TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Auditions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 5: Auditions users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starts Monday, September 23rd.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer!

Another one I can't wait to start!

"The Voice" season 5 premieres Monday, September 23 at 8 p.m. ET on NBC, and the original gang is back. Season 4 coaches Shakira and Usher have finished keeping the spinning red chairs warm for returning coaches Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green.

The battle round mentors for the upcoming season of "The Voice" have been announced ahead of the official season 5 fall premiere. Team Christina will be accompanied by British singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran. Team Adam Levine is recruiting Grammy award-winning singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder of OneRepublic. Team Cee Lo will receive counsel from R&B artist Miguel. Finally, the most recent winning coach, Team Blake Shelton will join forces with music icon Cher, who performed during the "The Voice" season 4 finale.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/19828/20130909/voice-season-5-premiere-coaches-mentors-watch.htm

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD is a big Ed Sheeran fan so she'll enjoy that he is mentoring.

Bee

09-14-2009

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
I will miss Usher as a judge..thought he made a great one last season.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Me too Bee. I wasn't sure about him when it started, but he turned out to be a great mentor. I'll also miss Shakira. I really didn't know anything about her, but learned to love her.

Love the interaction between Black and Adam. Hubby said he saw a video or something where Adam and Christina both were laughing and saying they didn't care if they won this time, they just didn't want Blake to win!! Can you imagine how hard he's going to be to live with this season with 3 wins now under his belt? LOL!!

Bee

09-14-2009

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bee a private message Print Post    
Just put a shortcut from here to my desktop. The Voice is one of my favorites. Cannot wait for it to start.

Mickiej

07-26-2004

Monday, September 16, 2013 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
I agree too. Love the Voice, and wasn't sure if I would like Shakira and Usher. But I loved both of them! Really thought Usher was very intutive. Just a great show.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I'm excited for this to start tonight!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Monday, September 23, 2013 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Me too Sportsfan! I just hate that it's always at the same time as DWTS as I love that one too. I always record it because hubby likes The Voice, but not DWTS.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
As always, loved the first show. Christina has lost some weight and looks fantastic! She is such a tiny thing!

Saw some good talent last night. Several really good singers, and some, not so much.

Adam already has 3 on his team, Christina and Ceelo 2, and Blake only 1.

Not sure why any of them turned for that Nic guy. I didn't think he sang that well, and I have to admit, that thing hanging out of his nose is a total distraction for me.

Have you guys seen this? It's a short video and too cute!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=588400214530665&set=vb.167555906615100
&type=2&theater

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for that young boy, can't think of his name. I hope he comes back another year. He was good and his story just made him even more likable.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too, Mamie. He wasn't ready though, it would be good for him to wait a couple of years, and he'd get a bit of proper schooling done without so much distraction.

Those drippy nose spike things were horrible to look at. No offense to those with drippy nose spikes...

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
All the baby weight is gone and Christina looks awesome.

I'm glad the episode focused on people that made it and not so much on the ones that didn't make it. I hate seeing their disappointment.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Now, this ticks me off. This is someone who has contacts and has been in show business. smh

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Which one Carlpsmom?

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, September 24, 2013 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Elizabeth-Daily/

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I think E.G. is a great singer and I'm glad she made it. You should use all means that you have to make your dream a reality. Just my opinion.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
That is cool. I just felt like she has had all sorts of opportunities whereas others would not have and The Voice may have been it for them. They do this each season, so I was not surprised, just disappointed.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Yip, those w/experience get far in the comp but remember that back up singer for Michael Jackson from last yr......everyone thought she was a shoe in to win & she didn't even make it to the finals. Instead, that young Danielle country gal that had never even been on stage before an audience won.

I am liking many of them so far. The mixed race gal from Jamaaca that sang last on Tues is prob my fav at this time.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have no problem with EG Daily being on it either. I don't think it's helped her up till this point because she hasn't broken into the music business.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
elizabeth daly sings one of my absolute favorite songs ever. It's called "Waiting" and is on The Breakfast Club soundtrack. I knew exactly who she was the minute I saw her. She has had many contracts, just never made it out of the D league of singers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 27, 2013 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A friend mentioned they would miss Usher, but I actually hated all the mentions of Justin Beiber.. and at that same time Justin was running amok and could have USED a mentor!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I know she's from season 4 but landi and I are going to see Josh Groban next Monday and Judith Hill is opening for him. I can't wait!

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
I have a hard time keeping up until they whittle it down somewhat. But, they do seem to be getting some really good singers! It also seems like they are getting all their team members a lot faster this season. Or is that just my imagination?

It's always hard to remember at first who all the singers are, but I think Christina has got most of the best singers on her team so far.

Irishgranny

04-15-2009

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Irishgranny a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching "the X Factor" and it reinforced why I love "The Voice" ! Contestants are judged by talent,not by emotional pleas !

Geri

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 03, 2013 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Geri a private message Print Post    
I never watched this show but flipped it on last week. I love the premise that the judges choose by voice alone. That alone makes it superior to any other show.

But, the camaraderie among the judges is so much fun that i am enjoying that the most. The rivalry between Blake and Adam is a hoot and Ceelo and Christina are a lot of fun.

Don't know how much more I will watch after auditions but I sure have enjoyed the last couple of weeks.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I never watched this show before but kept hearing about it and I lost interest in American Idol. I love the auditions so far, none of this people who are horrible, just getting airtime for the shock factor. I love that all of the judges are talented and current. I like that they basically go on a bidding war to get people on their team. So far the people that have been on the show are so talented, it is great fun to watch.

Not sure how long the auditions go on for but I am going to stick with this one.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I am excited for the battle rounds.... Ryan Tedder (One Republic and many other artists) will be the guest coach with Adam Levine. If I was in that room, I would swoon at the sight of the 2 of them.... and hope for mouth to mouth from both of them ! If Adam ever took a year off, I think Ryan Tedder would be an awesome replacement.

Pjlover

09-12-2010

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pjlover a private message Print Post    
Geri, the camaraderie between the judges is one of the things hubby and I love the most about this show. They are all so much fun to watch!

Battle rounds start tonight! It's hard to remember all the contestants, (especially since I quite frequently get attacks of CRS) but it seems like Christina has the best team of talent. It's always interesting to me who they pair up together. Sometimes they put two really strong contestants together and one ends up going. I think I would pair up weaker ones with stronger ones to make sure I keep all the stronger ones. But, what the heck to I know? LOL!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
While I usually don't enjoy recaps, I did enjoy last nights recap of the selected singers. I realized that I had forgotten a number of them already. The preview of the battle rounds was fun. Looking forward to next week.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I was expecting battle rounds and not a re-cap so I was actually disappointed. :-( Let's get on with it! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For a recap, it was good.

LOVED the for of them singing together at the beginning.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: