TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 5: Knockout Rounds: Archive through November 06, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The singers choose their own songs and work one on one with their coaches.

And there is a steal available.. I guess one for each coach.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Tonight's show was mostly women and not too many males singing and I was sad to see 1 or 2 go home. I'm lovin' the 2 veterans. They were up against each other....one was picked and the other was saved. Made my night!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the singing last night, although I think a number of the contestants seem to have 'nerves' during their performance.

The most disconcerting thing about last night was that Adam shaved his facial hair. He looks soooo much better with facial hair than without! Christina looked beautiful too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I liked the last guy that Adam stole back to be on his team. He was really good.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
On a side note, I was watching the Biggest Loser at 8pm and got kind of bored in the middle of the show. So, I turned over to the X-Factor. Wow, talk about produced performances with not very good singers... doors moving, sliding stages etc... Very Vegas-y (if that's a word) It was so refreshing when The Voice came on. It was just music, performances and personalities. I stayed up past my normal bedtime to watch until 11pm. There is such a difference between The Voice and The X Factor. The X-Factor seems much more 'slickly produced', while the Voice really does focus more on the singing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. X Factor looks like a badly over produced stage show with mediocre background singers. It's quite pathetic.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read that Adam was so impressed with Christina's weight loss that he is trying to get Cee Lo and Blake to be more healthy.. Cee Lo I guess eats and doesn't exercise and Blake is a pretty heavy drinker.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Another difference between The Voice and X-Factor is Mentor vs. Judge. The Voice Mentors are supportive and always have something kind to say. I watched the X-Factor the other night and couldn't believe how cruel the judges were to those who were not on their team. And when it came to eliminations it was more about the judges winning than encouraging the singers dreams.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch too much of this last night, however, I thought Will was great. Grey, on the other hand, was not so good to me. She sounded flat, yet they praised her. Maybe it sounded better in person.

Also, I think Adam should lose the slicked down hair product look. It makes him look like the poster for the 40 year old Virgin... which, I'm pretty sure, he's not!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Rather disappointed in the show last night. By this time last year, there were several singers that just blew me away. Absolutely no one "blew me away" last night.

Looks like the only ones to get in the Top 100 on ITunes were on Blake and Adam's teams.

5. James Wolpert
25. Tessanne
30. Will Champlin
33. Austin Jencdkes
39. Ray Boudreauz
40. Cole Vosbury
71. Cole Vosbury
85. Preston Pohl

I like Cole Vosbury and I've been trying since he first came on the show to think who he reminded me of. Hubby finally hit on it last night.....Jase Robertson from Duck Dynasty!! LOL!!

Adam looked just....weird! Grow the beard back and muss that hair a bit!

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The only ones that sang last night were Blake and Adam's teams. The other 2 teams sing tonight.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Jimmer...can we have pictures??? Pretty please? :-)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm looking forward to hearing 3 singers perform tonight....Caroline Pennell on Team Ceelo, she is the very shy girl who has a really unique voice, and Johnny Gray. On Team Xtina it's Matthew Schuler.
Question: What did you all think of Nik Hawk's performance?? I thought he was entertaining but he was a bit too much.
He won't sell records but people may pay to see him perform.
I thought Grey was off tune last night. Loved Cole.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Mr. Hawk turns me off completely. And, his singing wasn't that great either. I would totally classify him as an "entertainer". He creeps me out and I wouldn't mind seeing him go.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I am not surprised to see James in the top 10 on ITunes. I really enjoyed his performance. I also enjoyed Cole, as well as, Austin. I thought Grey was terrible. The judges evidently heard something different than I.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'll do that as soon as I can, Jewels. :-)

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, I forgot about that.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Team Ceelo and Team Christina tonight.... someone is singing Miley Cyrus's Wrecking Ball... I may have to change channels for that one.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Christina had a wonderful performance to open the show. I really liked it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched tonight yet but really enjoyed last night very much.

I'm not feeling Adam's new "look" at all..

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I want to go muss his hair up!

It must be the influence of the new fiancé.

So far, I've liked Kat and the girl who sang "I will survive".

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 12:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Just my opionion --
Top 3 on Christina's team:
Jennifer Lee
Matthew Schuler
Olivia Henken.

Top 3 on Ceelo's team:
Caroline Pennell
Tamara Chauniece
Jonny Gray

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
My votes went to: Team Xtina...Matthew Schuler and Stephanie Ann Johnson who really surprised me.
Team Ceelo...Caroline Pennell and Johnny Gray
Team Blake...Austin Janckes, Cole Vosbury and Ray Boudreax.
Team Adam...Will Champlin and James Wolpert.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I couldn't stay up for the last half hour, but I did hear, I think, Caroline (the qwerky singer) and really liked her. They have a strong group this year. Can't wait for a banner so that I can remember who everyone is!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I want to go muss his hair up!

I actually sent a text during Monday's ep to a friend that said all he needed was a bowtie to complete his Poindexter look. I like him clean shaven, but he looked extremely nerdy this week.