TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/22 - Finale (Singing and Results): Archive through May 23, 2012 users admin

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
He was not the best at all. No voice. He should have left long ago to tend to his health problems.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'll have the tissues ready!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Dfng, he has kidney stones. He had a stent put in early in the competition but needs a more major surgery. He has been in pain through much of his time on Idol.

Dfng

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfng a private message Print Post    
thanks Mak - didn't know that. Wow - now I'm really impressed with him to do as well as he did with that kind of pain.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Phillip's hometown has been having a fundraiser every Wednesday to raise money for his family to be able to travel to the show tonight. No wonder he got so emotional! The link is to tmz.com.

tmz.com

From the story: "According to sources, it costs about $3,000 to fly out Phillip's family from Leesburg, GA to Los Angeles -- and the Phillipses simply can't afford to make the trip ... despite their son making it to the finals.

But the good citizens of Leesburg, GA have trying their best to help out ... throwing fundraisers every Wednesday -- where at least 15 merchants donate a percentage of their profits from that day ... to help the family make the trip to tinseltown."

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
pretty pathetic that Jennifer, Steven and Randy with all their bucks couldnt fork over $3k for a finalist's family to go to LA. I find it pretty disgusting.

Cruzlvr

11-12-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cruzlvr a private message Print Post    
Never mind those three, What about American Idol forking over the money for the families of the final 2 to attend. That is what is disgusting. !!!!!!!!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Hooray for Phillip! Enjoyed Aerosmith but, oh m'goodness, the Jennifer Holliday/Jessica screamfest was awful! I thought the woman was going to shake her wig off. Save me from ever looking at that again!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's more important to have 100 million dollar profit, than a 99.9999999997 million dollar profit.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Fox, 19Entertainment, sponsors...They all make so much off these kids, the least they could do is to take care of their families for the finals. I'm sure the hometowns and fans are happy to support their Idol, but they shouldn't have to.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
How come J-Lo's pants had a low crotch of extra fabric that looked like she had a full load? Kind of like an elephant who went on the Biggest Loser and had extra drooping thigh skin left at the end of its weight loss! Ugh!
Glad for Phillip, although I also liked Jessica and really loved Joshua. Any of them would have been good for me. I didn't really dislike anyone too much, except for Skylar, Deondre, Elise...oh, I guess I didn't really care for some of them! I did like the final three, however.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
P.S. Since I'm in Maryland for my nephew's graduation from Annapolis, I get to watch with the east coasters and no one has to spoil for me :-)

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Who the heck is Jennifer Halliday, I have never heard of her.

I kinda of felt bad for Jessica, she has such a great voice and talent wise she has it over Phillip. I wonder what it is about her that people don't like, she seems like a very hard working drivin nice young lady to me. Phillip is much more laid back and he is good but to me and my opinion only he can't hold a candle to Jessica voice wise.

I guess I will never understand these "reality" talent shows. Someone last night in the dancing with the stars thread posted after my whining about the sucky results, that it was whoever had the biggest fan base or popularity and you win.

My two favorites were Colton and Holly because I like the tone of their voices, Jessica was not my favorite but I do think she has the best voice, glad I am Canadian and can't vote, because I would have to choose between voting for my favorites and voting for what I think is right.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I've seen the families of P2 and Jessica there every week and Joshua's was there till last week.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
That was me that posted last night on DWTS..P2 had all the young teenie boppers voting for crazy for him plus other ages, but he got the majority of teeners votes. If that happens you win.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Who is singing with Joshua?

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
My problem with Jessica is that she comes across as practiced and unemotional to me. I think this is due to her immaturity and inexperience. I believe she has an amazing career ahead of her but I think she is too young to be the whole package.

Phillip was not my favorite in the early days but as the weeks have progress I give him props for his originality, and having a musical identity. He has a unique talent and I definitely would buy his album.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Never mind.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Josh sang with Fantasia.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Thank you. I went up farther in this thread and saw that. I think I will just keep my mouth shut.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Love Phillips new single. I'm with whoever it was earlier who doesn't like Neil Diamond. Can't stand him. He just married again to someone half his age. Don't get it.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Lol Lazylu, I think I can read your mind.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
LOL Well, my mind is all I left, my ears and eyes are bleeding.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I liked Jordan and Holly

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Me too, they sounded great together, looked wonderful, two beautiful girls.