TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/09 - Top 4 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 10, 2012 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Damn hard to beat that Jessica.
They r always hard on Hollie.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I also thought the judges were too harsh on Hollie. IMO, she's come a long way and is really what this competition is supposed to be about. I haven't fully followed this seaso and don't have a favorite, but did call in some votes for Hollie.
Jessica has a great voice when she's not screeching, so does Joshua, but as the weeks go on they both spend more time screeching than singing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Maineiac, you and I always love the same people. It's nice to read someone saying something good about Phillip because everyone I know just loves him.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I haven't been a big Phillip fan but I really, really liked him tonight. I thought Hollie was amazing on her first song and I liked the second one too and thought the judges were harsh. I thought Joshua started screaming on the second song and it hurt my ears. Jessica is so full of herself that I just can't get past that and I have no desire to listen to her. My ears were hurting by the end of her second song. Not something I would ever buy! Go Phillip and Hollie!!

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
of course Randy talks about his close relationship with Journey

My husband and I laugh every week at Randy's need to name drop! LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry but Joshua is no Josh Groban. That was not a good version of his song at all.

Diacritical

08-14-2005

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Diacritical a private message Print Post    
The duet between Hollie and Jessica really showed how much more mature Hollie's voice is. Jessica really needs to act her age and choose better songs.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I tried not to watch the performances but just listen. Joshua is NOT Josh Groban! Wish he had left that song alone.

Since they all harp on Jessica's age I wish they would also harp on the fact that she sings songs that are way too old for her. I don't find her singing the blues believable. it takes life experience to bring out the emotions of an Etta James song, for example.

I love the clarity and strength of Hollie's voice. She is by far a better singer than some of the others and yet she doesn't get the credit she is due. I'm hoping she will be encouraged to continue beyond Idol....especially if she doesn't win.

Phillip kind of surprised me tonight. I've always liked his quirky style and interpretation. He did great on his first song. I always love that he doesn't "sell out" and stays true to the type of artist he is and wants to be.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I loved Phillip's second song but he only sings songs that way, and he just doesn't seem to care enough to make me want to vote for him.

Jessica is still singing songs that are too old for her, she should have picked songs more like the one in that duet with Hollie.

They were so explicit with their criticisms of Hollie in that second song, just after telling Phillip his singing made them cry, that I voted for her because they annoyed me so much!

Joshua was pretty phenomenal in that second song, and only just below pretty phenomenal in the first one.

I think Joshua should win it all, and I think Phillip or Jessica will go home tomorrow. Probably Jessica because I'm still convinced Phillip has teenyboppers on his side.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am soooooo tired of Jessica screaming her songs as if it were her pure emotion. Can't the judges see/hear the difference? She is so out of her league. And, I can't warm up to her. Her personality is just not doing it for me.

I think Joshua will probably win this; how can he fail after all the praise he continues to get?

I think Phillip will be successful, regardless of AI, and I'm so hoping that Hollie gets a good contract out of being on this show. She is an excellent singer and has so much more potential.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Dial Idol is only showing Jessica as safe. Joshua is in last place.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Maineiac, you and I always love the same people. It's nice to read someone saying something good about Phillip because everyone I know just loves him.

Mamie, I live about an hour from Phillip's home town. He has performed at a pizza place down the road from my house. My daughters played against his highschool in soccer this spring.lol So of course everyone I know loves Phillip.

I have noticed too that we seem to like the same people.
I've been thinking for a few weeks now that Hollie would be the most marketable and like someone else said, is what this show is about. But for some reason the judges think the opposite. I don't get it.
I've never missed an AI finale but if it ends up being a f2 of Jessica and Joshua, I may skip it this year. I can't stand all the screaming.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
What was the issue with Phillip's mouth? Ryan said something about it, but I didn't catch what he said.

THANK YOU for mentioning about all the screaming. Maybe that comes across better live since the judges seem to be all over it, but a couple of those performances were way over the top for my TV sound system, just saying.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the last half of the show yet but I wish the judges would give Hollie a break. She has so much potential.

I just can't get into Jessica singing "older" songs at her age. Her voice (good or bad) doesn't matter. She just doesn't have enough life experience to make the performance believable.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Jimmer the judges told Hollie she didn't have enough life experience to sing her second song and I feel the same about Jessica.

Regarding the Jessica/Hollie duet, I thought Hollie was amazing and Jessica was awful. You could tell the judges thought that to but instead of just saying it wasn't Jessica's best they said they just didn't like it at all. Ugh!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Alisons I think they said Phillip's mouth was dry.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I thought Phillip had gum in his mouth. Wouldn't be the first time. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Jessica always looks like she is angry when she is singing. It is her only emotion.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He had dry mouth last night.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think PP's health is not so good. He looks awfully pale in some of his interviews. He chews gum to combat his dry mouth. Could be due to medication he is taking. That's why Ryan brought him a bottle of water.

I find it really ironic how the judges criticize Hollie for singing songs that are too old for her and that she hasn't had the life experience to understand, but then they fall all over themselves for Jessica singing Etta James??? I just don't get it.

I thought Joshua blew everyone else off the stage with that last song. I felt like I was watching a Joshua concert. He really performed the heck out of it.

Phillip Phillips is just meh for us. Every song he sings sounds the same and he always looks like he's in pain. Not a fan.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
And watching a 7 year old "growl" while singing (Jessica's video package) is just soooo pretentious. What in the world does a 7 year old have to growl about? It's just creepy. Shut up, JLo.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
JLO likes the youngsters who growl

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Phillip is having liver surgery after the show ends (according to BuddyTV this morning). It might affect some part of the tour but it is unavoidable and is apparently "big" surgery.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I thought they all did good. I'm still wanting a Hollie/Phillip F2 even though Joshua's final song WAS the hit of the night. I really did enjoy his performance on that one.

Didin't like the female duet but Hollie sure showed Jessica up on that one & the judges made no mention of that fact.

I'm ready for Jessica to go home tonight.

Shocker76

05-24-2007

Thursday, May 10, 2012 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shocker76 a private message Print Post    
Babyjax is right...Jessica singing songs with life experiences just doesn't work...Loved the duet between Phillip and Joshua on the Maroon 5 song...it really fit the two of them well. Hollie was much better in her part of the duet, but no help from the judges. Maybe a bitter, irrritated Simon was a good thing for Idol overall. This is a good group of kids, good singers, but they get the best advice from Jimmy Iovine, not the judges.