TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 3/27 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through March 28, 2013 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Top 8 to sing motown this week. I enjoy motown week, but I know that it is dated

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starting a new thread for this week's shows. As Sadiesmom mentioned, it's Motown week. I have to confess that I'm one of those people who find this week to be a bit dated. Some fantastic songs but they've been so over done on this show and they rarely do them well.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 25, 2013 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Mowtown and Beatles are my favorite weeks. When they were auditioning and could sing whatever song they liked,I barely recognized any of the songs. Damn, Im old.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I read on FORT that Smokey Robinson is their mentor this week. I grew up with Motown, so I'm feelin old also!

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Nicki Minaj: I have been a spectacular 'American Idol' judge so far

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/nicki-minaj-i-have-been-spectacular-american-idol-judge-so-far-14607.php

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
According to Ryan, it is detroit week, not motown, they can sing anything from someone from Detroit. Now I would love to see someone sing some eminem, but no, they all stuck to motown.

Lorie

08-29-2003

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
I'm watching Survivor. Has Angie sung yet?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it's my ears or what but so far Kree and Janelle sang a duet. Kree was good, Janelle was so off pitch even the judges called her out on it. Candice was not great, Lazaro, was Lazaro, all over the place and Janelle, again was not great.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is your ears Jag..lol

The judges and I thought Janelle was great singing You Keep Me Hanging On playing the acoustic guitar. But, I agree that she was pitchy with Kree.

I think they all sound good tonight, yes, even Lazaro!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm older and I remember all these songs when they were sung by the original recording artists. Guess I shouldn't compare!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
(((LORIE))) ANGIE IS NEXT.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ha ha I am with you Jag. It is almost like they cut the heart out of these people.

Angie did a real pageant girl after they criticized her and Seacrest asked what she would do with the criticism and she said keep on having fum - nonsequitar.

I think Candice suffered the least harm. I feel that Kree was good, but the build up made her a disappointment.

I just hope this is the week that Lazaro goes - too painful. I laughed when Smokey told Kree she did not need to enunciate - because seriously Lazaro does need to. People who don't speak English sing with less of an accent than Lazaro. I shouldn't say accent because it is just a blur of sound which approximate words.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Nicki's angriest alter ego came out for this critique to end all critiques, as she raged: "It's a beautiful day in Hollywood, because that's what it felt like--I felt like I was back in HOLLYWOOD WEEK! I don't know what that was, but imma pretend I didn't even see it, or hear it! Imma thank gawd that all three of you already had your solo performances. Lazaro, you fell as flat as a pancake. Don't ever do that again. All three of you, go! GET OFF THE STAGE!"

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/reality-rocks/american-idol-top-8-night-panic-detroit-023543648.html

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Nicki was over the top rude and obnoxious last night. This judging thing has gone to her head in a bad way.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone notice the twitter bumpf they put on the screen? One question last night was something like "Which idol music do you prefer?"

Country got 37%
Pop got 26%
Then Rock and R&B got about 10 each I think. (Presumably there were other styles voted for.)

That shows why the country singers always go a long way and the more R&B types get knocked out earlier than aticipated.

Nicki is a double edged sword, sometimes she says something spot on and you're happy she's there, then she'll go on and on about something that seems way off, and you wish she'd just go away. Overall I think I would rather she wasn't a judge next season. Mariah might shine more without Nicki too.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
What did the guys say to Ryan after their group song? It looked like Devin was telling off Lazaro at the end of the number with his finger up in Lazaro's chest.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As much as I hated Nicki at the beginning, I'm enjoying her more than Mariah. Poor Mariah rambles and yammers and doesn't ever get to the point. At least Nicki has an opinion and isn't afraid to express it. I thought she was absolutely right about the boys' group sing last night. They were awful and I think Lazaro forgot the lyrics. It was really dreadful.

Sadiesmom, I 100% agree with you about Lazaro. He's a so so singer, but his lyrics are so mumbled, he might as well be humming. He seriously needs to enunciate the words. He may be learning the songs phonetically rather than reading the lyrics. Either way he's awful and should not still be there. He is cute as a bug, but if he wins I'm am totally done with this show.

I thought Janelle hit it out of the park last night. She was the best I've ever heard her. Candice was good as always, Kree's been better. Amber was really awesome. For some reason she just doesn't seem to get the votes, probably because there are so many talented girls this year the vote is fragmented among them all. It's a girl's season for sure.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I think Nicki is horrible on this show. Yes, she was right about how bad those boys were, but to be that hateful and rude and order them off the stage was ridiculous. I just have a strong dislike for people who are so egotistical. Her ego is out of control. I haven't been able to like this show much, like I did previously. This addition of Nicki has pushed it over the top for me. I only watch if nothing else is on.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I would love to hear what Simon's opinion is of the judges and the show since he's left.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
My internet was down all day yesterday along with my Fox channel, so I completely missed the show. Only the second time ever, I think. However, doesn't sound like I missed much. Will watch the recap tonight.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
You missed Janelle. She was the best one last night. You missed the guys throwing each other under the bus. Lazaro should go, but he probably won't.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching tonight. The duet with Katherine McPhee was painful to watch. She looked like she was very uncomfortable with him "in her space"

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I really like Nikki as a judge

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think Nikki gets far too personal with the singers - that makes me uncomfortable.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
SO 3 guys heh. I guess Laz is lower than usual, but predict he will survive.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
bottom 3 are the remaining guys. That's how it should be. I don't care which one goes & the judges will not save them.