TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Hollywood!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XIII: Hollywood! users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through February 13, 2014Mamapors25 02-13-14  10:43 am
Archive through February 18, 2014Naja25 02-18-14  7:27 pm
Archive through February 19, 2014Seamonkey25 02-19-14  3:50 pm
Archive through February 20, 2014Roxip25 02-20-14  9:19 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, fair.. unlike the travesty of not letting them perform or letting the viewers decide if they wanted them to continue.

Judges could have simply not chosen them for this level and told them, hey we are making another cut, but we hope you will return again.

LOL.. not that they asked me.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
It was cruel the way they did it. And I notice that last night the 5 boys got at least some attention. They just swept the girls off the stage the night before. I think they had some backlash about that.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Definitely cruel and obviously designed to create drama. The humane thing they could have done was -- just prior to airtime -- to tell the 5 unlucky singers that they were out of the competition and then send them off to an isolated room off-camera. Then once the show began, Seacrest could've said "The judges have reduced the field from 15 down to 10 and those 10 are sitting over there on the couches [they'd be behind a screen or curtain of some kind] and we're keeping their identities secret until it's each singer's turn to sing."

That way they wouldn't have had to make that ridiculous mad dash to the stage. And sitting hidden would've allowed each singer to remain calm until it was time to sing.

Instead we got "treated" to watching the hopes of the unchosen get crushed as the show progressed. For those of us who felt empathy for the unchosen it was painful to watch them get sadder and sadder as the show drew to its conclusion.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
So far, I haven't heard too many good singers. Maybe they'll improve.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sort of unfairly manufactured "drama" is the part of AI that I detest. It's a real turn-off for me.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same here, Jimmer. I think I'm more upset by this since they started the season so well with the new judging panel but they just cannot seem to resist these cheap shots for drama.

In other seasons I might not have been as optimistic, and thus, would have been less disappointed, if that makes any sense.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a major sinus headache right now so I hope someone will make a list of who goes through tonight. It hurts trying to focus on the print as I type, so I am going to go watch from the sofa in a big fluffy blanket and an ice pack.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Naja, here are the results:
Malaya Watson
Ben Briley
Emily Piriz
Alex Preston
Jessica Meuse
Dexter Roberts
Caleb Johnson
Majesty Rose
M.K. Nobilette
Sam Woolf
Judges picked five singers to perform again and decided on these three to make it into the Top 13:
Jena Irene
Kristen O'Connor
C.J. Harris

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Longbeach :-)

I don't have an extreme favorite yet, but so far the 3 or 4 I was leaning toward made it through. Although, I was surprised tall Spencer didn't make it. I thought he was pretty good as well as being a cutie pie.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bria was one of the five they had sing and thankfully she didn't make it through. I think she thought she had it locked as she screamed through her performance and

I THINK Spencer was the other one they had sing and didn't send through.. whoever it was, I thought was adorable and I loved his song but they were pretty negative right away.

Hope you feel better, Naja, so you can really enjoy the season.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, February 20, 2014 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
This night was another train wreck, in my opinion.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I am just watching. It was Ladies Poker night. Why oh why oh why make them sing again?? Oi vey! So much drama. And things started out so promising this year. I will keep watching for a bit to see how it goes.

and I have to say it, Harry bugged me a little tonight.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I see Sam or Alex winning the whole shebang. WGWG!!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
The more I am watching, Harry really bugged me tonight. A little full of himself to me.

The whole format of the show bugged me. Maybe I was too tired to watch.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed that they kept that Kristen girl over Spencer. I thought she was horribly off-key while she sang - both times this week. Besides, that Spencer guy was pretty easy to look at!

Personally I still like Harry. I think he gives concise, clear critiques of the singers. I prefer that over somebody just saying "I still love you but that wasn't the right song for you." LIKE THAT'S HELPFUL!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Needless to say, the judges know waaay more than I do about music, but here's the thing. Here's Jlo swaying to the singing while I'm reaching for the mute button. This year is just puzzling to me.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
My favorite is Alex, I love that style plus he plays 11 or 12 instruments! Also love Sam, Caleb and M.k. oh and Majesty.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I'll take Harry's comments about "9" way over JLo's comment about "goodies". One just has way more credibility; I appreciate a judge who knows their music like Harry does!!!!!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
also, I am so happy that C.J. made it too

still think Harry is hot, hot, hot!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Agree about Harry: boiling hot! And I think you meant "goosies" Auntiemike (though I wouldn't doubt that Lopez's extreme paucity of meaningful words/phrases would also produce something like 'goodies').

Those of us in the Los Angeles area were visited by an interloping 8 seconds of a commercial for the California lottery right in the middle of Jena Irene's performance. Ooops! Someone in the local Fox affiliate station might be out a job this morning.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am so happy that I have dvr so I don't have to listen to the commercials in between every single singer!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm CJ all the way. Like Majesty, KM and the 2 country guys.
I was happy to see KM pull up her jeans last night when she was picked and walked across the stage. Someone must of told her that her about her butt showing Wednesday night when she bent over to hug the other girls.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
You're right Uncle-ricky, I meant GOOSIES. Thanks. It's such a technical term! ha ha

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah yes.. that was jarring when that fragment of a California Lottery plug smashed into a performance.

I like Harry's serious comments but Jennifer is going back to the tried and true, wanna be their friend and just stomp on a serious comment with her goosies and I love you's and so on and encouraging screaming.

I miss Simon.

BUT.. I don't miss squabbling judges or strange renaming of contestants, or inappriate remarks or babbling or yo yo yo (nikki/Mariah nikki steven paula randy..

I wonder if Keith calls his family members "baby" too..

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't mind if Keith called me "baby" :-)

And I miss Simon too. I got the feeling last night, that Harry was trying to be more Simon-esque. It didn't work for me. I mean the first singer, he gave a little grief to the band.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, if the band messes up and causes a singer to have issues they should be called out!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 21, 2014 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It did seem like the girl who played the keyboard had better sound support than some with the band. and if they hurt someone, he should call them out.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: