TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/5 - Top 12 Week (Singing & Results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: 3/5 - Top 12 Week (Singing & Results) users admin

AI
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 06, 2014Uncle_ricky25 03-07-14  12:09 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping Malaya goes pretty soon. I think she is way too inexperienced for this level of competition.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I'm just thoroughly disappointed. I don't understand why some of them are safe when, in my opinion, they should be in the bottom three. The judges keep saying this is the best group ever. Pffft!! Only about half of them are any good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Granjan, the voting is wide open and people are just, I think, votine and voting before they even hear someone sing. It is less based on actual talent and enabled by all the voting methods.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like the judges a lot (far far better than last season). However, I just haven't found the performances good at all. I don't like the song choices or the performances. Really bad.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't like it when they show results before the end of the competition show. How disheartening for those kids!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree Jimmer and Roxip.
Are the judges not playing back what Malaya is singi g?
Maybe Ill recognize and like songs from next week since they are from the cinema. The contestants have basically had their choosing on songs ...geez.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
After loving the judges, I am not enjoying Harry anymore. I know it is not a popular thing to say, but I find him mean. I do not like his way of being constructive.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree, sometimes I think he's being mean just for the sake of being mean.
Naja now I want deviled eggs too.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have only watched a couple of the shows this season, but from what I have seen Harry can be pretty mean. I also get the impression that he thinks the show is all about him and IMO, he is number 3 in the star rating.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have a totally different perspective. I don't think he's being mean at all. I think he's trying to give them constructive criticism aimed at helping them become better artists. SOMEBODY needs to counter the unhelpful and unproductive comments the other two judges spew out. I would bet that at the end of the competition the comments that the contestants really were able to take to heart and put to good use and grow as artists were the ones they heard from Harry and not from the other two. Speaking of the other two, Jen's hair looked fabulous on Wednesday night (and it looked like Keith had the exact same hairstyle in the "men" version...LOL).

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Thanks. I guess I can agree with what you are say. Keith is too nice and seems not to want to hurt someone's feeling, but I have only watched a couple of the shows this year. I will keep an open mind. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think this "chemistry" of judges is spot-on. Jen is there to be the cheerleader, Keith is there to be the soothing voice, and Harry is there to give pointers. I don't think (just my opinion) that he is nearly as harsh as Simon was, and I never feel that he makes it personal (to me Simon was usually right but he was very personal and hurtful at times). If these young people are going to make it in the entertainment industry they need to hear the truth, not be told that they are wonderful and good all the time. They aren't. Jessica (one of my personal favorites) was off-key her entire performance. Could she not hear herself sing because of the arrangement? That's a technical issue that she needs to learn and resolve. At some point she should have been able to correct herself and she never did. Malaya has been too frantic on stage. Some of the other contestants have come across as karaoke. Sooner or later they are going to have to address MK's issues (to me they are covering for her a lot). She has very little stage presence and she doesn't sing in key a lot. They are there to learn and grow as artists. If we are going to pay for their product they need to be good at it.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, March 07, 2014 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Totally agree with Roxip! I also agree about Simon. It always seemed that he enjoyed being mean/vicious with his critiques, based on his sinister-like delivery. I don't get that same vibe from Harry - I really do think he's trying to help.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: