TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 30, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: The Live Playoffs: Archive through May 30, 2013 users admin

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
I'm done with Hee Haw!!!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I wasn't surprised to see Judith go. Technically, she was great but I never saw her personality come through. Adam also did her a disservice with the song she sang Monday night.

I think the final 2 will be Danielle and Michelle.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Does Adam Levine Hate America or Just Country Music?

http://news.yahoo.com/does-adam-levine-hate-america-just-country-music-134032581.html

Adam's frustration with Judith's and Sarah's leaving diminished Amber's success. I understand Adam's disappointment, but he should have been thrilled for Amber. Or does he really think Amber doesn't deserve being part of final 6?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Judith's experience was heads above everyone on the show and that cost her votes because people voted to save others thinking Judith was a lock.

Also, Adam had such a strong team, I think he's frustrated that he's down to 1 person now.

Dobiheart

05-09-2011

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dobiheart a private message Print Post    
I am happy to see Judith leaving. They stressed so many times how she is an all out right "entertainer" Yes, she is. Well above the rest. Someone with her caliber should not of even tried out. Seems not fair to the rest of singers, who some haven't even sang in front of ANYONE. She may have gone because people thought she was a shoe in. But personally, I never would vote for her because she was already an entertainer, no where near a "beginner"

Just my 1 1/2 cents worth... sliding back into the corner.... hiding.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I think Adam is pretty frustrated with how things have worked out and that is all there is to it. It's kind of embarrassing that Blake has so many more singers left than everyone else. And it's obvious that the country fans vote vote vote!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed, it's clear from other talent shows that country singers have a strong fan base. But, right now, I think there are too many country singers left and they will be pared down next week.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Michelle is my fav & I hope she wins.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I second that emotion

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Michelle is a very unique singer/performer and seems a really good fit with Usher. I actually think she will, either win or, be in the finals.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
It is ridiculous how the media is making a big deal on what Adam said last night.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I knew that this would happen when I heard him say it last night. However, I also knew that it wasn't literal. He just couldn't believe who the last 4 standing were based on America's vote.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Well, I'm totally bummed...all of my favorites are gone now and we're only down to the final 6. Guess this just isn't my season for music competitions.

Oh well, despite my disappointment with the results, I've still 100% enjoyed watching this season. None of the contestants haven't been good.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
exactly my take too, Kookliebird

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
But, for Amber's sake, Adam should have reigned in his feelings. Plus, it's poor sportsmanship. Shikira and Usher both were very classy when their team members left. I just hope this doesn't effect how people vote for Amber. I mean, it's hard to rally around someone whose own coach doesn't think she deserved to move on.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
At this point in the comp. IMO Adam knows that good acts will have to go & I believe that his shock was only that Judith was one of the 2 to leave. Judith has been a stand out front runner from the start. However, she had already peaked & it's obvious that others just keep getting better every wk. Michelle on Usher's team & Daniele on Blake's team & even Amber on Adam's team are 3 good examples of contestants that are just getting better every wk. Possibly, America wants to see just how far these prev. unknowns can go. I wouldn't have been shocked if Holly would have left because I think Daniele has more star quality than Holly. I also think that Sarah sang out of tune a lot so I wasn't surprised that she left. The country duo are as good as some famous acts, but they are not the best act on this show. Sasha is just not my cup of tea. Honestly, IMO Michelle & Amber had the best showing this wk.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just watched the concert for Oklahoma. It ended with Blake and Usher dueting on Home. It was so good. I am still teary-eyed mess after the concert. Vince Gill and Miranda Lambert really got to me.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Mamie, same emotions here. I LOVE Vince and Miranda. Blake's and Usher's duet was emotionally moving. I really have grown to enjoy the Usher. He's a winner that sets a wonderful example...classy.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 3:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Miranda made me cry. Also loved the Blake/Usher duet. Home is one of my favorite songs ever, both by Blake and by Michael Buble.
Was disappointed it was only a one hour special. Had hoped they would show the whole concert.
Off topic, but tonight is the big concert in Boston for the Marathon bombing victims. Another concert that sold out in 5 seconds.
Appears that no network or local channel is airing it and I am VERY disappointed since getting tickets wasn't an option.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The backlash on the comment by Adam is nuts. Yes, it was a dumb thing to say anywhere near a microphone because people will interpret it any way they want and some will be critical. That's part of being in the public.

But some of the reactions are so far over the top! I've heard him called unpatriotic, a "left wing liberal" (still trying to figure out when being a liberal became a crucifiable crime), and told to get out of the United States. Yikes, people.

Maybe some folks need to get a little perspective on life?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
For those of us who did not hear what Adam said, is it worth repeating here? If not, I will understand. I certainly don't want to get caught up in all the hullabalu but would like to know what is leading others to label him so fiercely. Thanks.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
When Blake's contestants were being saved and it wasn't looking good in the voting for his last two contestants you could hear Adam say off screen "I hate this country".

Obviously referring to either the voting or country music.

Not a good thing to say but I think it's being blown far out of proportion. Most of us have been frustrated by the voting at various times.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer. It is appalling what I end up saying sometimes out of frustration....not me 99% of the time. We should always cut each other some slack. Unfortunately when you are in the public eye and have a microphone in front of you that makes it "fair game" to some. He's allowed his opinion, whatever the basis of his statement was.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Here is the actual video of Adam saying he hates this country:

http://mashable.com/2013/05/29/adam-levine-voice-i-hate-this-country/

Of course Adam didn't mean he hates his country. I am just disappointed in Adam not showing more sensitivity. If those were his last two singers, it wouldn't have been as bad. But, with Amber there, he showed his preference for Judith and Sarah over her. Her feelings and the feelings of the fans that voted for her are hugely important and Adam should have been more empathetic to that fact.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Speaking of sensitivity, I give Carson props for being more aware of the feelings of The Voice's singers. I liked the way he never mentioned that there would be a shocker elimination that night. Ryan Seacrest has emphasized many times about a shocking elimination. That implies that some of the singers 'belonged' there more than others. Carson treats everybody with the regard and the respect that all deserve. Cat Deeley is the best at showing all her dancers much love and support.