TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 04, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: The Live Playoffs: Archive through June 04, 2013 users admin

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
'The Voice': Judith Hill sounds off on her surprise elimination from Season 4

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/05/the-voice-judith-hill-sounds-off-on-her-surprise-elimination-from-season-4.html?track=zap2it-email-newsletter-May302013

The shocking elimination of Hill and Simmons, both of whom were on coach Adam Levine's team, shook the Maroon 5 frontman, whose candid reaction was caught on a hot microphone. Levine muttered "I hate this country" upon hearing the results, earning him quite a bit of scrutiny from fans who felt offended by his remark.

Hill was kinder in her assessment of the nation, though she clearly felt her elimination was more fault of the voting public's. When asked what the competition taught her, she replied, "I think I've learned more about America. I've learned more about how they receive music and how to really make sure everything is something they can relate to."

Let's hope the artist can find a way to relate to the country going forward as she embarks on her career.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Tuesday's ratings told a pretty familiar story from the past couple of weeks: "The Voice" was far and away the night's top show in both viewers and adults 18-49 -- and carried NBC to a win in the latter category

Wednesday, NBC's "Healing in the Heartland" benefit concert scored Wednesday night's biggest audience as it raised money for victims of the Oklahoma tornadoes. It was also the No. 2 show of the night in adults 18-49, trailing FOX's "Masterchef," which improved on its numbers from last week.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I was not surprised by Judith's elimination, really. I know she's an excellent singer but for me, she didn't have "heart" in her singing. I never felt drawn in by her singing. I expected more from her. I prefer someone who is more real with their performance than someone who is technically perfect.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Speaking of Blake Sheldon's fundraiser "Healing in the Heartland" Wed night, does anyone know if the songs from that are available on itunes? I LOVED the final duet with Blake and Usher and would consider purchasing if available.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wish I could have had a cam on my living room tonight. DH got so mad that the Swon Bros did a Merle Haggard song, but no one ever mentioned them.

I had to tie him down, rewind, and show him that they did give credit to Merle Haggard.....LOL

I am telling you, Merle Haggard fans are die-hard.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I like the Swon Brothers. :-) They're entertaining.

I prefer to watch a recording of this show so that I can fast forward through that stupid sky box and that dingy girl who talks to the contestants. I really like The Voice, with the exception of this part of it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Holly and Amber are in trouble.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, June 03, 2013 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Smokey.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually had tickets once to see Merle Haggard, but he cancelled. And it was a long drive so I got my money back. But.. the second act, which filled in for the whole concert, was The Judds and I missed an opportunity to see them early in their career.

Crazy was a little odd.. at times..

I would send Sasha home.

Michelle is very entertaining. I'd pay to see her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Michelle may win it all.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I love Michelle, and have from Day #1. I also think that she and Usher make a really good combination; she chose correctly.

I will have to watch it "on demand" today, sadly I fell asleep right after "Crazy". Somehow if I hear "Crazy", I want it to be the Patsy Cline version. It's so iconic. I was sorry for that song choice.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I would be surprised if Michelle & Danielle have anything to worry about tonight.

I agree that either Holly or Amber will prob. go tonight. If I was a betting gal, I'd put my money on Holly going. Just don't think she's got the like ability factor that Danielle or Michelle, or the Swon's have. I don't think Sasha has that like ability factor with the fans as well either but, I really adore Shakira's enthusiasm about Sasha & I would bet that got her enough votes to keep her safe at least tonight.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I am ready for the Swon's to go and then Sasha. I like Amber, Danielle or Michelle for the win.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've been surprised that the Swon's have gotten as far as they have. They're good - but kinda in a lounge act way - not selling out to huge crowds. However, folks like them & are voting to keep them in this show.

It's not just about talent anymore because they all have talent. It's more about the popularity with the folks who actually vote (no, I'm not a voter).

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
The season finale of "Revolution" and the Top 6 performances on "The Voice" gave NBC a ratings win Monday night, and both shows improved on their numbers from a week ago. "The Voice" also stopped its weeks-long trend of declining in adults 18-49.

NBC easily led the night in viewers, drawing 9.5 million people and a 6.0 rating/10 share in households in primetime. ABC (5.2 million, 3.6/6) beat out CBS (4.5 million, 3.0/5) for second. FOX came in fourth with 1.7 million viewers and a 1.1/2. The CW (560,000, 0.4/1) trailed.

NBC scored a 2.8 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic, beating second-place ABC (1.5) by a healthy margin. No one else could break 1.0 -- CBS came in at 0.9, FOX at 0.7 and The CW at 0.2.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
spoiler..........

Michelle saved 1st & Sasha saved 2nd. These 2 also did a duet.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Danielle was saved too.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Amber is safe.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Amber and Danielle were beautiful together...again! I still think these are the final two.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Someone from Team Blake is finally going home. I think Holly.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Me too, Kookliebird

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Too many blond country singers in the competition..... one needs to go.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised they lasted this long.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I should have bet......Holly goes!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
It would have been so surprised if she was saved.