TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Four Chair Challenge

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor III: Four Chair Challenge users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't see anyone discussing but presumably I'm not the only one watching??

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 02, 2013 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And I am HATING this..

Instead of the mentor working with his/her people and making a decision...

This is like a circus act. One by one the people in the group sing. Kelly couldn't send anyone home so the first four people filled the chairs and then she offed my favorite with some guy who didn't sing well (but had in the past) and THEN she booted him with another guy.

But what sucks to me is the first four sang, the four mentors said what they thought, Kelly chose to keep them.

THEN the next people got a chance to make an emotional statement fighting to take a chair.. but the first four never got to challenge or say why THEY should stay.

And the crowd screaming, the other judges egging her on.. all contributed to what kind of seemed like an emotional trainwreck of decision making.

ICK.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure I even bothered to record this but it sure doesn't sound like "entertainment" that I would want to watch. I don't want to see a circus. What's wrong with creating a singing show where experts in the field allow people to show their true talent. No bells and whistles and various sob stories. Just talent and respect.

What you described just totally turned me off watching. And that's not in any sense a complaint about your posting. Rather it is a thank you for telling us what to expect.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched a bit of this. From what I saw, it was really uncomfortable and drawn out.

While I still like the Voice, I am so over X factor and American Idol. I think they've run their course.

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey.....I so agree with you. Can't believe that Kelly sent the first girl home (mother of 8) and then Jeff but still kept Rachel (chair 4) as one of her final 4 ! Did she not listen and see the audience all voting to send Rachel home...and she was going to, until the pity statement. Hope the rest of the judges use more sense !

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I watched my recording this morning and do not like Kelly's choices! What an uncomfortable way to eliminate singers. I think she missed the boat!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, they did get to sing; forgot to say that!!

But the rest is a trainwreck, IMO..

Yes, the mother of 8..I loved her!! It was such a disadvantage for her that she sang first.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Kelly, who was all tongue-tied and emotional with HER choices was SO vocal about Demi's people.

And they are critiquing song choice? Why didn't the MENTOR help with that ahead of time???

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I hate the 4 chair format. It is extremely hard to watch the people squirm in their chairs, this format drags the whole thing out for them when it would be much more humane to cut them right away. Especially if you already have your final 4 in made up the way Kelly appeared to have.

I really liked the mom of 8 and was sad that she was eliminated.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I couldn't believe the mo of 8 was eliminated and the gal at the end (who wasn't feeling up to snuff) was kept. What? That is why I really questioned Kelley's decisions!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Demi was a bit better at making choices, except being bullied into keeping the last singer.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
I agree with all of you about the 4 chair challenge. It's not fair to tell someone they made the final 4 in their group only to snatch them up later. Cruel.

Sportsfan, I liked the mom of 8 too. She deserved a seat.

Not fond of Kelly. Too wishy-washy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I like that they've tried to kind of fast forward the earlier stages of the competition (less audition shows, eliminating the judges' houses) but the four chairs just didn't work for the reasons everyone has already said. I thought the idea of X Factor over Idol was that the mentors worked with the contestants to see how they could shine, they didn't make final four decisions without their input. Silly.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In The Star magazine (and I don't take The Star as gospel, but they often are right), the fourth judge was reported to be a real diva and someone who worked on the show said that Simon, Demi and Holly are really over her and that Simon isn't likely to have her back on the show... Add that to the behavior when she was a judge/mentor on the Spanish language La Voz.. not a great image. (affair with young but married person she was mentoring.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Saturday, October 05, 2013 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
The mom of 8 was the only singer who I would be interested in following later after the show. I hope some one latches on to her and helps launch her career. I hate the four chair concept. I am not sure I will watch from here on out.

Ladybug

06-10-2012

Sunday, October 06, 2013 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug a private message Print Post    
Very interesting info, Seamonkey...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This show seems to have dropped off my DVR and radar..

Huh, but I see my DVR says there is a show on 10/29 and I am recording it.

And that judges will announce the Top 12.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Baseball is preempting it.... it also may be the kiss of death for this show as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ahh, well at least I haven't missed anything. And if I had to choose, I'd rather watch The Voice.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The girls can sure out sing the boys!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched a little bit of this last night. All the group performances that I saw seemed 'slickly produced' with more showmanship than good singing. I didn't see any of the individual girls or guys.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm tired of these slick over produced shows. I just want to hear them sing.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Right now, I like Jeff of the overs, and Alex and Sierra.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree that they really go overboard on production on this show and all the extra singers!

I thought they mostly offed the right person tonight (but some earlier boots were not correct) but even though I like the couple, I wasn't sure Simon should have kept them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read that they rushed tonight's show for fear the World Series would go another game.. so now we get some sort of recrap for the next show.

They seemed to get more panicked and not let all the judges even speak. Actually that was a good thing, IMO.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oddly, whatever was on last night was a surprise to Time Warner.. there WAS a show but on the schedule it was two other shows.. it was just recap on the top three in each group..

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
In my newspaper's tv guide, for next week, it has to be announced in both time slots. Weird.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: