TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: Hollywood!: Archive through February 20, 2014 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I thought MK was beautiful in a very "natural beauty" kind of way…if that makes sense. She doesn't need globs of makeup (ie. glittering lipstick) and it would not present who she is. She reminds me of kd lang…..

I did like her voice and song last night and do hope she goes far. She is at least not a cookie cutter singer, like some of the other ladies!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't know whether I should be embarrassed to type this or not but I fell asleep a few times last night. LOL - my wife kept waking me up or I wouldn't have seen any of it. I didn't think it was very good which is a shame because I've been enjoying the judging so much more this season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's a lot more fun when you aren't burnt out on other singing shows, I can tell you that for sure. I skipped all the singing and talent shows last year except for just the blind chair rounds of The Voice, so I was excited for this to start. And I am enjoying this show so much more having skipped the last season of those other shows.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Jessica was the only one that I relaxed and enjoyed her singing. Perhaps it was due to all the previous screaming and off key notes that made her my top pick. I am rooting for MK, as well. But, for me, she is going to have to improve. I like her style of singing, but she felt very flat and monotone to me. Then again, in comparison to prior mentioned screamers, she was gift from the angels. But then, Malaya. Oh my. My ears! My ears!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
This is the only singing competition I watch, and I am not burnt out on it. Been enjoying it again, especially with these judges. Looking forward to seeing what the guys can do tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
See, that's exactly what I was saying, Heckagirl. This is way more enjoyable when you're not burnt out on singing shows.

(eta: "you're" in the general sense of the word "you". Not in specific you are anyone else.)

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Dayum Caleb for the win!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, they didn't learn a lesson from last night. They are still making the boys come in from that room far offstage. At least Caleb walked it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sam is just as a cute as can be. I noticed he gave the camera a few flirty looks. That will make the young girls go wild....LOL

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Lakecat I'm with you! I've liked Caleb from the beginning. So far none of the other boys are changing my mind tonight. It's almost as bad as the girls last night. But it's early. Hopefully the other boys will be better.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Typical, the women were not nearly as supportive of one another as the men. So far every man has been better than any of the women.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like Caleb, too. I have to like some of my Bama boys, too. I noticed the guys are hugging, after you talked about the girls were not.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For the record, here are the 10 boys chosen to sing tonight for our vote. The rest of the boys went home.

1. Caleb
2. C.J.
3. Emmanuel
4. Sam
5. George
6. Dexter
7. Alex
8. Malcolm
9. Ben
10. Spencer

Ben made the cut tonight. Like I said before, it would have been a slap in the face of the voters if they didn't pick him to sing. I'm just glad he performed pretty well.

I'm still laughing about Harry making fun at how big his tie knot was. It really was BIG! ....LOL

Another funny part was when super tall Spencer got chosen and started his way down the long hall, and short Ryan had to jump in the air to be seen from behind him....LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I'm not watching yet tonight, but I cannot say how helpful your list was last night and I'm sure it will be again tonight. Really helps in identifying these people!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-) I think things will be much easier once Jimmer makes us a banner for our top 13 next week. Even looking up at the names now, I can hardly remember which is which.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Does Caleb remind anyone else of a cross between Meatloaf and Jack Black? LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I swear I told my DH he he reminds of Meatloaf....LOL

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, I've been saying Meatloaf too, and hubby says Jack Black!

There are some very good singers among the men, more obvious than among the girls last night. It will be a hard cut tonight. And I kind of think the judges' choices might be male too, or two out of three will be.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
American Idol has always been the only singing competition I watch except for The Singoff, so it usually is fresh for me. Skipped last year but have enjoyed it immensely so far this season.

Uncle Ricky, I finally got what you were saying straightened out in my brain. Thanks for the explanation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
JLo did answer the question I had last night. The 10 not allowed to sing this week are eligible to return and audition in the future.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yes, they can come back and audition, but they aren't part of the wild-card choices tomorrow night.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, Roxip!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We were thinking the same thing about Caleb. I like him and at least he is memorable.

I agree about the burn out factor as well though we do watch AI more than any other singing show. At least with AI you have a hope of hearing and seeing the winner (and even the top few) after the season ends. The fact that we hear so little from the people from the other singing shows makes those shows seem rather pointless.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, the two are not related, IMO. I had wondered on Monday if those who were so brutally NOT allowed to sing could at least come back and audition in future seasons, because that would be a horrible place to be if they could not. Last night Jennifer answered my question (not that she knew I had asked).

I also enjoyed Caleb and I think it was Spencer.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That only seems fair. Perhaps the judges think they need another year of maturing to make them better artists.