TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
4/17 - Top 5 week (singing & results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 4/17 - Top 5 week (singing & results) users admin

AI12
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 18, 2013Naja25 04-18-13  5:27 pm
Archive through April 18, 2013Bonzacat25 04-18-13  10:28 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if they're allowed to use the save next week or not (they didn't make a big deal about it being the last chance, so I think they can) but if it was true that if they used the save on Janelle then TWO would go home next week that's a big risk. It would have been Kree this week...

Fantasia was Fantastic!

Clay might have had a bit too much botox (isn't he still quite young? don't know why he's messing with his face at this age!).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Ha Ha Nicki is giving us a view of her thong again, like there were not enough shots of it on TV tonight.

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 18, 2013 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
LOL, that photo deserves some thought bubbles over each of their heads!

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 5:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Clay looked like he had a clown face....sad that someone so young would do that to their face.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought he looked really different. I used to just love him so much. He doesn't affect me the same way anymore. I liked him better before he was so polished and botoxed! Glad he's so successful though.

Why does Nicki always have to make those goofy faces??? Why can't she just smile like a normal person?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I thought that Clay looked fine and sang great as usual but I also think it is a sign of desperation on the part of AI that they brought him back.

I don't know how important personality and energy is for a performer and how to measure it but I think that the remaining performers are a little weak in that area. Janelle probably wasn't the best singer but at least she seemed to be having fun. Kree and Candice (especially Kree) don't seem to have a lot of energy. Amber seems pretty lively. I don't know what to think about Angie.

I'm not expressing it very well but they all seem to be missing that unquantifiable quality that makes for a great performer.

I agree about Nicki. She is always mugging for the camera. And Mariah is always so affected and over the top.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I agree with you about Mariah and Nicki. I am also tired of Randy's "in it to win it" and Keith bobbing up and down for so many performances. Some performances deserved standing ovations, but....

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the results show.

Why, oh why, does Fantasia have to be such a screamer? It is not singing in my opinion. I've never liked her but wanted to give her another chance. She still screeches through her songs.....UGH!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I loved Fantasia's performance last night!! She was awesome!

Clay butchered one of my favorite songs!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I didn't enjoy Clay's or Fantasia's performance last night and I agree he did butcher the song. At first I thought he looked very arrogant while singing, but after reading some of the comments above, I think he has had too much Botox and his face can't show emotion anymore. Sad, he is too young for that.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Clay always looked arrogant. It's just the way he looks. How did he butcher the song?

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
I must not have been studying Clay, closely, because I thought he looked better than he had, in years. He really did butcher the song, though;(.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't know how he wrecked the song, but in my opinion he did. It wasn't as good as when he sang it before. I realize he just put his own spin on the song, but I didn't like it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
FYI - I am not here to defend Clay, but Idol has been known to put makeup on him with a spatula - here is a video where you can see - no botox, wrinkles forehead, looks like he did in the past, no plastic surgery, and still talks like a southerner when relaxed. 1/2 minute ad plays first.
Clay Aiken Dishes On How American Idol Has Change

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
He kind of warbled the long notes, I think he did it intentionally because he thought it would sound good, but it spoilt it for me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kitt, that's it, he warbled the long notes.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Yes he did warble:-). My thought, when hearing him, was that "you can't go home, again."

I've never been a Jessica Simpson fan, but I do know that her singing began to suck, when she started warbling. (Perfect word choice, Kitt:-))

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've always liked Clay & he's always been one of my most fav AI contestants if not my very most fav. However, he didn't sing that song near as well as he has before but, I didn't care.

I've never been a fan of Fantasia & I'm still not. I noticed the screeching too. I will say that she put her whole heart & soul into it but she just ain't my cup of tea.

I wasn't surprised that the save wasn't used. Anyone know which 2 wanted to save her & which 2 didn't?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I heard that Mariah wanted to save her. I'm not sure who the other one was.

I know she wasn't the best singer but I enjoyed Janelle more than Candice and Kree.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 19, 2013 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Keith wanted to save her. Saw that on the local fox news that aired later after the show.. it was promoted during AI, so I set it to record and watched it today. Keith said he wanted to giver her another week but others didn't. Randy made is sound like it was 2 and 2.. and Nicki's face and earlier statement said she didn't lobby for Janelle.

Kittystj

08-10-2001

Monday, April 22, 2013 - 3:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kittystj a private message Print Post    
I thought Clay looked fantastic. He hit the song out of the ballpark. Botox? No way.
Dressed great, hair a bit puffy..sounded out of this world. And how in the h... Did he ruin the song?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: