TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5/22 - Finale (Singing and Results)...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/22 - Finale (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 22, 2012Heckagirl63126 05-22-12  6:46 pm
Archive through May 23, 2012Gurliegirl25 05-23-12  12:57 pm
Archive through May 23, 2012Maineiac25 05-23-12  6:23 pm
Archive through May 23, 2012Misspoufy25 05-23-12  6:49 pm
Archive through May 23, 2012Dfng25 05-23-12  7:11 pm
Archive through May 23, 2012Llkoolaid25 05-23-12  9:33 pm
Archive through May 24, 2012Hummingbird25 05-24-12  10:31 am
Archive through May 24, 2012Hummingbird25 05-24-12  9:20 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Holly & Jordan rocked too.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Yes, they did! Forgot Holly and Jordan.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 24, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 12:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://tinyurl.com/7anxrkv

Wow.. hope Phillip IS ready for the tour..

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Are you kidding me with the John Fogerty comment? John sang the song as he wrote it. It wasn't his job to match to Phillip. It was Phillip's job to do the song justice which he didn't. I think when you sing a song with the original artist, you owe it to the artist to respect what he did in the first place.

I'm in a minority group here, but I don't understand the Phillip hype at all. Every song sounded the same and they all had a range of about three notes.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I must be weird, I enjoyed John and Phillip's duet. At least they weren't screaming at each other.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed their duet as well. One of the best parts of the show, IMO.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Loved the Fogerty/Phillips duet.

p

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Phillip now on to surgery he put off..

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/25/phillip-phillips-kidney-surgery-refused-until-winning_n_1545750.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D164261

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Ha! What's with the P at the end of my post? Random and unintentional.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Also LOVED the Fogerty/Phillips duet

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed the Fogerty, Phillips duet, too.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 25, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just read online that this year they didn't guarantee a contract for second place..

http://blog.music.aol.com/2012/05/25/american-idol-runner-up/

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
"American Idol" winner Phillip Phillips will get badly-needed surgery for a bum kidney on Tuesday, and he'll be recuperating in style in a swanky Malibu mansion ... TMZ has learned.

According to the article, he will be able to stay at the mansion with his family until he is fully recovered.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's nice he'll be able to stay there and have his family with him. And it's great he's finally getting this behind him.

His single is number one on iTunes! I don't recall that happening the last few years.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, May 26, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Just read that Jessica Sanchez could earn as little as $30K as runner-up on AI. If the record company only wants her to make 1 single, that is all that she will get. Being under the age of 18,at least 15% of her earnings have to be set aside for her benefit once she reaches adulthood. If she is given a record deal, she will receive $175K bonus. The recording co. has replaced a guaranteed album deal with a staggered "Development Period" that requires less music and pays out less in advances.
She could be paid $30K if she is asked to perform 4 single songs or $60K if she records 4 to 10. This is all due to the fact that the ratings were soo long and the finale was the lowest-rated final in AI history.
The winner and finalists are obligated to perform in the concert tour and lend their likeness to a Disney World Resort attraction in Florida.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Er, the ratings were low, right? :-)

Also, record sales are down. So according to the producers, they are citing both things as to why Jessica gets diddly rather than what all other second placers received.

Personally, I think the recording company has gotten royally burned. There have been very few 1st OR 2nd place people who've knocked it out of the park. (Adam Lambert's new album just blew his first place finisher's outta the park, though! :-))

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I'm ok with whatever the producers want to do with supporting the contestants once the show is over. These folks already have gotten more exposure than they could have dreamed of without the AI experience. Plus, they've gotten all of that profesional advice and mentoring that they would have never received. If a record co. wants to pick them up after AI, that's great. There are just so many possibilities out there for these contestants right now that they are fresh off the show. It's what "they" do with it now! I know, they are obligated to do the AI tour which I think is cheesy. No, I have never gone to a tour concert & prob. never will. I don't see a need for the tour. Let them do the talk show rounds - there's so many talk shows out there now that there should be enough to go around. Let them fly........most won't make it, but a few determined ones will & those are the true stars.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 8:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jessica sang the National Anthem on the PBS Memorial Day concert.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2012 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The only time I went to a show on the tour it was pretty cool and being part of that, with all the repetition would be vastly different than going on a talk show. Seemed like excellent experience for any of them.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 28, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think the tour would be a wonderful experience (in both a personal and professional sense) and a fantastic "prize" for making the top ten.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the tour gives them a lot of money and for the less experienced people a chance to learn about touring. I know in the past, they have mostly made about 100K from the tour,more for the winner. They get an appearance fee of a few thousand per performance and they get a percentage of the stuff sold, and that is where the real money came from in the past. not sure how sales have been for the last few years.

Everyone wants to be on the tour if they can. It also gives them another chance to steal the show and impress some of the power people in certain cities.

Sadly, many of the people then wasted money in trying t o make it in LA, producing their own records, etc. Now they tend to have more professional people in the show the last few years, but early on, there were a lot of regular people. I am thinking of people like Charles, who spent a lot on trying to make it and now is an IT manager. In the more recent years, almost everyone remains in show business, even if behind the scenes and not on the stage.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
or they go on celebrity rehab :-(

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You know though, the opportunity is their's to make what they can of it. Many people have dreams of stardom and end up waiting tables or working in IT. That's just part of life.

I heard Phillip's song on the radio this morning...my jaded DJs even liked it, and they don't like American Idol.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: