TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XII: Part II season premiere : Archive through January 20, 2013 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
First singer is pretty good. judges all loved her.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree with those posters yesterday, Nikki needs to go.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Some likeable singers tonight but I can't say I found anyone exceptionally memorable.

Nikki and Mariah are okay though the fake English accent gets old really fast. I'm sure I'll be extremely tired of them by the end of this thing. However, Keith is a wonderful addition. I don't know why they felt they needed Nikki on the panel.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think that Nikki seems plastic.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I think Nikki has smoked herself retarded.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Keith said he thinks Nikki has been drinking catnip. LOL

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Nikki looks particularily po'd when someone says they love Mariah.

Honestly, I feel like Nikki is a joke. She is there to act, act up and get the younger crowd ratings.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nikki is so irritating.. who cares about your hat and your fake British accent ans bizarre comments? I can answer that. Not I.

And so far several of their favs have this tendendcy to kind of bleat at times.. Odd.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I LOVED when the biracial girl told Mariah how much Mariah meant to her.. Nikki looked sort of frozen.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was having the same thoughts, Sea, that it's probably bugging the crap out of Nicki when everyone fawns over Mariah. Nicki doesn't bother me as much as I thought she would. Sometimes she's kind of funny. The producers obviously brought her in to try to make this show more "relevant" to the younger viewers. We'll see how it plays out.

The boy with the stutter absolutely broke my heart. He sang beautifully. I'm glad they gave him a chance. Remember that country singer a few years ago (his name escapes me at the moment) who stuttered when he spoke, but also sang beautifully? I remember my parents watching him on Hee Haw (argh!). Speaking and singing apparently involve different areas of the brain. Speech does not come as easily for some folks as it does most of us.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 9:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Mariah has earned her stripes as a serious singer, song writer, and performer. She's a legend whereas Nikki is just cutting her teeth and using an "IN YOUR FACE" persona to become 'something'. She's a joke and, in my opinion, is a nothing to those in the industry with real talent and a real following. Yes, Mariah is a Diva, but she has a right to be. She's earned it.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
(whooshing in to tell Babyjaxmom - you're thinking of Mel Tillis)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have to say that I am really liking Keith on this. He seems really sincere when listening to the contestants. He is also more personable than what I originally imagined.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I, too, am really liking Keith. I never cared for Mariah or her singing. She just seemed to give off a "I'm all that and a bag of chips" vib. However, I am having a change of heart about her. Yes, there is the sniping with Nikki; but, I am really liking Mariah. I think she is trying really hard to be kind, as well as, constructive in her critques. Nikki, on the other hand, imo has confirmed she's not really even close to being "all that and a bag of chips".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Only been watching this in snippets because Nikki talks entirely too much. Id like to tape her mouth shut. Ive never liked Mariahs personality and listening to her music would be like nails on a chalkboard to me,but shes coming off wonderfully compared to Nikki.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
(whooshing in to tell Babyjaxmom - you're thinking of Mel Tillis)

Thank you, Reader234! I could not for the life of me remember his name!!!

Whether or not you like Mariah Carey, I think most people would have to admit she has a truly amazing voice. I mean, 5 octaves??!! Seriously?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Article in my paper was talking about how the ratings are down but the AI people are still claiming success.. and how this is partly due to the sniping.. but then the writer claims that Nikki's "scrappiness came off as far more entertaining than Carey's demure, even queenly, manner. Carey is getting a truly royal paycheck: $18 million, to Minaj's $12 million".

I would beg to disagree with whoever wrote this (the feature was "compiled" by Cindy Robers from Register news services.. so who knows).

Anyway, I agree that Nikki just won't shut up at times and seems to be trying to make things awkward, especially for Mariah. And then singer after singer comes in and fawns over Mariah :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I actually found myself laughing and enjoying both Mariah and Nikki. Always a fan of Keith and Randy too.

no singers have blown me away yet

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Yip....I watched. I've always liked Randy & I like Keith....so far. I'm really liking the addition of Mariah! I can't stand Nikki! They can get her off my TV...NOW!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have seen videos of Keith and it seems he likes to interact with his fans. It looks like he might be a hugger too, lucky Nicole! :-) I expect him to continue to be a good judge and I am also liking Mariah.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I am just not going to watch this season. Nikki Minaj is just a ridiculous addition, an unnecessary one. I wish I were going to be able to watch to see Keith Urban, but know I would change the channel as soon as NM opened her mouth. I think AI may lose some of their older viewers, but doubt they care.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Don't remember if it was mentioned above, but I read an article that said the ratings on the premier episode were down 19% from last year. That's pretty big. The articles I've read about the new judging panel are overwhelmingly negative about Nicki Minaj. I wonder if the AI producers have made a mistake or if they would even admit it?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
No they wont admit it,it might cause ppl not to tune in.Look at the addition of Britnney Spears to The X Factor.We will only know when they dont re new Nikkis contract at the end of the season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
By then I may not care. I'm close, now.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2013/01/18/nicki-minaj-american-idol-fans-arent-too-happy/

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/2013/01/18/american-idol-recap-nicki-minaj-and-mariah-carey-sharpen-their-claws-in-chicago/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw an interview of Larry King, basically wanting him to dis Piers Morgan.. he was basically saying they were just completely different people with different styles, etc. But he did say, when asked that Piers makes it more about himself than Larry every did.

Then he opined that in general, and not just interview shows, but it is becoming more and more about the host or interviewer. He has always said as an interviewer if you are talking, you aren't learning anything.

But it seems to be true.. Jeff Probst has certainly become way more intrusive and manipulative (on camera) as Survivor has evolved.

The music shows SO often are more and more about the hosts and judges, mentiors, etc. Too bad.

And the hype pre-season. Used to be we'd hear that there was this amazing 15 year old from wherever, and this really inspiring person from wherever.

Now it is all about contracts, judges fired, judges hired, judges sniping at each other, judges putting out a video and sucking up air time during the season, hosts coming and going and sucking up way too much airtime (I actually don't mean Ryan Seacrest.. he's one of the stable points on AI not that he doesn't have Simon to snipe with.. I mean like Khloe and Mario, SO not an addition to X Factor.. Yeah, Brit will be gone and LA not there to say mean things to young people just because they aren't on his team, but we still will have Demi saying stupid brattish things to Simon and apparently Khloe and Mark for me to FF through, as I do with Brooke Burke (another show where the judges are the star manipulators.. but at least they have Tom to host.. if only they could just leave that all to Tom)