TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Blind Auditions!

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 4: Blind Auditions! users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 02, 2013Gurliegirl25 04-02-13  8:11 am
Archive through April 09, 2013Karuuna25 04-09-13  3:40 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I love this show, too. It wins over Idol, hands down. It just has such a happier, more positive feel to it. And, I love the judges. I love Adam and Blake bantering back and forth. And, I am surprised at how much I love Shakira. I don't know what I expected, but not this. She is very sweet and down to earth. And, they are all so positive in their talks to the contestants. The talent is so much stronger, too. I enjoy the older singers who have been at it for years.

If I tune into Idol, it seems so beneath The Voice, in every way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
ditto on what Smokey said, "If I tune into Idol, it seems so beneath The Voice, in every way."!

I just love the coaches (yep, coaches instead of judges). However, I'm really not a fan of the "mentors" on X-Factor so go figure.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Shakira is so darn cute! :-)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
conversely, it could be equally unfair to the early singers because the judges don't want to use up all their spots in case someone better comes along later.
completely loving this season! quit watching completely last season because i just couldn't stand christina and celo.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Who are Christina and Ceelo ?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It seemed pretty clear last night that those were the last auditions. The judges consistently said "I don't have any spots left" or "I have one spot left".

Can't say if any of the others were out of order, but it sure seemed to me last night was real.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
marameko, christina aguillar and celo green...the former two judges.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I agree; Shakira is so darn cute! She has become my new favorite judge/mentor. Up until now, it has always been Blake. I have always enjoyed watching Blake and Adam. I never enjoyed watching Christina. And, I abhorred the way she dressed. I kept waiting for either her boobs or her backside to fall out of some of those outfits - none of which I cared to see. Go, Shakira! Christina who?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last night Shakira did her leg up thing to copy Usher - they'd shown that before with quite a bit of the scene around it during a previous episode when they showed the fun/exciting bits coming up. I think the same might have been true of the clip Sadie mentioned where Blake said he was full, it was shown as a coming up exciting moment. I'm pretty sure everything's been shown in order.

Love Shakira! I don't know if Christina intends to come back but it would be pretty short sighted of the show to kick Shakira out, I haven't seen a single bad review of her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Apparently, from the previews for the battle rounds, Usher is a no-nonsense coach.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with Pam2uall's post about Christina. It's exactly how I feel except I was on Adam's team not Blake's.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think the thing B lake was talking about, and I have to go find it - happened on the first airing this season. He was being criticized for not turning around for someone and he said , that the show was out of order and it was near the end of the taping but was shown at the beginning - I have to stop reading so much because I have no idea where I saw it. But he was talking about the first or second show and it was this season. - It really doesn't matter though because these auditions are all taped. It might have happened again last week where Blake and Adam were the only judges to not turn around for a singer.

As to the positive - Love the audition rounds, hate the battle rounds, not too fond of the final singing rounds, but don't hate them like the battle rounds, where some mentors throw their weaker members under the bus. I am looking at you Adam.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
That was when I wrote that last night... when she copied Usher's leg thing. :-)

I've always liked the show, but was never fond of Christina or Cee Lo (either). Replacing them w/ these 2 new coaches has made this show perfect entertainment for me. :-)

Sadiesmom... I believe you that the airing order of some auditions have probably been shuffled for maximum impact. It can't be a coincidence that every hour seems to end w/ a really big voice! :-)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree. But, remember....each coach has 2 saves that he can use on members of the other coach's teams that would otherwise be ejected.

Scbarber

06-08-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scbarber a private message Print Post    
Still think Battle rounds should be against other teams. Each coach has to put someone up 'blindly', not knowing who their competitor will be.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Except the coaches decide who wins the battle rounds, so how will that work?

They'd have to have us start voting if that were the case.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the coaches fine tuning their own teams, and then going to the next round with the ones they think have the best chance of winning.

Scbarber

06-08-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scbarber a private message Print Post    
Coaches don't have to decide. If you can tweak one thing you can tweak others. Most people I talk to don't like the Battle Rounds so they skip them. Sounds like an invitation for change.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The way I always saw the battle rounds is that the coaches already knew whom they wanted to keep when they made the match-up. The battle was for show, for us.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think the battle rounds show the beginnings of working with their new students. Why shouldn't the coaches choose? It's just another level of coaches choosing, and refining their teams.

And I like how other coaches can pick someone up too.

Personally, I lose interest after the battle rounds. The voting rounds bore me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think it's fine the coaches choose. I'm just saying I think they already know who they want to keep when they make the match-up.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2013 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, yeah, because by that time they have worked with them some. So yeah, I think they do.

It was certainly more obvious with some coaches, like Adam. Blake, on the other hand, seem to pair some of his better singers together and mess himself up... LOL.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, April 13, 2013 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
As always Im in the minority. The Voice has been sort of low key for me this year. I like Christina better than Shakira-I think she gives better advice/judge. Even tho Usher is a better judge than Ceelo he seems to be a bit full of himself. Plus I enjoyed seeing the costumes that Ceelo and Christina wore each week.Maybe ill enjoy it more during the battle rounds, if I get to it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: