TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
12/19-Top 3 finale (Singing and Resul...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor II: 12/19-Top 3 finale (Singing and Results) users admin

X-Factor 2
X-Factor (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 20, 2012Rslover25 12-20-12  6:48 pm
Archive through December 20, 2012Jimmer25 12-20-12  9:05 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Lyrics to Motorboating. It seemed like they were having a blast singing it.

Back this hitch up into the water
Untie all the cables and rope
Step onto the Astro Turf
Get yourself a Koozie, let's go

Who said anything about skiing?
Floating is all I wanna do
You can climb the ladder
Just don't rock the boat while I barbecue

On the pontoon
Making waves and catching rays up on the roof
Jumping out the back
Don't act like you don't want to

Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mmm, motorboating

Reach your hand down into the cooler
Don't drink it if the mountains aren't blue
Try to keep it steady
As you recline on your black inner tube

On the pontoon
Jumping out the back

Party in slow motion
Out here in the open
Mmm, motorboating

5 mile an hour with aluminum sides
Wood paneling with a water slide
Can't beat the heat, so let's take a ride

On the pontoon
Jumping out the back

Party in slow motion
I'm out here in the open
Mmm, motorboating

On the pontoon
On the pontoon
Back this hitch out into the water
On the pontoon

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Lambert was on Nashville star.Then I will have to alter my statement to Did you ever hear about any guy that was on Nashville star?

As far as AGT - Terry Fator still is appearing in Las Vegas, so I guess his contract was renewed.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
NASHVILLE STAR: WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sigh. I got to the announcement and killed what little was left of the recording.

I think Carly was thrown under the bus being stuck with Leann Rimes.. heck they could have had her sing country all season and she probably could have won. But not with Leann.

LOL about motorboating.. did you google the term?

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I too will give it one more chance, but I won't go even as far as one more winner, for me if one more country singer makes top 10, I am done.

Tate would not have won if it was final 2, was designed for him to win in my opinion, if it was final 2 Carly would have gotten votes that went to girl group. I am sick of these shows manipulating the voters, with crap like, final songs with stars, sappy woe is me story lines, and plus I am a bitter betty because I detest country, country singers and anything country.

I won't allow it in my house, wouldn't allow my kids to listen to it, I mute when country singers are on x factor or american idol. I hate it so much I should probably see someone to get to the root of my deep deep hate for country, it really is irrational. Honestly, when I hear that someone likes country music, my opinion of them and their intelligence drops way down, now that is not right and I know it, but there it is. Being brutally honest here, with everyone and myself, this isn't right, I better give my head a shake eh. My anger at yet another country performer winning kind of scared me. Guess it is really past time that I step away from these shows or find out where all this anger comes from, I don't think it is healthy.

Monkou

05-09-2011

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Monkou a private message Print Post    
I still think that Carly is too young and I agree with Kitt about some of the songs that she sung and the faces she made. She has a lot of growing and maturing to do yet. I thought that the girls should have won because to me they were the most marketable. I am sure Simon will promote them too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it's pretty hard to sing with enthusiasm and emotion without some facial expression. Sometimes it bothers me as well with really young singers but Carly acts so mature and self assured and her voice is so exceptional that it didn't bother me with her. Hopefully she will continue to be successful and only get better with age.

Llkoolaid made a very good point about the final three format favoring Tate. I hadn't thought of that but if it was a final two then it likely would have gone to Carly. Plus singing that duet with LeAnn Rimes didn't do her any favors. I wonder why Britney didn't sing with her? Carly has such a strong voice as a thirteen year old maybe some performers were reluctant to take on singing a duet with her?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LeAnn Rimes fires back after 'X Factor' drunk-duet accusations
By Christie D'Zurilla
December 20, 2012, 2:01 p.m.

LeAnn Rimes fired back via Twitter on Thursday after online chatter overnight and early in the day accused her of being drunk Wednesday night during a duet with 13-year-old contestant Carly Rose Sonenclar on "The X Factor."

"In my 18 years of performing, I have never been anything but professional onstage. It is a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly, a very talented young girl," Rimes wrote via TwitLonger.

<more at link>

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/gossip/la-et-mg-leann-rimes-x-factor-drunk-duet-rumors-20121220,0,7511923.story

----------------------------------

I just watched it again and wow was that a hot mess by LeAnn. It was worse than I remembered.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Shouldn't there be a statute of limitations on how long we get to pick on LeAnn Rimes for falling in love with a married man? I do not approve of adultry and realize that a family was broken up in this mess, but Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife says that he is a serial cheater and LeAnn was, by far, not the first. Why hasn't he been the recipiant of all this vitriol? LeAnn is very talented and has been through hell over this mess. With Eddie's history, LeAnn might not have a happy ending here. I did not think she appeared drunk at all. I just think the duet was a poor match-up. Blame the producers for that.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Llkoolaid, I feel the same way about rap - hate it, won't watch or listen to it, don't get it and don't consider it music in the first place. New country leaves me cold, but I can listen to some of the old stuff like Patsy Kline and Merle Haggard. (not my favorite genre, but I don't mind it.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The funny thing is I didn't even recall LeAnn's affair with a married man until you mentioned it (and now only vaguely). I liked her when she was young and I haven't heard much about her recently.

I have no idea if she was intoxicated, having some other issue, nervous or over excited or if that is just the way she is all the time now. She just didn't appear too stable to me and the whole thing didn't work as well as I would have hoped. Which is a shame.

On the other hand, getting Demi to sing with 5th Harmony was brilliant on Simon's part. He pulled out all his tricks to try to get them farther in the competition. And Demi did well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hummingbird, I have no idea what you're talking about with Leann, I don't follow country or gossip pages, but I certainly thought she sounded drunk or something, I even mentioned it here.

((Llkoolaid)), deep breaths hon! I kind of understand why and if I was bombarded with country I might feel more like you, thankfully I just very rarely hear it. And surprisingly I'm finding Nashville (the tv show) very watchable!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Seriously? Seriously?? You haven't heard about the Rimes/Cibrian/Glanville mess? It's been everywhere. I don't know how anyone could miss it unless they have no access to any media. LeAnn has been the recipiant of a lot of hate over all this.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Oh Hummingbird,I couldnt agree more. The girl has gotten a bad wrap for more than most ppl in the same situation. Look at Claire Danes-she cheated with a married man (Billy Crudup) and the wife was 9 months pregnant (Parker Posey). You never really heard anything about her being a home wrecker.When I saw The Leeann Rimes was drunk headlines, I thought I wish "they" would lay off that girl. Enough is enough.Always about her being too skinny,mentally unstable and a home wrecker.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I honestly hadn't heard. It's weird how I can miss out on something like that. I'm usually pretty in tune with current events and pop culture.

Nothing against her from me, but given how people feel, she was a terrible choice for a duet with Carly. What was Britney thinking.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I do remember her and Eddie Cibrian (mostly because he is rather good looking) but I had no idea it was still a drama, the thing I'm remembering was a year or probably two ago (photos in a restaurant??). I guess when I hear names I'm not familiar with (Glanville??) or interested in (Leann) I don't pay much attention.

Anyway, Leann was far from her best with Carly on Monday, that was evident, and I do think it might have affected Carly's votes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link to Nashville stars. I thought it went off the air because most of it's winners did not make it. Nice to know they have had some success.

I was not impressed by Tate;s voice, And I do think that girl is just too young to give up so much now.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Llkoolaid, I know everyone is coddling you at the moment, but yeah, there is something wrong if you hate someone that deeply or judge their intelligence because they enjoy a type of music that you dislike. It's not ok. I really hope you can work this out.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Kitt, Brandi Glanville is now one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, the only Real Housewives show I can stand to watch. It's actually pretty good. I remember Eddie Cibrian from Third Watch - very good looking man.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
I don't see anyone coddling me, I was very honest and harsh on myself. I also don't hate anyone, I hate country music, when I hear it I want to smash something, I know it is wrong, and I have an idea where it comes from. My father would beat the crap out of us if we made a peep when his country music was on, he would go outside and if one of us turned it off or down, wheh he came back in, he would beat the crap out of us. He was very physically abusive. I got a funny feeling it just might come from that.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Jazz does that to me Llkoolaid, not the bluesy jazz the other kind. I want to bang my head against a wall when I hear it.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Lkoolaid, I get it. I had an abusive father who loved Fig Newtons and they were the only cookies we ever had in the house. I hate freakin' Fig Newtons to this day. Funny no one jumped me for hating rap.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Friday, December 21, 2012 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Thanks Hummingbird , you get it, I hate what it does to me, I have gotten past most of it but this is one trigger that still gets me.

On a more positive note, I was amazed at how well Carley Rose took the loss. You could tell her heart was broken but she put on a smile, congratulated Tate and kept herself together. I remember Rachel and Drew last year just falling apart when they got kicked off, and also Beatrice had a hard time this year. Both Diamond and Carley Rose were very strong, I see a bright future for both of them.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree. Here are some tweets from Carly after Tate won.

You are amazing @Tatestevensctry! You deserve this! Congrats #Tatenation!

I am the luckiest girl in the world to have the most amazing family, friends, and fans! Thank you so much #carlysangels!

I love you @britneyspears! Thank you for everything!!!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Do I ever get it Ll. I could have written those first two sentences in your last post.

We'll have to wait and see if this country dude does anything with this huge break. Carrie Underwood certainly made it big and even Kellie Pickler has a so-so career. The girls seem to do better. The jury is still out on Scottie.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Update on Scotty. First album, clear as day, debuted at no 1 on the Billboard chart. He was the first country singer and the youngest male singer to accomplish this. The album went platinum.
In 2011
Teen choice awards. Nominated breakout artist
American country awards. Won new artist

In 2012
Academy of country music awards. Won best new artist
Billboard music awards. Nominated top new artist
Nominated top country album
CMT music awards. Won. USA breakthrough voice of the year

MusicRow awards. Nominated breakout artist

Teen choice awards nominated choice male country
Nominated choice TV male reality star

I realize this is very early in his career and only time will tell his staying power but I will say he is off to a great start.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: