TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/09 - Top 4 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 10, 2012 users admin

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad to hear I'm not alone with my thoughts on Hollie and Jessica. I just find Hollie so much more appealing and refreshing. Unfortunately I think she is going home tonight. Jessica and Joshua have too many fans. Jessica has everyone in the Philippines voting for her too. And Phillip has the teen girls. I can see why. He is charming.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Hollie has been my favorite since the beginning. I think the judges have been so hard on her, but I think she has grown because of it. I don't think she deserved the harsh words she got last night.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I am all for a Hollie-Phillip finale, too.

Jessica just grates on my nerves. I really do not like her at all. And the pimping by the judges makes me like her even less. I can't stand that.

I find it really ironic how the judges criticize Hollie for singing songs that are too old for her and that she hasn't had the life experience to understand, but then they fall all over themselves for Jessica singing Etta James??? I just don't get it.

Exactly! What the heck is up with that?

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
Yes! I'd love a Hollie-Phillip finale!

And I totally agree with the double standard between Hollie and Jessica on the life experience for the songs!

I kind of thought Hollie's I Can't Make You Love Me had an undercurrent of her talking to the judges. America loves her because she is still there. It's the judges that have been down on her.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I agree, Skydiver. Most people love an underdog and the judges are making Hollie into one. I always feel bad for her when they critique her and it just seems very inconsistent with how they judge Jessica.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree with pretty much what everyone has said here. Maybe they are going for a "shocking" elimination tonight? I only put shocking in quotes because I believe that Hollie should stay.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I love you guys! I think we should all be the judges next season! LOL

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We could certainly do a better job than this bunch of fools that are judging now. They are weak and irrelevant. They try and manipulate the viewer. I can't believe that there isn't a better panel somewhere that could still draw in viewers. To me they make themselves way too much of the process instead of simply letting the talent shine.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping the harsh words for Hollie last night backfired on the judges and caused people to vote for her like crazy. LOL

Would love to see Jessica go bye bye.
Is that the "shocking" elimination you're talking about Jimmer? :-)

Robinm

01-31-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
I also do not like how hard and inconsistent the judges are with Hollie and I am not ready to see her go. I feel bad for her since she has never deserved to be in the bottom 3. After the show last night, my girls and I put in 100 facebook votes and about 350 phone votes. I hope that helps in keeping her.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Good job Robinm, I really don't want Hollie going home - heck, unless she totally blows the rest of the season, I want a win for her! I don't vote & haven't for several seasons. Hollie & Philip are my fav's of the remaining. Joshua really did have the best performance last night with his final song. That just leaves Jessica to go home. Gosh, I've been wanting her gone ever since the ep that she was supposed to go home & the judges wasted their only save on her. That save could have been put to better use the next wk on Colton IMO.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Hopefully the rest of America feels like we do
Regarding Hollie and Jessica. There's alot of us on the
Same page.

Robinm

01-31-2006

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
Honestly, the last time we did any voting for this show was the Clay/Ruben ending. Normally we just watch and comment, but they are being unfair.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The last time I voted was for David Cook and now for Phillip, other than that, I haven't really cared too much.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping the reason they aren't telling us yet that anyone is safe or in the bottom is because we are in for a shocking elimination. Final four is usually when one of the "expected" finalists goes home....fingers crossed Hollie will make it through tonight.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
JLo singing and dancing with her boy toy was kind of icky.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not watching yet, but I also want Hollie to stay. I had been voting for Skylar but last night my votes went to Hollie.

Dial Idol has declared only Jessica to be safe. I don't intend to watch the results show and didn't last week. NO desire to see the JLo Showcase.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Jessica is safe (boo)

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Joshua is safe

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jessica and Joshua are safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So whoever leaves, it is just wrong.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Loser announced after the break. I hate these result shows. Usually only tune in for the last 5 or 10 minutes, but there was nothing else going on tonight. The drag out drama is painful.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
so sad........I don't want either Hollie or Philip to go..........

That dang Jessica!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Leaving is Hollie. So sad!

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Snoopsmom, Please forgive me, but I just have to add this, to your post: Boooooooo! ;)

Lotta caterwauling coming out of Joshua, I feel.