TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 13, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: Hollywood!: Archive through February 13, 2014 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just getting this started..

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 31, 2014 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's really a different experience this year. The circus atmosphere seems to be gone. I'm really enjoying it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too. I hope they keep this up for the rest of the season.

I must say, beyond the obvious fact that I sure don't miss Nikki or Mariah, I also don't miss Randy for a minute, so I hope he isn't too prominent in whatever role he retained.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there are spoilers out there for the group songs,I don't think it is important unless someone wants me to bring them here.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 04, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is one of my favorite parts of the season. And I agree with Naja and Sea about the enjoyable judging.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Yippee!! I get to watch AI again! I had never missed a season until the last one. Watched a few shows and just could not stand the judges. It seemed the show was about them, not the contestants! Now it's back to being good again. And I don't miss Randy one bit.

Still too many contestants to even think about who I like. Am I the only one that thought the ones that had keyboards and guitars had a small advantage?

Groups next........and I hate the group part. One person in a group can totally ruin things for the others in that group. We'll see.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think it would be cool if for the group performance they were paired up randomly and not allowed to choose. That would make or break a lot of them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Pjlover, I didn't even bother watching a whole show last year but this year has been a pleasure. The judges are fun to watch - they interact well with the contestants (and seem focused on the contestants), and there are some really talented people.

I wasn't sure about the airport hanger round but after thinking about it I thought that if the contestants couldn't handle the pressure of performing on the spot then they weren't going to be able to handle the pressure of the whole show (although how the meditation guy keeps going through I don't know).

The group rounds are interesting and considering that the nature of the show is that the contestants are supposed to be able to do some choreography, sing harmony and work together in a group then I guess it is necessary. However I wish they would do away with "pick your own group" and have them more deliberately chosen - although it always seems that even with a bad group a truly talented person can rise to the top and outshine the bad members in a group. That one girl should have just shut up and worked harder instead of berating her groupmates about them letting her down - what a "B" (and I suspect she doesn't get through - who would vote for her after that diva performance?)! You get to see a lot about a person's character in how hard they work and how they get along with others in situations like that.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
All I can say is .... Harry Connick, Jr makes this show now. The 3 have a nice comraderie and I love when Harry and Keith tease each other like boys in grade school with JLo being the one who pulls them back into what they are supposed to be doing.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Really enjoyed this round. Still not sure what they're "seeing" in some of these but suppose they have to keep a certain number of so-so singers to have someone to eliminate the next round. I think the final group are going to be great, there are some truly great singers this year.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That mother going off on the girl with the pink streak was ridiculous! Her daughter has a lot more grace than the mother.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm still enjoying the show and the judges much more than last year but I'm not very enthused about many of the people they seem to be putting through. I think they let some of the better people go early and kept some later on that aren't as good.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 07, 2014 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So far, I think the right ones have gone home.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I think they have sent home some who were better than some who they kept. However, I don't think any who went home had a prayer of winning, so it really doesn't matter in the end. It really becomes a matter of opinion in some cases. As long as they don't send home a potential winner, I can live with their choices. I also do not have a clear cut favorite, but I do like some better than others.

I agree that the judges are so much better than in the past. I was so glad to see JLo come back and Harry is perfect for the role of a judge. I am looking forward to the live shows.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Star tabloid mag says that since J Lo had insisted on being the only female judge, she was blindsided that Harry is so popular. And she thinks he jokes around too much. But she covers it up.. lol.. they say that proves she is a better actress than previously she was thought to be.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 10, 2014 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, if the ratings improve because of the likeability of the cast then she will benefit so she should just enjoy the job and the paycheck...lol.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm glad J Lo insisted on being the only female judge. For whatever reason, two female judges have never worked well.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I appreciate Harry's kidding around because I also think he has a lot of credibility and knows what he's talking about. I trust his critiques even more than Keith's or JLo's. I am loving the interaction of the judges and the newer format of the show. So nice to get more glimpses into what they are looking for.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Harry Connick for President in 2016! The man can do no wrong - they hit the jackpot hiring him and he makes watching the show fun again!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really really like the girl named Emily that made it through first tonight. She was the one they asked about her heritage and she said she is Cuban. So far she is my fav pick of everyone that went through tonight.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 12:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked her, too.. but others as well.

I did get tired of the judges repeatedly talking about how hard this is for them... they are being paid big bucks and shouldn't whine to the poor kid sitting there, praying that they will be staying.

I wasn't that stoked to see Randy but Keith and Harry were cute.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The cute boy, with the eyes. He's only mediocre and I hate that they keep focusing on him. He has a voice, just not an amazing voice. They're only putting him through for the young, female demographic. I guess that's why this is American Idol and not The Voice.

There actually were a few last night that I was puzzled on, but i'm sure they'll be weeded out relatively quickly once the voting starts.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about the judges whining, although I'm sure they are told to do that for dramatic purposes.

I think the guy with the pretty eyes has decent potential but he's going to have to show a lot more to make it further. I am a little puzzled about that Mihalya (or whatever her name is) girl - I haven't been that impressed by her voice but her enthusiasm is cute. Pink haired Jessica has a good voice but I'm kind of tired of seeing her already - she seems to have gotten more than her fair share of screen time.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have no doubt that at times it is difficult to send someone home, but JLo and Keith have done it before and returned and I just think they should stop using half of their words to these kids basically wanting sympathy. Just tell them if they are staying or going and use the time for something constructive to say to those leaving.

And of course many of this top 20 will be leaving, I assume prior to fan voting begins?

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, February 13, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I think 4 hours of them picking the top 30 is WAY TOO MUCH. Could have been done so much faster without all the drama stuff. Please, just tell them and us, and let's get to the show. Last night was awful, and I assume more of the same tonight.

And making some of them sing on the spot is all for the TV drama. Come on, you should have enough to go on without another 30 seconds of them singing.

And then the cliff hanger last night. I was so enjoying this season, but they brought back all the drama last night. ICK