TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 19, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: Hollywood!: Archive through February 19, 2014 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yay! They picked Emily and Jessica!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
First time I've ever heard of a limit on voting on Idol. I was shocked how casually he threw that out there.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here are the 10 girls chosen to sing tonight for our vote. The rest of the girls went home.

1. Majesty
2. Kristen
3. Briana
4. Jena
5. Bria
6. Marrialle
7. Jessica
8. Emily
9. MK
10. Malaya

Also, we found Ben won last week's vote between the two boys and made it top 15 boys.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Darnit, google voting doesn't start until next week.

Maris

03-27-2002

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Loved Harry as a judge. calling Emily out on her song and Ryan's comment -- Harry the parent

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Whoever decided it was a good idea to"surprise" these people and have them run onstage and then sing should be fired! Made for horrible vocals. ..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just on the third one and so far JLo and Keith are back to the "this is so hard for US" mantra. Pfft.

Cruel to do this in this way.

Skip all the crap with Randy and mentors for this one night and let all of them SING. Are they afraid viewers will vote through ones they don't want? If any of these people are weak, there were great girls and guys (Savion, for instance) sent home previously, but you chose this 30/1 and they should get a chance..

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I agree with both Keldogg and Sea. What a stupid idea. The vocals were horrible tonight. I am not feeling these girls, I am hoping it is the way this happened tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
JLo saying how they don't know if they get to sing, they get excited, run to the stage and that isn't good. Well, DUH. It WAS stupid.

On Bria.. Harry and Keith were right about the shouting.. SHOUTING and "at least you have the lipstick" I didn't hear as a compliment.

Really Kristen was kind of ok, Majesty was fun and I liked the performance. The rest.. eek.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought tonight's show was a train wreck. What the judges heard and what I heard did not sync at all. Too much screaming. I think the guys will be much better. I'm seeing lots of Country from them.
When Keith and Harry hugged,I thought they were trying to copy after The Voice's Blake and Adam.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
They sure didn't give the five who were not chosen much respect. Just a quick peek at the lineup at the end. I would have liked to hear them sing, but at the very least they could have put together a package with their prep.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Trainwreck from top to bottom. I liked Jennifer's outfit in that it wasn't a Mariah Carey sausage casing, with boobs pushed out for viewing, but it could have been even more classy.. this isn't about her.. but she is SO much better than Mariah and Nikki!!! I actually find her likeable as a judge.

But the method, I've already said what I think.. manipulative, cruel and most of all it actually contributed to horrible performances from so many.

I like Adam as a mentor.

And I left out MK above.. I really like her and I actually put in some voted.

I also hated that every time Harry would give an excellent critique about screaming, volume, etc.. J Lo would sabotage it and probably convice the young lady that screaming was good.

Malaya is so likeable but her mentors pointed out that she was not looking at the audience and I watched and even from behind the big glasses and gobs of eye makeup her eyes were not engaging anyone. She really needs some good coaching because she's got potential.

And I agree, the end was just RUDE.. not a real good goodbye after all the preparation those 5 had undoubtedly gone through. The least they could do is put up clips of them online. I wonder if elimination at that point, without singing, allows for them to audition again?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Malaya was horrible last night in my opinion, as were several others. What was up with that long hallway from where they were sitting to the stage? That was crazy! Unlike some of you I was not a huge fan of MK. She sang flat most of her song and she was wavering...but she wasn't any worse than some of the others (and some of them were pretty good all things considered). I knew she would make the top 10 no matter what because she was featured and her story was told. I kind of like her unique style and voice but she needs to rein in her nerves in the future. I hope there's a personality under that ugly headgear. I do like her individualism and willingness to put herself out there.

I'm hopeful that at least one of the other girls (the little blonde with the braid or the one whose name is Austin something or something Austin) make it with the judge's picks. I wasn't overwhelmed with any of these girls. Marialle was not good, the little girl with the bright-colored lipstick annoyed me with her hamming for the cameras every time they passed her way, and I'm not sure whether I like Jessica or not at this point after her Hollywood week.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
Please tell me that Randy is not this season's Jimmy Ivine. Hopefully his mentor session was a one time thing. I thought the addition of Daughtry and especially Adam Lambert was good.

I wasn't impressed with many of the performances either . . at this point really like MK, Emily and Malaya.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, I am sure I read he is this season's Jimmy Ivine.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Just glad that MK got through - our household gave her 150 votes from our three phone lines.

Roxip, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the judges' wild-card picks would be chosen from the pool of 20 singers (10 women/10 men) who DON'T get voted into the top 10, i.e., the 5 women who were eliminated at the end of last night's show and the 5 men who don't get to sing tonight are not eligible to be chosen as a judge's wild-card pick.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I came here to see if you all thought they were as bad as I did. The last girl was just the worst.There was a girl last week that sang Id Rather Go Blind,it was one of the best performances I ever heard and they picked that last girl over her,then I thought NO WAY would she make top 10, but she did. Im sorry I cant think of her name but shes the one that sang the Ray Charles song.awful-most of them,hopefully it was all just nerves.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
High Five, Uncle Ricky!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, so there is a chance of one blonde going through.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That doesn't make any sense. Not doubting what you said, Uncle Ricky, but it just doesn't make any sense. Of course when do we expect American Idol to make sense?

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I felt that the girls who won were very cold to each other. The first one (Majesty) sat with her hands under her butt when the second one (Kristen) came over to sit down. And, it progressed like this down the line. The last two seemed a bit warmer towards the others.

It seems like few of the top ten liked each other at all.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea! (The mutual is feeling!)

It took me a while to make sense of it, too, Roxip. The judges based their 10 picks last night, for example, on having heard the top 15 sing privately in the week leading up to last night --the 15 we saw at the outset of the show had to have been thoroughly briefed about what was ahead. Something along the lines of "You're in the top 15, but you have to brace yourself for not getting a chance to sing. Not getting that chance means it's the end of the line for you this season."

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I felt a bit bad for MK that they made her wear make up. I hope she didn't mind, I don't think we saw her with make up even once during the whole audition and Hollywood process. Now presumably they think they have to make her more girlish in order to get votes. I hope she goes far.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Some makeup is required under television lights or else you will look like a white blob perched on top of clothes. I thought she looked very natural.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It wasn't noticeable to me, but I'll be on makeup watch next time MK sings.