TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 09, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 3: Preliminary Rounds: Archive through October 09, 2012 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
...started last night. 16 per team. apparently they can "use/steal" other judges singers or something like that. not sure of details.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lots of good singers last night. It sounded like if they thought the judge wasn't doing the best for their singer they could steal them. I wonder if it's if they come in the bottom three when it gets to the voting stage... maybe one goes home and the other two can be stolen, or something like that.

There's another hour tonight at 8pm.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Simon Cowell was on Ellen today talking about how ticked off he is that The Voice added a third show this week at the last minute so it would air during the premiere of X-Factor. He says he thinks it will backfire. We'll see soon enough I guess. X-Factor starts tomorrow.

He said they purposely picked the days so the two shows wouldn't conflict and everyone could watch both. But then The Voice decided to do everything to keep people from tuning into the premiere night of X-Factor.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I've never seen X-factor, but I love the voice. Isn't the X Factor pretty much the same as America's Got Talent or American Idol, just with a different name?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's more like The Voice in that the judges are also their coaches.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think The Voice loses that battle. If it was the first night or maybe even the second there might be a reason to choose them, but three nights in a row?! I'm ready for something different, particularly as X-Factor has got Britney Spears and Demi Lovato now.

Escapee, X-Factor is all singers, but they have groups too.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently this is Christina's last season.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Christina seems more warm and fuzzy this season. I do like the early rounds of the Voice better when they have to turn their chairs. The banter is pretty natural now that they know each other well. I suspect people will turn into X-Factor to see Britney, but I never got into the X-Factor at all last year. I watched every show of the Voice though.

Does anyone think that we are being overly saturated with voice and talent shows anymore? It seems like every time I turn on the TV, there's a new one...

Besides, I would pick Adam Levine, Ceelo and Blake Sheldon over Simon, Britney, Demi and LA on any day of the week.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I prefer the audition rounds as well. I might even prefer it if they never showed the singer to the mentors, that they always had to wear a blindfold when talking to them, heh.

I really dislike the "battle" round and am not to fond of the elimination rounds at the end.

I think the reason there is no great following for these people is because you don't get to know them slowly and form any attachment to them, This is where Idol has it over the other shows.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. I love the audition rounds and the chair turning and trying to convince the person to ask them to mentor them. Then it totally falls apart for me during the battle rounds.

I didn't like the X-Factor at all last year. I thought it was a ridiculously over produced ego driven show with terrible judging and an unsuitable host who never had control. However, I will watch the premiere as I'm curious about how Britney and Demi will work as judges/mentors.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I don't like the battle rounds at all. Amazing singers end up going home because they are put up against amazing singers and okay singers are put up against just another okay singer. The logic in that is flawed and, in my opinion, does not produce 'The Voice'. :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's another funny thing about this show. Considering it is called "The Voice" and their main shtick is that it all about "the voice", I don't get the big production numbers and all the flashy stuff later in the show. Sure it's okay to have some and it's not as over the top as X-Factor but it seems like an awful lot of flash and dance for a show called "The Voice".

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I like the concept of the Voice but am sick to death of hearing all the sad stories before we get to hear them sing. It contradicts the very premise of the show, IMO. Even though the judges might not hear the stories, it does influence the voters right from the beginning.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I absolutely agree. It is supposed to be about "the voice" not all this other stuff.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 4:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
it's the voice with the saddest story show

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 13, 2012 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
a lot of this is about the first winner of this Voice.
Singing shows shift focus to judges

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
I heard that Usher and Shakira will be the new judges replacing Ceelo and Christina. I love Usher and think he will be fabulous!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I sort of heard that as well but not much more. How did that come about and when is the change happening? The judges on these shows are like a revolving door.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the show is now going to be on twice a year (wearing out it's welcome?)
Christina is going to put out a new album and tour. Not sure about Cee-lo

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Sadie: that's what killed SYTYCD.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - It's slowly coming to me. They're going to have a fall and spring season and Usher and Shakira will be on the spring season?

Anastasiab

09-24-2011

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Anastasiab a private message Print Post    
During the Battle Rounds is when a coach can steal a singer, this way you will get to keep some of the amazing singers.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I really like this show. I love how they critique the ones that they don't turn around for in a very nice way with positive feedback. Not a big fan of the sappy pre-stories though.

I tuned into the X-Factor due to all the hype with the new judges. I don't care for some of the negativity and meanness, so will stick with the Voice

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Renewed for 2 more seasons.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, October 09, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
We got to see how the whole steal thing works last night & I like it. When the coach picks his winner of the duo (duet) the remaining person can go to another coach if they want that person. If more than 1 of the other 3 coaches wants the left over person, that person gets to choose which new coach they want. I think ea of the 4 coaches get to steal 2 folks for their team throughout the duo part of the comp. It keeps really good folks from going home in this round.