TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/12 - Top 11 Week (Singing & Results...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 3/12 - Top 11 Week (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 13, 2014Allietex25 03-13-14  2:33 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like Harry calling out the band! They are professionals and if they are off, they can really mess up someone's performance, especially those with not so much experience. I think he is calling them out so that the audience understands that the singer was dealing with that problem and it wasn't their error.

But then I also liked Simon a lot..

I also like Keith. Sometimes his nice is telling them they look great, but I guess that IS nice to hear and he wants to encourage that too. I don't agree with him that this is the best set of singers ever!! Eeek.

Jennifer, as already said isn't always so helpful with them, trying to be nice. She does have some good comments at times, so I know she is capable of it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I fear for MK (hope I'm wrong and I did phone in votes for her) who has been bottom three both weeks and I fear they won't save her and say they aren't sure she wants to be there. I think she wants to be there.

Cute outfit last night.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Am I only one who was scandalized by the way they kept referring -- erroneously -- to the song Jessica sang as "The Sound of Silence"?

Seacrest announced it that way and that's how it appeared on the movie marquee thing and in the lower-left-hand corner of the screen as the song began! I doubt Paul Simon was watching, but if he was, he probably wondered "who gave these bozos permission to alter the name of my song?"

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Dexter, Caleb and CJ are safe.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Malaya and MK are safe.
Ben and Majesty are in B3.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I am surprised MK is safe. She really just has no personality at all. It's like watching Flat Stanley sing.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jess, Alex and Jena are safe.
Sam is in B3.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Sam and Majesty are safe.
Ben singing for the judges' save. I'm surprised.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They won't save him, I'm sure.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben wasn't saved.
The rest made the tour.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Harry is a great person, but really, his music isn't my cup of tea. I hate to say this, but I really can't relate to this type of music.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't like Harry tonight. The young man that JLo brought to the show to perform was wonderful.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm ok. I'm really not vested in any of them yet. I do lean to Caleb as my fav.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Uncle_ricky made me think there but I think that it has been referred to with both titles.

I can't say that I am very vested in any of them yet as well.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just listened to last night's show. A few comments...I like Alex a lot better when I am not looking at him. I know it's shallow but there's just something about the way he looks that creeps me out a bit. Majesty should have been called out bit time. She was oversinging so much that she was out of key or shouting about half her song. Her worst performance yet. Caleb sounded awesome. I don't think Sam has much personality and neither does MK. Still don't care for Malaya but she did sing better (perhaps again because I wasn't looking at her). Jena was really good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 13, 2014 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh.. this is interesting. Some of us (me) are old enough that we had those early Simon & Garfunkel albums.

The Song was released as "The Sounds of Silence", acoustic version, on the Wendnesday Morning, 3 A.M. album, later on the soundtrack for The Graduate..

Then for the movie it was overdubbed by Bob Dylan's studio band, released as a single The Sound of Silence (S&G weren't even consulted about the overdubbing) and on the album Sounds of Silence.. I keep re-reading and I'm confused.

Music[edit]
Sounds of Silence, a 1966 album by Simon & Garfunkel
"The Sound of Silence", a song written by Paul Simon, performed by Simon & Garfunkel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sounds_of_Silence.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jimmer and Sea for providing the additional info about the song. To me it'll always be the plural version of the title.

And looking at the Wiki entry for "The Sound of Silence" one encounters this sentence:

"The Sound of Silence" was originally called "The Sounds of Silence" and is titled that way on the early albums in which it appeared and on the first single release; only on later compilations was it retitled "The Sound of Silence". Both the singular and the plural appear in the lyrics. In his book Lyrics 1964–2008 Simon has the title in the singular."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sound_of_Silence

So even Simon himself changed the title in his own Lyrics book. Oy vey! I can at least take small comfort in knowing that this venerable institution has it wrong too:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/the-500-greatest-songs-of-all-time-20110407/simon-and-garfunkel-the-sounds-of-silence-20110526

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Love that song, by the way. Which brings to mind one of the things that bothers me about AI. The songs are abridged. It seems a shame that we have to hear a short version of a great song and it limits the artists. Of course, I know that the show can only be so long.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 14, 2014 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Totally agree about the abridged versions - very annoying. They also allow for "selective editing" as that Archuleta person did during season seven. Instead of singing the first two verses of "Imagine" he dove directly into the third verse and "conveniently" omitted the "...and no religion too..." lyric that's in the first verse.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
This season has not produced any stand out performers, just my opinion. I used to love to watch this show, and I do like Harry Connick Jr, he is serious about his judging, but none of these performers have the wow factor. Not like Carrie Underwood, Adam Lambert, Clay Aiken, Doughtry, Kelly Clarkson.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: