TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/22 - Finale (Singing and Results): Archive through May 24, 2012 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was happy with Phillip winning. I always enjoyed his performances. The finale show was pretty good. Love Aerosmith!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming you mean Jessica doesn't know who she is yet?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
On "The View" today, they showed a video from 6 years ago of Whoopi introducing 10 year old Jessica on stage at the Apollo Theater. So Jessica apparently has been singing in front of huge crowds for a long time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I say it again...windup doll.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I did mean Jessica. She covers other singers beautifully, but where is her own style? She hasn't found it yet. P2 is an original. I was also impressed by his humility. I saw The View also. They made light of Phillip's win - said it was because young girls think he is cute.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was reading on People.com that Phillip has had 8 operations during the run of American Idol. All that going on and he still performed so well. I can't wait to see him at 100%.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, I thought he was adorable last night after he won. Got so choked up that he couldn't sing the 2nd half of the song.... then, calmly walked down to hug his parents and family. I teared up at that.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
You're quite welcome, Egbok!

It doesn't matter who wins. I really haven't heard much of the past 4 winners..are they successful? I haven't paid attention. I'm thinking Jessica will have more success than Philip.

Look @ Jordan, Katherine McPhee and Clay Aikens. They are more successful than the peeps who won their year.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I thought Jordan won. Clay has done well on Broadway which is what he is a good Broadway performer. I have no idea what McPhee is doing other than she just got a sitcom. Daughtry has done very well and so have Jennifer Hudson. they both should have won their years.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
AT first I liked the Ace/Diana proposal but thinking on it later, I thought it was a little cheesy and should have been done on an earlier show. Wasn't fair to steal some of the season 11 people's thunder. They both had their years already.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Jordan did win and has done well. Casey James has opened for Sugarland and has played along side Alan Jackson. McPhee hadn't done much until this sitcom. Kelly Pickler has also done well. Jennifer Hudson hasn't done much with her music since Dream Girls. Maybe with the weight issue and her family trial behind her she can get on with her music. I think a lot of the AI contestants have careers in the music industry, just not too many of them super stars. Everyone can't be a star.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I also thought the proposal was cheesy and cheap (mentioning the jeweler!) My first thought was, what a way to try and steal these people's thunder. I also agree with whoever said he looked like he could use a shower. Not impressed.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Jordan won? Oh..sorry...I don't know why I thought she was runner up. Probably because she was my favorite and they never win, lol. McPhee has been around on shows for awhile before her sitcom, Smash, which was a smash.

Last year's runner up, Lauren, has also opened for Sugarland.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Scotty McCreery (last year's winner) has done very well in the C&W side. Adam Lambert debuted at #1 on the Billboard charts with his new album "Trespasses" this week. Kris Allen is also releasing a new album. (By the way, I heard this morning that Adam Lambert made history as the first openly gay artist to have an album debut at #1 on the Billboard charts...other gay artists have had #1 hits but not after they "came out" so to speak...not sure how accurate that is but thought it was interesting!).

Of course, Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood are in a class by themselves as Idol alums.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Apparently Phillip had EIGHT separate surgeries during the season! His dad says he was working at 50%.

Sounds like the surgeries were all to remove kidney stones and the upcoming operation is to "reconstruct" his kidneys. Recovery should be two to four weeks.

http://tinyurl.com/cpfbtqx
link is to people.com.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch so can't really comment other than to say...

I don't think anyone younger than 18 should be on these shows. I don't think it's believable when a 16 year old sings about a broken heart or love or whatever. Like, really? Shouldn't you be thinking about when you can grow into your next bra size or something? I don't care if a child has been performing his or her whole life, it's the life experiences of a singer that form who they are and how they sing and how they relate to their audience.

Of course, if the audience is made up of teenagers, then all bets are off! But last I heard, AI wasn't aiming for the teen market. And honestly, I have way more disposable income than a 15 year old (as evidence by the fact that I've bought both of Lambert's albums the second they hit the shelves!).

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
What about Elton John? Was he not openly gay or did he not debut at #1? If he wasn't openly gay, everyone knew it anyway.

Idol winners whose careers hit the skids after a brief moment in the spotlight: Taylor Hicks, Reuben Studdard, Fantasia Barrino, Kris Allen.

Diana D. looked so much prettier than I remember her. I wish them well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Elton John didn't come out until the late 80s. He was married (to a woman) at least once, I think it was twice. I guess his big albums came before that.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Diana D. was just a kid when she was on AI. She's grown up now. She IS very attractive. Wasn't Ace on a season some time after Diana? I remember it was Diana/Fantasia season 3 F2. I believe that he was maybe in season 5. I would be interested in knowing how they met, fell in love, etc........

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
They met while they were both on Broadway doing Hair. You're right, she was season 3 and he was season 5. People.com has a picture of the ring. It is very pretty. Wasn't she a blonde back then?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
thought the engagement looked cheezy and fake. it seemed a little rehearsed and like they were both acting parts. Anyone else notice Diana whip a ring off of that finger to put the NEW one on??

i think most people, if truly shocked and nervous, would have forgotten they already HAD one on.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
OMG i finally watched the show. Fantasia Hollaring. that other lady with Jessica having a hollaring contest and what was with the weird movements and contorted faces???

jessica seemed to be mimicking the lady.

Felt sorry for jimmy constantly calling jennifer jessica.... his daughters name. she kinda looked PO'd.

OMG how did deandre get into the top ten?? he ruined every song...so out of tune and that falsetto was horrific.

john fogarty was in his own rhythm and his voice did NOT blend well with phillip. kudos to Philip for watching for the cues.

LOL at the guys singing with Neil Diamond. Deandre and Colton making faces at each other afterwards seemed a little disrespectful. Neil's voice may not be strong anymore but those kids should have shown some respect just for his Songwriting skills alone.

i think they didnt even know who he was. they looked blank faced.

reba and skylar were great.

anyways, my mind is blank. I thought the phone book skit was funny.

glad the season is over, glad the puppet didnt win. Jessica can sing but its like listening to an impersonator. she did whitney perfectly

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
how could i forget to comment on Fantasia's outfit??

the camera tried to maintain a good angle but OMG when she suddenly turned and we saw the Full cellulite behind in the skin tight lyrca, i gasped.

WHO dressed her?? omg what is she going to do when she sees how big and rolly she looked on tv??

chaka kahn at least had long slim legs and a good girdle. She looked great for her age

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, I read one article where the writer commented that Jennifer looked like she was going to eat Jessica while singing that song. LOL

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Chaka kahn has lost weight but was not dressed appropriately to show it. She does not look good enough to wear a skin-tight body suit. You could see where the Spanx were pulling her in. She could have looked so much better in something else.

Fantasia was a mess.

Jennifer Holliday's facial contortions and look at the end of that song screamed, You're going to love me or I'm going to kill you. And Jessica was, as usual mimicing the original.

The guys were just awful in the Robin Gibb tribute until Joshua saved it.

Reba and Skylar were awesome.

Aerosmith rocked!

I don't even remember Jessica's new song, while I can't get Phillip's beautiful song out of my head. Every woman who has been displaced from her home could identify with her man comforting her with those beautiful words. I felt like he was singing to me.