TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Auditions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor III: Auditions users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Simon was tweeting that this starts tonight. According to his tweets this season has more humour and will be fun to watch?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So I watched tonight and it was pretty good. They had three very good performances that I remember (the first guy, the young couple and the young girl with the problem with her hands). Sorry I can't remember their names.

The judges were fine though I don't know who the two new judges are?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed it tonight too. Is it just me or does it seem like Simon may be mellowing in his old age?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Watching my recording now. That young couple is DELIGHTFUL and very good with their harmony!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That young couple was good! I enjoy seeing people do well.

And yes I think Simon is mellowing. I can't believe how long these shows have been on now.

Stefne

06-14-2011

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stefne a private message Print Post    
I forgot all about this being on last night. Will miss tonight as I've already got two programs recording on the DVR and watching a third lol. Will join in next week.

Jimmer-Kelly Rowland was a member of Destiny's Child. I'm not familiar with the other new judge.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The young couple were very enjoyable. Put a big smile on my face. Looking forward to more auditions tonight.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was so happy last night was just one hour, two hours gets too long, but then I checked the schedule for tonight and it's two hours...

I like the judges so far, it seems like they're going to stick to their job which is the way I like it.

How on earth was that 52 year old woman not a star already?!?

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I already have favorites! Jeff Brinkman, Simone Torres, Racheal Potter and Rion Page also liking the group Roxy Montana

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Not sure which 50-something you mean, but Lillie has been a star already.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/x-factor-lillie-mccloud-actually-nicole-internationally-acclaimed-recording-artist.htm

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, September 13, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Apparently, Rachel Potter has been pretty successful already, too.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/x-factor-3-rachel-potter-acclaimed-broadway-star.htm

And I also heard the guy who was rude had been in the band, Menudo.

You can probably google them and find out more. I didn't. I read this on another board.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2013 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Lillie was the one I meant. It makes sense she'd had some success before, you couldn't look like that and sing like that and not have done it professionally at some point, surely!?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2013 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, there is no rule you can't be successful before on any of these shows. I don't think anyone would mind if they were honest about it, but they always try and show them as inexperienced because the voting audience will vote for the sob story, apparently because they confuse singing shows with queen for a day.

I wish they could be honest once and say they sent people out looking for real not famous performers. Maybe that can be another show.

For example, several contestants on idol have known people involved with idol before the show - like Corey in season 2 who's family were friends of Debra Bird the coach and she had recommended him for and he got the job singing back up for Barry Manilow. Little known fact there. I am still pretty convinced that the way the show presented him he was supposed to the be winner of season 2 until he got in trouble and handled it badly, ha ha . long story why I think that, won't go into it. Or Carrie Underwood, who had a record contract with RCA Nashville until just before she was on Idol and had opened for some famous country bands, but was presented as a naive country girl. And don't start me on Fantasia and her fantastic interview story that just makes no sense at all.

So no one is a naive never performed, if they were, they would stink on TV. Everyone has some performance experience and over half of them have a good deal of middling to high professional experience.

I wish they could be honest, but I can also see why they are not.

That being said, this x-factor year seems to be trying for a much lighter touch. I think it would be pretty funny for some of the mentors to teach the professionals abut singing, ha ha, although they can teach them about TV appearances.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
There are some really good singers this year. Going to be hard to only pick one favorite to vote for. Might have to have more than one, at least, early on.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No time to look up, but the new judge from Mexico reportedly had an affair with a married younger contestant on the Mexican (or latin am) version of the Voice La Vez (not sure of spelling there). Some tabloid or online tabloid had pictures.

She seems ok but I wonder..

Nice to see the three female judges seeming to bond. Of course once it becomes a competition, things can change.

I'm blanking on the groups assigned.. I think Siomon has the groups and Demi has the girls. But not sure if Kelly got the boys or the older singers.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I wrote it down or I would never remember. Demi got girls, Paulina got boys, Kelly got over 25's, Simon got groups. I was surprised that Brandie Love girl didn't make it. She wasn't my fave or anything though. Probably some of the others, too, if I could think of them.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: