TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
3/27 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Result...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: 3/27 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

AI12
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 28, 2013Texasdeb25 03-28-13  5:53 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
bet the ratings drop again when it is all girls for the last 5 shows.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the ratings are still good, but not the juggernaut they used to be.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Devin is out. Oh well, the other 2 guys will go next & then the 5 gals will fight it out. I usually support a male in these kind of shows. Did they on purpose get us a bunch of guys that folks wouldn't vote for because "they" want to secure a gal winner? I don't know.

Those 5 gals are all so good. I like Angie & Cree the best because I would prob. like their music they make better than the other 3. That doesn't mean that I think they are better then the others. Who knows?

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Seriously Devin --- only one of the guys I liked. Lazaro needs to go

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Devin was really good. Wsh they had used the save. I think Niki was the only one that didn't want to use it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The ratings started out good, but they keep being topped by Duck Dynasty. Most years the auditions are highest, then they grow during the top 12/10/13 weeks as the show progresses, though they are now lower than they were in season one when it was just a summer show no one heard about and drop significantly each week. They do not win the night on results night.
Personally, I would have fixed the fact that this should be a 1 hour show for performance and 1/2 hour results - 2 hours and 1 hours is too much of a commitment for a season.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't think Duck Dynasty beats Idol. I checked last night's final ratings at www.tvbythenumbers.com and Idol had 12.33 million viewers and DD had 8.5.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think they beat them in the 18-45, but I will have to find the article that said it again to check.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
American Idol,’ ‘Modern Family’ Hit Lows Wednesday
And they're both topped on the night in young adults by A&E's hot 'Duck Dynasty'
Rick Kissell
UPDATE: A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” did claim the top spot in the 18-49 program rankings for the night, as its 10 o’clock half-hour averaged a 3.7 rating and 8.5 million viewers overall. Its adults 18-34 score (3.2) matched the combined tallies for the dramas on ABC, CBS and NBC at the time, and in men 18-34 (3.6) it doubled the combined score of the Big Three.

Fox’s “American Idol” edged up in the nationals (3.2/9), meaning that it and ABC’s “Modern Family” tied as the top broadcast show of the night in the demo.

I think this was from last week.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OH, you are talking about "as its 10 o’clock half-hour averaged a 3.7 rating". That particular time slot isn't against Idol. (eta, and still didn't even come close to idol's total viewers. But I guess the 18-49 is what counts)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
At first I thought Devin was going to be saved by the happy looks on on Randy and Mariah's faces, but then the camera showed Nikki's snotty stone grin, and I knew she went against everyone.

I don't think the guys are worth saving, but I sure thought Devin was the guy who should have stayed the longest.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The only guy I like is Brunell. I think he has a unique voice and with some good training he could be great. He's young. When he leaves, let the girls battle it out. I wouldn't care who wins.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
No, Naja, Duck Dynasty had more 18-49 age viewers than Idol that week, Idol had a higher total of all ages. The advertisers care very much about that age demo.

It is my contention that idol will have lows they have not dreamed of if they have a single sex top 5 or 4 - that only happened in season 3 which is rarely anyone's favorite season in the endless polls I have seen - only recently beaten by DeWyze's season.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think it is a crying shame that both Paul and Devin went home before Lazaro.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes.. voters got it almost right, but clearly Lazaro, who is looking more and more smug.. should be long gone.

But it was right not to save Devin. I'm pretty sure that Keith was shaking his head "no" to Randy, so I'm not sure it was only Nicki.

I enjoyed Keith's performance but it fills me with dread that we will probably be "blessed" with a Nicki performance in the future.. all the better to FF.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It looked like to me that Keith shook his head "no"

Did Nikki perform at the super bowl? I think I have seen her somewhere. If I remember correctly, I wasn't impressed.

Big Keith fan though. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, that's exactly what I said in my last post :-) That Idol got the most amount of viewers but I agreed they were beaten in the demo. And then I also said Idol and DD weren't even on at the same time. And I also said 18-49 is what they care about most. It seems like you thought I said the opposite or you are reading in sarcasm that isn't there as I type.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Edit to my post above, change "exactly what I said" said, to "what I meant". Because I can see how it could have been misconstrued. But I really wasn't using sarcasm to mean the opposite, as if they don't care about the 18-49 demographic. I hope they care about it, I'm in it...LOL

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Sorry - did not read sarcasm, sometimes I think my eyes jump over words - what ever - it is all good since we both know what we meant, even if it takes a while for me.
getting old stinks. Time to get back on the ADHD medication, I had to stop the one I was taking for years as I developed an adverse reaction to it. it keeps you focused to read all the words.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw on Facebook today that Donny Osmond said if he and his wife had a girl, she would've looked like Angie Miller from American Idol. Funny! She does sort of have the Osmond look.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, March 29, 2013 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She does kind of look like his wife.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Angie does kinda look like Donny's wife did back when they 1st got married and she does have that big toothy grin that the Osmonds are famous for.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
American Idol Hits All Time Low In Ratings – Is Nicki Minaj To Blame?

I blame the tedious length of the show now the focus on judges, the stacking of the singers so some not so great guys. the blatent manipulation, the hostility of Nicki, and singing the same songs others did.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
must learn to read - never mind

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
They'll probably blame Nicki for the ratings decline, but I still stand by my belief that she's the only quasi-honest judge on that show, even if she does focus too much on wardrobe and makeup. The read dead weight IMO is Randy and Mariah. They have needed to get rid of Randy for at least 5 years now, but he manages to hold on somehow, despite the fact that he still says the same lame things week after week that he has said since at least the second season.

I say rebuild the show around Keith and Nicki and go from there.

They also need a new set and a new Ryan. It's all so tired and needs an infuion of youth, including leaving behind music that nobody under 50 remembers being huge on the radio (i.e., the Beatles 2 weeks ago and Motown last week; while the songs are iconic, younger viewers don't as a whole know those songs and many of the Idols themselves hadn't even heard of them before they started rehearsing them).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think that the show is just getting tired. They're kind of between a rock and a hard place. Dare I say that a lot of their audience is older and so they are kind of stuck featuring "oldies" but there are only so many ways and so many people who can perform the same songs over and over without getting boring. Plus a lot of the kids on this show haven't heard these songs before. It's a good education for them but it's hard for them to relate. Plus they just haven't had exceptional talent the last few years. Plus too much judges. Four judges doesn't work. They should drop one.

I think they need to let these young people do their own thing. It's too manufactured. Too much advice (bad advice). Let them get out there and make it or break it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just saw Tishala's post. I agree!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 01, 2013 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I understand that Ryan is up for Matt lauer's job and with the declining ratings, the show can't afford his salary anymore.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you people are saying. I grew up with the Beatles, Motown, etc..I hear these kids murdering the songs and they just don't sound anything like the original recordings. I know they're supposed to make their song their own but it's getting old. The whole thing from Randy and the new Paula, aka Mariah, just bores me, including Ryan Seacrest. All the suspense on results night.
I never thought I'd say this but I'm starting to feel that way about Survivor and a few other Reality Shows. They need new people and formats. Amen!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
3 judges would be better.I do not agree at all that Idol should eliminate the older songs. They are familiar to many viewers. Many of the songs popular right now will not stand the test of time. So what if the performers don't know the old songs...many viewers don't know the new songs. Its their job to familiarize themselves with the older songs.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
There are lots of older songs - so maybe idol should expand their songbook to let people sing different ones instead of the same ones over and over.
some newer songs have been performed so that is not an issue. It is just easier to get permission to sing a song multiple artists have covered.

As I understand it, as small as the song book used to be - in the last few years, the singers only have the choice of 3 or so songs to perform,so they really do not have control over this - when they all get to choose songs it tends to be limited to under 25 for 10 or more people.

The big thing for me is the waste of time a 2 hour show is - who wants to commit to such a long show just filled with judges disagreeing? Not me - I start watching it and change during an early commercial,can't watch a whole show - too long. Also results show - back to 1/2 hour please.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
The length and comments like "Dawg this....and "Yo Dawg that" turned me off long ago and now I am totally into "The Voice". the only reason I might peek is to see Miss Mariah.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: