me.

C.J. is singing The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See

The judges loved it. _Loved it_.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Sam and Jess sang. Jess wasn't in sync with the band.
CJ sang a song from "Blow" and hit it out of the park. The judges loved it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dexter is singing Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama

Judges loved it but want him to make things his own.

Ben is singing Elton John - Bennie and the Jets.

I love that song and I feel like he is messing it up.

The judges were lukewarm on it. Harry was the most critical. They all used the word "confused" because they don't know who he is or what he really sounds like.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Majesty is singing Idina Menzel (aka Adele Dazeem) - Let It Go

Harry says it's a strong performance, but she is spreading herself thin with different styles. Keith said mostly was good, but you have to ease into it. Jennifer says she can do anything.

The segments with the contestants doing impersonations of each are pretty funny.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Caleb is singing Adele - Skyfall

As usual, all the judges slobbered.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
MK is singing To Make You Feel My Love from the movie Hope Floats.

Jennifer loved it. Reminds her of KD Lang. Harry says she owns it. Runs should have been shorter. Keith says she looks like a star, says he can see she is working on her performance and can see it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex is singing Falling Slowly from the movie "Once".

I think it sounds really nice :-)

Harry said it's Really nice to see something simply stated and elegent. Keith said it's very real, always in the moment. Love your artistry. Jennifer said it was a perfect song for you, it was beautiful.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jena is singing Paramore's - Decode, from the movie Twilight

Wow, she sounds great. I think she's getting my votes tonight. She's playing the piano, too.

Keith says he loves when she plays the piano. She has a ferocity. Exhilarating. Jennifer says she has one of the best voices here. Yells at America to vote for her. Best performance of the night. Harry says he feels a big sigh of relief wondering if she can match the original, thought it was VERY strong, nice work.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Malaya singing "I am Changing" from th movie Dream Girls.

Jennifer said it's a perfect song for her, killer, amazing voice. OMG so blessed. Harry says she is a big belter, she will get bigger and thicker and a pleasure to watch. Keith says this song was perfect for her strength, but there are places she could reign it in a little. What you've got is magnificent.

And that's all folks.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think except for Sam and Jess everyone else was very strong tonight. Most showed great talent.
I loved the parodies of each other. Soo funny!!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for spoiling, Naja! I'm watching now, but later. Appreciate it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Loved Dexter putting in the Roll Tide Roll! Have to admit I've heard it in the song before. Still love it!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Saw this season for the first time last night - worst group of Idols I've ever seen.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Definitely GAL, especially the girls. Seeing that the ratings are down, you'd think they would have done a better job of choosing contestants.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Caleb is kinda standing out to me & I have to admit I likeed Jena alot last night as well. There are more folks that won't bother me when they leave or in what order than folks that I want to see more of. I like MK so far too.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Harry again chastised the band. Called them out on, I forget whose song. Why does he do that? I understand if they goof, someone tell them, but on national TV? I will say it again, not enjoying Harry as much as I did in the beginning. He is sometimes mean, you can be constructive without being mean. I did not like that part of Simon either.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I love Caleb, like Jena, Jessica and MK. The rest…..eh. They all have to go anyway since there is only one winner. Let's see how America sees them and how it plays out.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm not seeing how great the last girl singing was. I liked Alex (I think that's his name), but the last girl seemed like she was shouting a lot. It must sound different in person.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The judges really seem to like Malaya (the last girl I believe). I don't see what they see in her. She just gets on my nerves.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
the last girl was Majesty singing that song from "Frozen" I thought

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
No, I believe it was Makayla who sang something from Dream Girls. She had on the slimming black/white outfit. I believe Majesty sang a bit earlier.

I, too, agree that Makayla screamed a lot. She is just a little too hyper for me, although to her credit the song she did was very subdued.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Malaya was last and screamed. She always does. Jennifer loves her and I fear even if she was last place she would be saved. This time all three were complimentary.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've said Malaya was the worst from the start, but she's only 15, in 3-5 yrs time she should be really good. Caleb is about the only one that is of the caliber of seasons past. Jena might be good if she'd only sing a decent song or one I've heard of before.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Mamapors, I agree with your comment about Harry. I really liked him at the beginning, but recently he has gotten really picky with his comments on the performances. And sometimes they are so rambling I don't know what the heck he is talking about. It seems like he is trying to do the Simon "bad guy" role but just comes off like he is looking for something negative and will make it up if he can't find it. He is still gorgeous though

And I find Jennifer much more indecisive than when she was on before. She has always been the "feel good" judge, but it seems this time she doesn't want to say anything negative about any of them unless one of the guys says it first.

I like Keith the best. He has a way of telling them something without sounding like he is just looking for something negative to say.

I don't think any of the judges have been near as good as they were during the auditions. I thought this was going to be one of the best seasons ever, judge wise, but I am getting a little disappointed.

As far as talent goes, I like them all, none last night were just terrible, but I don't feel any of them match the top contestants we have seen in years past. I guess I would have to say it is a mediocre group.