TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 02, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: Blind Auditions!: Archive through April 02, 2013 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Here ya go!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love love love Shakira! She is so much easier on the eyes than Xtina. And she seems like such a pleasant person. Usher seems so much sweeter than I imagined.

My fav audition of the night was 16 yr old Danielle that sang the Taylor Swift song. That was the first time she sang publicly and I was so impressed by that. She was amazing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm getting pretty tired of AI so I'm going to give this one another chance this year. Plus I like Shakira as well. That said, I have it recorded and I probably won't get to see it until later.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I only caught the last 45 minutes. Shakira and Usher are much-needed fresh air for this show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know Xtina is an iconic singer, but it seemed like her normal tv show makeup and clothes bordered on clownish....to the point of distraction.

Shakira is 4 or 5 years older than Xtina, and really the most drastic thing she does to her natural looks is bleach her hair. She's beautiful.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Xtina was starting to look like Mae West.l

This is the first time hubby and I have watched this show. I like the idea that they listen to the voice without judging the singer's appearance, but I find the screeching of the family members in the room off stage very distracting and annoying. I'd rather just hear the singer perform. Save the screeching and crying for after they're done.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Double post. Sorry.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I cried way too many times watching tonight's show! I enjoyed Shakira and Usher as judges.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I tuned in to see Usher, I think this time I will try to stick it out longer than previous seasons. Not too big on Christina, either.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I too enjoyed Shakira and Usher, who apparently talks before his brain catches up (State of Nashville). LOL.

Shakira was a pleasant surprise. She's very personable and holds her own, without being snippy, with the other judges.

Loved when Usher tried to "bribe" the young country singer with Bieber tickets! I never really cared for Usher's style of singing, but I think I like his personality.

Also, I think the beginning song was great. Shakira rocking the Harmonica!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I like these 4 judges much better as a group...and while I never have listened to Usher, I always have liked his personality. Last night was my first taste of Shakira and I was impressed - especially with the harmonica.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love both new judges. This is gonna be a great season. I think Adam has a good chance of winning again with his pick last night.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I noticed that Adam was really holding back on turning his chair this year. I think he's looking for something special and found one last night. I actually thought she would choose Usher. I also liked how much Adam encouraged people who did not make the voice to continue on.

Lake_gal

06-09-2004

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lake_gal a private message Print Post    
Glad this show is back. I enjoy it alot more than the other singing shows. The new judges fit in perfectly. I think this will be a great season.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone recognize the short guy in Midas Whale? He is Jon Peter Lewis, 8th place finisher from the third season of American Idol. I did not recognize him. I loved the duo!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Usher didn't even recognize the girl last night because he was at Michael Jackson's memorial service.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
did anyone notice that one of the two guys singing folk was Jon Peter Lewis of season 3 idol? Ha ha . How many previous not winners of idol have been on this show, seems like a lot.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He looks totally different.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I wonder why they had someone who obviously could have a career with the show. That kinda turned me off.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I am going to ask a question that I am too lazy to research. Has anyone who has been a contestant on this show gone on to make a big selling recording? I read quite often where people say that American Idol is old hat, done, over, whatever. Quite frankly I enjoy watching The Voice more than American Idol; in particular, this year. But, my goodness, person after person who makes it into the top 10 or so of AI, have gone on to at least make a record. Some have done really well. Just wondering if anyone knows how well former contestants on The Voice have done?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just watched the show this week for the first time in a while and I had a similar question. I loved the show, the judges appear so much better than AI (intelligent, interesting, caring, etc.) and the contestants are all solid performers. Everyone seems to be making the most of the experience. Just a great show. Yet to the best of my knowledge AI is the only American singing talent show to consistently produce contestants who go on to have a significant success in the business. I'm a bit baffled.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Watched last season, enjoyed it but this season looks alot more promising with the addition of Shakira and Usher. I'm in love with Midas Whale.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't even imagine what that pretty blond Julia was thinking singing that awful Blake song. It didn't show one single good quality of her voice. It was practically one single tormenting note through the whole thing. I know she is a good singer, so I am so mad at who told her she sounded good singing that song.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The audition rounds are always pleasing, what I don't like are the battle rounds and the deliberate tanking of one of your people by picking a song better sung by the other person. Like if you have a country singer and a rocker, picking a country song. And the public does not get to decide, just the judges which makes it much a lock for them to get thew final few they want. Why even bother.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I have no clue why Julie Roberts was given an audition. She's "been there, done that." She had a recording contract and she couldn't keep it.

She proved nothing by being on, she sounded terrible. In my personal opinion, I think she embarrassed herself by trying out. I was glad no one turned around. Just proved she shouldn't have been in on the first place.