TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
12/12 - Top 4 (Singing & Results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: X-Factor II: 12/12 - Top 4 (Singing & Results) users admin

X-Factor 2
X-Factor (on FOX)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Anyone know what genre they will be singing this week? Unless Carly and Tate have a monumental disaster is it a lock that one of the groups is going this week?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't know what genre. I agree, a group will go home this wk & it will prob be that girl group. IMO, the gal group will have to pull something out that they don't have to stay.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've only watched the first four performances (they have two each). So far, Tate and Carly have performed well. It's amazing what Carly can do with a song. However, both groups have really picked it up and did very well.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
My guess is 5th Harmony will be leaving. I decided I can't stand Demi.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought the first performance by the girl group was as good as any Spice Girls performance or any of the managed groups like that. Unfortunately they put all their energy into that and the second song was just ok.

I think Tate should go, but given that he won't, I think it will be Emblem 3. Before last night I'd have said Fifth Harmony.

It's funny about Demi, during the mentoring I thought she was really good and I liked her a lot. Straight away it started with the judging though she annoyed me and now I'd just rather she didn't say anything.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched a few of the singers yesterday. Emblem 3 singing Hey Jude was just horrible to me. I am not really sure why, but it just seemed so wrong to me.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
5th Harmony safe!

Maybe the Hispanics voted in full force when they started singing in Spanish??

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Tate safe.

Emblem 3 out! Carley safe!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought they were horrible last night. Glad they left.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit surprised that Emblem3 is out but I'm very glad that Carly made it through! They may have left her to the end to try to get her fans motivated for next week. I think she represents what the show is all about.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Poor girl looked so nervous too. While confident, she seems very humble.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
hal and lula those 3 are gone

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
LA Reid has announced he won't be back next season . . so glad - he is rude and arrogant.

I'm in the minority but I was hoping Emblem 3 would make it to the end. I've always had a thing for boy bands! My fingers are crossed for a Carley Rose win. It is so hard to believe she is only 13. So talented!!

The best part of last night's show was Britney's facial expressions when it was announced Fifth Harmony was safe.

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
Gldnlvr, I know! I had to rewind and watch again to make sure I saw that right!
She really needs to learn to control that. I remember thinking during the auditions that her facial expressions were awful. Then I didn't see it too much during the live shows until last night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Britney's expression was hilarious. Certainly not a poker face.

I was pretty surprised that Emblem 3 didn't go through instead of Fifth Harmony. I thought that they had stepped it up pretty good though Fifth Harmony has been doing better as well. No where close to Carly though.

I won't miss LA much though I found him much better this season than he was in the first season.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Les Miserable fans and Carly fans will enjoy this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRTA9wEsIUQ&feature=player_embedded

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Simon has a problem keeping judges.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I won't miss LA too much unless they go the direction Am Idol has been going..

I do get tired of Tate saying that if he doesn't win, he must go back to his day job. Pfft! I think Simon sort of alluded to that, he won't be going back. But sort of the sympathy thing he is playing makes me vote more for Carly.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I agree that Britney's facial expesions when they said 5th Harmony was safe, was priceless! I'm ok with LA going away. I do want to see more of Britney & I'm ok w/Demi.

I, too thought Emblem 3 would be in the finals instead of 5th Harmony. I noticed that they didn't say the order or give us a clue who came in #1,#2, & #3. I was sweating it right along with Carley & her folks when it was only her & Emblem 3 left & one would be going home. I would bet that she was #1 & they did this for drama & to make her fans sweat a little so they will vote for her next wk. Her & Tate have shared the #1 & #2 spots since fan voting started.

Don't get me wrong, I think that 5th Harmony have turned out to be an amazing girl group! It's hard to believe that the show put this group together. I would like to see them stay together & Simon put his money where his mouth is & continue to guide them to the status that they could become.

I think that Carley would benefit the most from a win over Tate. He will do very well because country fans are loyal. Carley might have a harder road ahead of her if she comes in 2nd or 3rd.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Friday, December 14, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Carley is my favorite. But, in a way, I hope she doesn't win. What is a 13 year old girl going to do with 5 million dollars? In answering myself, I realize she could do a lot with it: some great things, and some not so great things. I do think she has a great career ahead of her. My only negative thought is this right now is just too much, too soon. (Britney, Lindsey, Miley come to mind).

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
It's one million dollars annually for 5 yrs, so it's about 600k. Carley would have money for college, investments, and to do something for her parents and brother, would be my best guess. She seems like a level-headed kid with a good family. I would be surprised if she ended up like the aforementioned.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Sunday, December 16, 2012 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I imagine that Tate has seen how some of these shows go. The winner always makes money, even if they do not become big stars. But the runner up is hit or miss. Some do alright, some hit it big and some just disappear. He probably has that fear that if he does not win it all, he will have to go back to his old life. I hope Simon's comment reassured him.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
My fav is Carley Rose but Tate is a very good singer and I wouldn't mind him winning.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't usually vote in these kind of shows. I can't be upset if I don't vote & my fav doesn't win. That being said, if folks are wanting a Carley win, they better vote! The country fans are going to vote until their fingers bleed for Tate. I'm thinking the teens were splitting their voting for 5th Harmony & Emblem 3.

Carley Rose will not win unless her fans finally start voting!

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, December 20, 2012 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
Perhaps there are more country music fans out there than a lot of people realize. A lot of people don't really consider country music as a legitimate genre of music, kind of second class, but there are a lot of people who like it as country music sales show.

Perhaps if the producers of the talent shows took notice of this and put more country singers in the shows, they would not run the risk of split votes for the other singers. If a country singer is really good, and let's face it they have to be really really good to get into the competition at all, the country music fans are going to vote for them just like the pop fans vote for the pop singers. When they ignore a large portion of the audience, they should not be surprised at the outcome.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: