TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: General Discussions: Archive through April 07, 2012 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I like the group rounds, wish there was more singing and less drama, but always felt that way.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I watched a little bit, but there wasn't much singing last night. Just a lot of drama and vomiting.... of which, watching the latter is not really my thing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'd probably have a problem with Thursday as well, but do wish they weren't starting in the middle of a time when I already have conflicts brewing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So this year they seem to be doing both the rooms of elimination an the chair of elimination. Serious over kill

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody else hear the rumor that Simon had proposed that they have a competition between the winners of The Voice, American Idol and whatever his other new show is (okay, went and looked...X Factor)?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I heard that too. I like it :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I couldn't sleep last night so I was trying to name all the past Idol winners...and I finally had to look them up because I was missing one...and it was David Cook (and that surprises me because I really liked David Cook). The problem is that we had a run of similar singers...Cook, Allen, DeWyze...they all kind of ran together. I'm glad Scotty broke the mold last year. I sure haven't found a favorite yet in this new group although there is a little potential shining through.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read online that Idol is talking (producers are talking) about having Chris Brown and Rhianna together on AI.

I sure won't be watching that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well, I will fast forward through their performance if they appear together. Of course I usually do that with everybody so it really makes no difference...I don't watch American Idol to see celebrities...I watch to see the contestants (I do make an exception for past contestants if I like them...I am hoping Scotty makes an appearance this year because it should be interesting to see how he has grown in the time since he left the show).

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Scotty missed his cue during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this past holiday.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Scotty made his high school baseball team and is going to class when he can per an article in the Charlotte Observer this past week. Glad he is able to enjoy his high school years as normal as can be for a country star.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was looking at the season finale dates for shows this season and figured this might be some info AI fans might want.

"American Idol will crown a winner on May 23rd"

Sandra

07-05-2004

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sandra a private message Print Post    
I think it's time for Deandre to go home.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Who was the last female winner?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Jordan Sparks? Or was there someone after her?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure Jordan Sparks is the right answer. She was 6, David Cook 7, then Kris Allen 8, Lee Dewyze 9, Scotty 10...amazing what a determined group of teenage girls can do!

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
thanks. I thought it has been a while.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Saw Scotty on the Country Music Awards last night. He won for best new artist! Pretty cool! He also performed a short snippet of his song "Water Tower Town."

Our DirecTV provider is currently blocking Fox due to a money dispute. They'd better get it back by Weds night!!! Anybody else have this issue? I'm going to be very upset if I miss out on not only this show but Touch and Vampire Diaries!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Our Direct TV did this a few years ago and I called and complained since I was paying for that channel. They came and put a small antenna on my roof so I could receive Fox. At no cost to me. I was a happy camper. Call them and see what they will do for you!!!

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I missed the 1st 3 wks of AI this yr because our Dish Network were in similar disputes.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Auntiemike. I might do that. I feel like I'm being held hostage! I pay my bills. I should get what I'm paying for.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Idol was back to beating "The Voice" in the ratings last week. I think the "blind auditions" are the draw for "The Voice", and when those are over, so are the higher ratings. But we'll see.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Naja, it's funny that you wrote this, because I was just coming on this thread to say that despite all the hype I still like American Idol best (although the Sing Off was pretty good but it doesn't compete with Idol's season).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The "blind auditions" are my favorite part of The Voice.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 07, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Next theme is songs from 2010-12.