TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 26, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: Las Vegas: Archive through February 26, 2013 users admin

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I meant forehead!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awww, little Charlie got to stay :-) He makes me smile. I hope he can step it up for the voting shows.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
All I can say is thank goodness for Charlie because that was the only performance tonight that I enjoyed. What's with all the slow ballads and country songs. Booooooring. Same with the women though I do like Kree and Angela.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked the one country guy but they want a girl to win so maybe he was a threat, given the country fan voting bloc.

I wasn't overwhelmed tonight, that's for sure.

But I think now that Nicki is trying to be as mean as Simon, as ditzy as Paula (but without Paula's sweetness) and as un PC as Steven.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Charlie
Curtis
Devon
Elijah
Paul

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 21, 2013 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Ryan is just sporting longer hair than in the past and they have poufed it up. But I don't really know.

Loyolamom

05-10-2005

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loyolamom a private message Print Post    
Julianne Hough was on a talk show recently and she said she asked Ryan to grow his hair because she thinks he has a little head for the size of his body...lol!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I thought the girls FAR outshown the talent displayed by the boys last night. I was totally underwhelmed. I agreed with all 5 of the choices they made on girls' night, but last night was just UGH! Only ones I thought were any good were Curtis (who I don't like because he was really nasty on group night) and Devin. Charlie Askew looks totally out of his league and Elijah looked like a Bieber-wannabe (without the talent). Just pathetic.

And somebody needs to have a talk with Nicki. She's just embarrassing. In the workplace, that could be sexual harassment, but I guess they think it will help them advance to the next round. So inappropriate. Reign it in, girl!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Charlie looked about as nervous as I've seen a contestant on Idol. In fact, I'm amazed that they all aren't more visibly nervous. In any event, I loved his song choice and I enjoyed his performance far more than anyone else last night. The rest of the guys were pretty boring. Um ... except for that one guy who cross dressed. He was kind of fun but of course they didn't keep him.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Charlie was my fav last night as well. I just like him & I think the voting America will too. He's different......in a good way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I kept turning it off because the singing was not good at all compared to the girls the night before. I would switch over during commercials, but it never seemed to get much better. Hopefully, next week will have better singing.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the really good guys will sing next week. I can't wait to hear Lazaro, he's one of my favorites. Hope he makes the Top10.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just hope they sing something other than slow ballads and country music. Is it just me or is there a lot more of that this season? Also, a lot of these contestants seem to have sad backstories and their song choices seem to reflect that.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I was soo disappointed in Curtis. His song choice didn't really show how great he is. I agree that the guys next week should think more about what got them there and not try to go over the top with their song choices.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, February 22, 2013 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like Charlie, too. They need to pep it up some. Slow songs get boring over and over. I really think that what did Pia in a few seasons ago. Everyone talked about how shocked they were that she got voted out, but I wasn't at all. Slow boring songs, no matter how well they were sung. The judges told her to change it up, and she didn't.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, February 23, 2013 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought the boys were awful.I dont know any of their names but they kept some that they shouldnt have and let a couple of others go that should have stayed...but honestly I didnt think a single one was AI worthy.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think that this year they have slanted it so that there will be a female winner. They havent had one in a while. Where they are going to run into trouble is like with Sanjaya, they kept the kid on because he has that Justin Beber/bruno Mars appeal and 12 year olds will be dialing those votes in. It will lose a lot of support late in the competition.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
since I only saw 1/2 of the gals (I will watch Survivor any day to AI), I can't comment on them. Charlie was my fav of the 10 males on Thurs & I think America voters will love him. The Hispanic bieber clone will also be popular w/the teen gals if he makes it to live voting. The other 3, not so much thinking they have much chance.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't really love any of them. Charlie is cute, but he was so nervous and shaking the whole time! I just don't think he's winner material.

Nicki is turning into Paula, gushing over all the cute boys. It's just gross and unprofessional. Someone needs to have a talk with her.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
With regard to Nicki, whether someone has a girlfriend should be totally irrelevant to the competition. Her comments are pure sexual harassment. She IS NOT entertaining; she's just plain obnoxious.

The same thing goes to what they are wearing, how "beautiful" they are, etc. I wish they would judge the voice more and focus less on the fluff. But then, I forget this is American Idol, not The Voice!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Monday, February 25, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I do not like Nikki at all nor am I defending her. BUT I think maybe it is her attempt to make them feel comfortable, break the ice, etc. Maybe but still I do not like it but people do things their way. This is why I DVR so I can just forward to their singing and bypass the comments from the judges.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't watch the Voice. Who has gone on to do great things from that show?

I also thinks looks count, maybe it shouldn't but I think they want the Whole package" JMO

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
No one that I know about. The only show to produce truly successful performers so far is AI.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I don't mind the judges commenting on the appearance (ie, hairstyle or makeup) or clothing as long as it is done in a professional manner. But I do feel that it is often blatant sexual harassment and that should be stopped immediately.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I totally realize they are looking for the full package and want a trendy, well received Idol, both talent wise and visually. However, I still think Nicki crosses the line when she asks about their personal lives, like if they have a girlfriend. She doesn't ask the women if they have a boyfriend! Comments like this should jump out at people as inappropriate.....we still have a long way to go!