TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/16 - Top 3 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 21, 2012 users admin

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Colton was my favorite. Then Hollie, and then Phillip. Get rid of the save next year. The judges get to pick who is in the top 24, that should be enough. Let the voters decide the rest. Hate the save.

Go Phillip!!!

Donsgirl

08-01-2005

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Donsgirl a private message Print Post    
I didnt care for Colton but would have liked for him to be around for final 2. My favorites were gone. Not a fan of Jessica because of her age, she has lots of growing to do. I am not a prude but young girls should be covered up more. Then again the last ones standing usually fade away. Will probably not hear a Jessica or Phillip song on radio or not for long.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I, for one, am not bored by the white boy with the guitar. There is something about him that I love. I am a big Dave Matthews fan and he does sound like him but he's so into it when he's performing, it just makes me smile. I will buy his cds and I will go and see him and I know so many people who feel the same way.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
totally agree with what Mamie said...

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I for one, have always liked the uniqueness of the boy with his guitar. He has charm and individuality.

( I do kind of react negatively, however, when he is described as the WHITE boy....) We certainly don't refer to the BLACk screecher or the ASIAN perfect female singer. Just sayin'......

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
BabyJ (sorry to shorten your name) :-) "we wouldn't be stuck with a singing stick and yet ANOTHER white boy with a guitar. Don't even think I can watch the finale this year. I'm just sick. Ugh!!!". Agree!

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
.....ok then (any) boy with no soul with a guitar. White was not ment in race or colour definition. Do u forgive us?

Trini

07-06-2004

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
By the way I bought 15 songs by Johsua since his elimination. Cannot wait for his album.... hurry up Jimmy L.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Life's to short....forgiveness always! I'm just overly sensitive as I have a very multi-ethnic family and we deal with "stereotyping" a lot. I probably notice it more than most.

LOL at "singing stick"!

Eroica

07-28-2005

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Just read this on TMZ...Sure hope everything will be fine for him.

Phillip Phillips -- one of the finalists on "American Idol" -- has been URGED by his personal doctor to get surgery immediately ... but Phillip wants to work through the pain and the risk so he can win next week.

Multiple "Idol" sources tell us ... when Phillip went back home to Georgia last Saturday ... his family doctor spent almost the entire stay by his side and was alarmed by what he saw -- Phillip wasn't eating and looked horrible.

Phillip suffers from severe kidney problems and at the beginning of the competition it got so bad he had a stent put in as a temporary fix until he could have surgery. But the condition has worsened and Phillip's doc told him he needed surgery now. Phillip said he was not going to drop out of the show so the doctor told him he ABSOLUTELY had to go under the knife immediately after the finale.

We're told the recovery time for the surgery is at least 6 weeks.

Phillip's condition is taking its toll -- we're told the medication causes dry mouth, and it's had some impact on his singing.

Phillip has also missed some of the field productions that are shot for the show -- including the Ford commercials. Our "Idol" sources tell us they felt that making him go on location for these shoots were just too taxing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I noticed Phillip wasn't in that Ford commerical last night, it was just Joshua and Jessica doing that jail break skit. It feels like a lot of them want to say something but he hasn't given them permission to, Jennifer always seems on the brink and Ryan notes he's been ill and kind of pauses hoping Phillip will expand on it.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Why would someone and his family choose AI over his health? That is really stupid. Where are his parents in guiding him and telling him that his health is more important than winning a stupid show? He could be impaired permanently or even die. If he has kidney problems he could be on dialysis for the rest of his life or need a transplant. Of course, he is 21 and can make his own decisions. It's horrible. I wish him only good health and long life.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I really don't understand the Jessica hatred. I think she is incredibly talented. Certainly the best I have heard on this show. I really wonder what it is that make the people here dislike her so much. Funny, I don't hear that anywhere else.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I don't blame him for not saying anything. Then, if he wins, he'd have to live with "he got the pity card win". As to anyone talking about it, well they shouldn't as it's illegal.

That said, if he's that ill, it's really stoopid to continue on and I'm surprised the producers would let him. Then again, it's likely they know and TMZ is making more to do than they need to.

As for Jessica, I haven't watched this season but she's been all over my (local) news. From what I've seen, she can sing really great. I don't know about a connection to the audience. Especially since I have a real hard time connecting with a 16 year old singer (really, heartbreak and love? really?).

But since I've avoided this show, I don't know how anyone sounds other than Jessica in the snippets I've heard.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think someone alluded to this earlier but I would liken Jessica to Pia from a past season. Very good voice but zip on the personality. I always get the vibe from Jessica that she deserves this. There is no humility. She's not a full blown diva but could be very easily. Plus, she was voted off by America and then "saved" by the judges. Unfortunately JLo and company did a very uncomfortable save. Way out of line in my book. I wish that they had let Jessica go then and we would have a totally different vibe right now. Colton was a big favorite and Skylar had a presence that people were drawn to.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just so you know, I only called PP a "white guy with a guitar" because that's what all the media are calling him. We've had a WGWG win AI for the past 4 or 5 years. Enough already!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
It does make you wander.........what if the judges wouldn't have saved Jessica way back?

1) they could have used the save on Colten that wk that he wasn't as good as he had been all of the other wks.....

2) they could have saved Skylar that wk that she was voted out.........

3) or they could have used it on anyone else along the way.......

I'm just saying that I thought they used the save too soon. I would have rather they not even have a save than to use it that early & then push the person they saved on America for the remainder of the season.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The problem I have with Jessica is that while she has the voice she performs robotically, I dont get any sense of real emotion. Her performances are calculated and I think she needs a couple of years to mature into a great performer. I have no doubt she will be a great performer one day but I just dont see it now.

While I like Phillip, I think this is the weakest final two in years. Jessica should never have been saved and I agree with someone above, Colton should have been saved or Skylar.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The judges have loved Jessica from the beginning though so I doubt things would be much different.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
AND.........AI really wanted a female to win this yr..........

I'll watch & if Jessica wins, I'll feel like the season was rigged!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think JLo made such a mistake rushing up on the stage to console Jessica after they saved her. Never saw that in any season ever. I hope she is leaving the show. They need judges who tell it like it is and not gush over everyone and pick who they want to win and shove that person down our throat. Oh, how I miss Simon. Paula never had a bad thing to say about anyone ever but JLo is such a wimp. I'm not up on the great singers these days so I have no idea who could replace her, but the other shows have taken them off the market.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
My problem with Jessica (other than she is not mature enough yet) has not really been with Jessica but with the Judges. There over the top love and fawning of her makes me dislike her. I felt the bias toward her has been unfair to the other participants and I just refuse to vote for her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm kind of hoping the rumors are true that JLo is out. I would love for them to bring back Paula. I miss Paula and, more than that, I miss Paula's incoherent ramblings when she was critiquing.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The story I heard about JLo was that she's in a year to year contract. Britany Spears just got ~15 mio to be a judge on the X factor..... For JLo, it's all about an increase in her contract in the Britany Spears range.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Kooklie, I heard the same thing. I don't see them giving JLo $15 million. I'm curious how much Paula made when she was on the show.