TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: Blind Auditions!: Archive through April 09, 2013 users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I can't believe none of the judges picked the young Brazilian guy! He was better than some for sure.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Denecee, I heartily agree. I couldn't believe it either. He was way better than some they chose. I know the judges know what they're doing and way more than we do, but with the coaching, it seems like they could correct what needs to be.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
"This is Julie Roberts everybody"-Blake

"Who?"-Me

Northstar

09-29-2008

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
At times I wonder if they don't pick an average singer to ensure a bit of bank when it comes to the battle rounds. Cynical yes, but I still wonder,

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Loving Usher and Shakira too and their dynamics with the others. They are just fun to watch, as well as adorable. It's a good fit. Glad Cee Lo and Christina are gone. It seems like a really good group auditioning and we are off to a great season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a shame no one turned around for the redheaded street singer last night. I thought she sounded fantastic. They really should bring her back for the second chance thing they do.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I caught this or the first time ever on Sunday last, thanks to CBS and their irritating sports overtime crap. Whenever there's a game on CBS, I just forget all about CBS for the night so tune into NBC or ABC instead. I really enjoyed The Voice, especially the camaraderie and dynamic between the judges and the way they speak to the singers. I also appreciate the fact there's no waste of time nonsense in the auditions such as is the case on AI with all the silly screechers who just want their face on TV.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Naja, I agree that the redheaded street singer was good, better than some others they let thru.

I am loving all the judges!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I happen to like Christina, makeup and all, but what about Cee Lo? Clownish for sure!!

I like the new judges, though I'm still tired of the amped up bickering between judges, as usual.

And every time Usher milks his role with Justin Beiber and how he will mentor this or that person, I want to run a clip of Justin in the last year and say.. mentor, get busy with your boy because he's in need of some grounding and possibly being "used up" right now.

There have been some good auditions too, so I have hope (we will see). I do enjoy the show more than idol or x factor.

I always wonder about the long term results.. would like to think the last singer of a coach would continue to be mentored but so far, I haven't seen that. And there ARE some very good singers that come out of this.

I think this show is about chances.. not just first chances but second and third. That's why they do encourage older singers, even those who had a chance before..

I loved that the one guy really listened to Blake's advice from last year, took it to heart and came back and then made sure to thank Blake. I know Adam and really all of them do try to give good advice to some they don't choose.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I love the good-natured bickering between judges. Usher and Shakira have mastered it in a way that Christina never did. Blake still seems awkward to me when he does it, and Adam is only a little better.

But the new judges seem to be able to pull it off without ever crossing the line into mean, and I really enjoy that.

I usually stop watching after the battle rounds, but I may stick around longer this year to see how it plays out.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Loving this show once again and as much as I like Celo, I am not missing him this go round.
The Voice is for me like the game of basketball or hockey...........fast and exciting.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I do not miss CeeLo or Christina at all. I don't miss having to see Christina's cleavage or her 'come hither' look she gave the boys. I don't miss CeeLo's antics and craziness. Glad that circus has left town and I hope it doesn't come back! Shakira and Usher are a breath of fresh air and truly seem to care about the contestants and mentoring them and Shakira can definitely hold her own! I love Blake and Adam and laugh at them every time I watch the show. What a crack up!

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I always thought Adam was an arrogant little twerp but have definitely seen another side to him watching this show. He really seems like a very decent and likeable guy! An unexpected bonus from watching.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I watched last night & came in here today to see everyone's comments & surprise.....there are none! Anyway, all 4 coaches just have 1 spot left to fill on their teams after last night & they will be filling them tonight. The coaches are not turning their chairs as readily as they were earlier on. It almost doesn't seem fair to the folks in the last auditions.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Texas, I agree. They do get pickier toward the end.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
yep.......they need to make a change on this part to make it more fair.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I"m not able to think of anything, however.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I love it when Shakira starts dancing in her chair!

Loremma

04-25-2004

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I think they edit it to make it seem like they all have only one choice left. Because really, they pick evenly for all the previous shows and everyone has only one left? I bet one or more of the judges fills up pretty fast and one or more has a bunch of choices when it gets towards the end.

I love the addition of Shakira and Usher and don't miss Cee-Lo or Christina one bit. I never thought I'd say that!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
At the end of each show, they show who has been picked so far, and how many spots they have left. For a time, Blake was far behind the others, but he caught up.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
actually, they show the auditions out of order. One judge said he could not turn around on a good singer early on because he had filled up his choices.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've not seen that. In fact, the last show, they always have judges who are already full. At some point, only one judge is left, and that one will listen to several contestants before choosing. So, it was not my impression that they showed them out of order, since I recall that clearly from the last season.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
This season Blake said he wanted to turn around for someone but he had his max. It was in an interview. I have to look back, it was last week some time.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying this show immensely. The friendly banter between the judges is great; I find myself totally entertained by that alone. The calibre of the singers is so much better than Idol it will truly be a tough competition to come out on top.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadies, could that have been after the live audtions were over? They are showing tapes of the 'live' auditions. They aren't really live.