TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 14, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: Hollywood: Archive through February 14, 2013 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just so we don't post all season as if there were only two episodes...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did watch last night.. I think more amazing that some of the bad groups were how good some of the good groups were.

Guess we wait until next week to see the unfortunate folks stuck with Miss Murder the National Anthem.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
lol Sea. I have to say I think there is a lot of talent this year.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So when Nicki was berating one singer for "milking" his short stature, doesn't she "milk" her ridiculous outfits?, but then isn't the production each year ABOUT "milking" the various back stories?

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am really finding Nikki more and more obnoxious as this season goes on. I can't wait for her to be gone! She is rude and shallow. And, I got the feeling that several time she pushed through guys that really should NOT have gone forward but she felt they were her "pet project"!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She's pretty distracting, that's for sure.

But she has done much to "normalize" Mariah for me..

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The only good thing I can say about Nikki is that she makes Mariah look really, really good. Actually, I think Mariah has been pretty helpful and fair in her assessments. She is more mature and seems to understand being kind and gracious. Those are two qualities Nikki, thus far, has not shown!

Still loving Keith. Randy? Take him or leave him!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
To me Mariah is the epitome of arrogance and pretension. She just oozes it out. I know that she is a great singer, talent and has had enormous success but there are plenty of other talented people who don't appear that way. Then again, I agree that at other times she appears gracious and caring. A very odd mix.

I don't hate Nikki but she doesn't add much and she is a big distraction. Keith is great - couldn't be better. Randy is okay as usual.

There are some pretty mediocre ones but a few of the guys are good!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I don't hate Nicki as much as I thought I would (my husband cannot STAND her!). In the case of the short guy (sorry, can't remember his name), I feel she was right. He doesn't need to remind people he's short. We can see it. If he lets his talent shine, we'll forget about his stature and just get lost in his voice. It may have seemed harsh, but I admire her courage to give him some advice that might have been uncomfortable to bring up. She wasn't mean about it, just honest. I haven't found her to be mean. I fact, she's often much more gentle than I expect. But you've got to give her credit for not being afraid to lay out the truth that needs to be said.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I missed last night but I agree with you Babyjaxmom. Randy could be gone and I wouldn't even notice.

Jimmer I also agree with you on Mariah. I LOVED a lot of her early songs, though. Everytime I watch allshe does is pet her hair.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Mariah pets her hair? did you mean Nicki?

I have always liked Randy, don't always agree but for the most part I do.

Kieth is just plain hot.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
They both pet their hair. It really buggs me when they do that. I agree with Jimmer about Mariah...arrogant. To me it seems she always has her nose up in the air like she's better than the others. A real diva. I wouldn't want to work with her.

And I also don't mind Nicki as much as I thought I would. I almost didn't watch this year because of her, but I'm glad I still tuned in. She hits it right on the nose sometimes when the others are off base.

Keith is just a sweetheart and he knows his stuff, too. He's always nice to the singers.

Randy just fills a space.

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
I was really disappointed to see the guy let go who had a speech impediment due to a complication from his tonsillectomy. I thought he had an amazing voice. The Randy Travis song was well sung, but was not his best performance; however, I thought his whole performance package would pull him onto the next round.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love to watch Mariah rolls her eyes every time Nicki opens her mouth.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yup, I meant Mariah!

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Windowbox, I agree. I happened to look at the spoilers early on so knew he didn't make it, but thought he had a really nice voice

I expected Mariah to be worse so haven't minded her too much so far, but really dislike Nicki.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just think that the SHOW went far to emphasize that singer's stature, mentioning it often, so for Nicki to be so cutting wasn't called for. I think he just irritated her. Other singers make mention of their back stories too.

Honestly, if she just laid off on the lipstick then she wouldn't appear to be grimacing at times when I don't think she actually is.. and lay off the silly hats/costumes.. she isn't the performer (I felt the same about Demi Lovato's constantly changing and often attention getting hair styles.. if you are judging , let those being judged take the spotlight).

I'm not a huge fan of Mariah, personality-wise, so Nicki is doing her a favor, since Mariah comes off seeming closer to normal.

And Nicki seems to champion some singers who really shouldn't be there. Yes she can be honest, but how on earth could she have pushed to keep that woman who wrecked the national anthem? That wasn't singing and she was particularly obnoxious as well. If she WAS being "honest" about the wonder of this singer, then .. just wow.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I have to say I agreed with Nicki, It was beginning to sound like a pity party. I think Nicki is brutally honest at times but I often agree with her. I have never been a fan of Randy as a judge, he doesnt seem to offer much but he never did.

Keith, is yummy to look at but what I really enjoy is watching him concentrating on the performance and he seems to take the judging seriously and also is aware of how much is on the line for these contestants. He also seems to get a real kick out of Nicki.

Maria doesn't bother me as much as I thought she would.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 09, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Love Keith! It is fun to watch his face light up when someone does well, and I love to watch him sing along when he's enjoying a performance. Keith has been the surprise of the season. I never thought he'd fit in so well.

As for Nicki and Mariah, I expect them to break out in a catfight any minute. My husband still insists on calling Nicki "Mrs. Potato Head."

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I guess this show really has jumped the shark. I can't believe nobody has anything to say about last night's show. Used to be we had lots to say in this thread, but now nobody seems to care. I think it's just run its course.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
well Rolling Stone has an interesting take. I can certainly see where they are coming from:

link

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I totally beg to differ with Rolling Stone! Yikes! She is the ONE judge who I would like to see gone. I don't trust her judgement (anthem singer!) and she is so full of herself with her costumes and accents. At least if Mariah comes across as "untouchable" and "stiff" she has earned her right to an "attitude". Her success gives her more credibility. And, I love Keith and his observations and input.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Well, when you have to choose between AI & Survivor...........I'm going for Survivor every time!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I watched Survivor last night and I'll be watching this tonight. I think some people are still interested but PVR's tend to delay viewing and posting. I hardly ever watch anything "live" anymore.

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
Same here! Watched Survivor last night (first priority) and part of AI last night. Will watch the last part before tonights show.