TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Battle Rounds

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: Battle Rounds users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love `em or hate `em, here come the Battles.. and some steals.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I have never watched the battle rounds. I look forward to hearing what people think about them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would be curious to have you watch and hear what you think. There are some great battles and some not so great.. the steal added something, though I think it is pretty limited, as I recall.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 15, 2013 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The Swan Brothers look so much to me like they could be part of the Ritter family. John Ritter's sons and Jason's brothers.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the battle rounds, but nothing memorable seems to be happening this year. However, I am wondering why when Usher goes up against Adam or Shakira for a steal.. or even in the beginning rounds, why do the contestants always choose Adam or Shakira? I would have thought that Usher had an edge, but consistently, he loses out when the contestant is faced with a choice. It happened again last night when I was sure she would take Usher, but took Adam.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He seems kind of smug to me and maybe he's not as current for these people? But I really don't know..

I assume they have a limit on how may steals each so in time Usher will be able to steal when they won't?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
That's what it is, "He seems kind of smug" at least compared to the other 3 coaches. The other 3 just seem more sincere & compassionate towards the contestants.

I really like the 2nd chance young man that is on Shakira's team even tho I don't think he has a chance at winning this thing. I also like the dimple young gal that Adam stole from Blake & the Latino gal that Shakira stole from Adam. It's their personalities that I find becoming. Of course, the Michael Jackson back up gal is at the top of the pack talent wise. Blake always latches on to a lesser talented young blonde country singing gal but the voters take care of getting rid of them when it gets to that point in the comp.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Usher=Smug. I don't much care for the guy. He's always pushing how he can make them a career. I think he comes at it with much less heart than the other 3.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Love Usher and it was way cool the way he saved the young man who recently lost his Mom.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Usher is very currrent!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Then smug is the new current. I keep thinking of Justin Beiber and wonder if he is happy, or is he another one being sacrificed and burnt out while making money for his so-called support team.

And wait down the road.. some of those saved will be cast aside.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ok, I don't know names, but the redhead girl against the blondish guy. All four of the coaches praised them up one side and down the other. I didn't get it. I thought they both sounded a-w-f-u-l. What did I miss? Is my hearing off?

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
Oh Gurliegirl I'm so glad you heard the same as me. I thought I imagined both of them singing badly.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I know Shakira & Blake have used both of their steals & Usher still has 1 steal left to use tonight. I can't remember if Adam has used both or just 1 of his.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched the past couple seasons, so I am wondering...did they always cut off some of the battle rounds and not show them in full? I find it extremely distracting that they give the "full feature" treatment to some (rehearsal, dress rehearsal, performance) and others they just cut off with a partial performance. Seems totally unfair. I wanted to specifically to see the "indie" young woman (who evidently won) with glasses and dark hair, and they only showed a few bars of her song. what's up with that?

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 1:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
And PS what are the knock-out rounds all about?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 4:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Cee Lo is returning next year.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Beth, I thought the same thing. Then I thought maybe the other singer, or both singers, were just really bad and they didn't want to show it for fear of embarrassment or bad comments. I think this show is better at not publically embarrassing the contestants.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, I MIGHT agree, but how could so MANY be bad?? There were *three* battle rounds that they cut way short last night, almost as many as they showed. And they did the same the other night. And with their wonderful editing equipment, couldn't they at least show us more of the winning performance? Another site mentioned that one female singer has gotten approximately zero air time, either in the blind auditions or in the battle rounds. If the same happens in the knock-outs, she will be at a distinct dis-advantage if she goes on to public voting.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: