TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/16 - Top 3 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 17, 2012 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I started out really liking Joshua and still do to some degree. I'm just not as enamored with his screeching most of his songs now. Just not my style. If he keeps it toned down he is really good, plus he seems like a very nice guy.

Jessica has a technically good voice but I don't feel drawn to her nor do I enjoy watching her. She's missing something....perhaps maturity???? I wish her well but don't want her to win.

P2 has a very definite style and ability and also is very endearing in personality.

My preference would be for a P2 win, Joshua in second and Jessica third.

I also miss Hollie!!!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
An informal survey of my friends and my co-workers is nearly unanimous for --- Joshua!! DH and I also prefer Joshua for two reasons.... I think he is great!! LOVE his singing, ADORE his performances.

Also, I don't really care for P2, at least normally. I listened a second time to all of his songs, and I did like the last one a lot - sometimes I think he can actually sing, then I listened to the first two, and, well, not so much.

Jessica? Great skills, but there is a tone or quality to her voice I just don't like. And I have never bought her performances.

And that was the Idol fan report from my little corner of the world!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Spoton, move over! I'll take a seat on that couch with you. Agree with just about all you said!

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I wondered about Joshuas choice too, for the reasons you mentioned. He did leave out the part about "and no religion too" but still. The beginning about imagine no heaven...

Imagine is one of my all time favorite songs. When they said he was going to do it, I thought, hope he doesn't wreck it. Thought he did a pretty good job on it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know who I want to win.

I'm not sure I like Jessica, but she does have a lot of talent (although she didn't do so well on the quiter songs).

I like Joshua and some songs he sings are perfect, and the ones that aren't perfect are still almost perfect.

I really enjoy watching Phillip's expressions but his songs always seem the same, and yesterday when he actually sang the song to the original tune it wasn't that special for me.

I think I want Jessica third, I don't really mind which of Joshua or Phillip win.

It all feels a bit blah, despite their talents.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Last night my dh said he would go see a Phillip concert over any by Joshua or Jessica. Why? Because Phillip has a unique voice appeal and his performances go with his body movements, facials and his unique feet movements. He's very animated with his singing and I agree with dh, I'd definitely go to see Phillip in concert for his whole entertaining package.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I honestly think Joshua has more public appeal than Phillip, but I think it will be a toss-up as to whichever one of them wins...unless Jessica manages to slide into one of the final 2 spots.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Everyone that I know are Phillip fans. I don't know anyone who loves Joshua. I do know a few who like Jessica.

I love that we all have our own opinions and have those we would go and see. That's what makes the show keep going. It would be awfully boring if everyone just liked one of them.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Philips hometown visit was, by far, the most emotional of the 3. It also appeared that he had more fans than the others for the parade.

However, seeing him at the hometown, I have to mention that Philip really looks like he lost weight since the beginning of the show. It was also kind of telling that Ryan brought a stool over for the 2 of them to sit on while going through the judges comments and the numbers. If you think back, most of the last few performances have him sitting about half the time. I suspect that he's struggling with his health more than we know about.

Finally, after hearing him sing Bob Seger, I think that Philip needs Jimmy to be his producer. Jimmy's song choice was right on for Philip.

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
I have always and will continue to want to hear Phillip sing "simple kind of man". think it would be awesome from him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Again, as soon as the finale is over Phillip has to have what was reported as "fairly major" liver surgery.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I know, but for him to stick AI out is pretty amazing.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I had the exact same thoughts that you did, regarding "Imagine". It is my very favorite song of all time, and I couldn't help thinking if he understood what the song was really about. Not wanting to cause any controversy over this, but just an observation.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
JLo is leaving AI. YEY!

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Jag, is this definite? I wouldn't mind seeing Paula come back. I fear this show won't last too much longer.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I think they should do different guest judges every year. Say next year they have Taylor Swift, Justin Beiber, and Adam Lambert as judges. Wouldn't that be awesome!?!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
JLo's contracts have been for a year at a time. She also said last year she "wasn't sure" if she'd return and we know how that went. It's not definite yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I didn't even watch.

I've seen that J Lo said she waits until the last minute to decide (on a contract), so who knows?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have heard that there is even less incentive for her to resign this year. She will be on tour with Englesis (spelling?) for the remainder of this year and I also heard that she is wanting to spend more time with her children (does that count Casper?).

I personally don't think she adds a lot to the show, but then again neither do the other two.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Aww, I did mean to vote for Phillip, but didn't watch and completely forgot.. got home late and just spaced on it.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
All the major networks say she is leaving.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I have not been watching at all this season. I did hear Jennifer is out (and that means I may watch next season).

My question is about the girl from San Diego (Chula Vista). Is she any good? Does she have a chance to win?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jessica can really sing, but IMO she is missing something and doesn't really connect with me. She's sort of like Pia last year. Jessica was saved by the judges a few weeks back. Then, Colton, who probably should have been in the finals was voted off and they could not save him.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kooklie. Jessica is really young though, yes? (And that, too, is a reason why I quit watching AI. Not interested in teenagers singing.)

There's been a lot of hoopla on our news lately about her and I have/had no clue who she is.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
John Lennon and George Harrison turned over in their graves at that rendition.