TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 05/07 - Finale/Results - Week 6: Archive through May 08, 2012 users admin

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I have not liked Tony at all and I think the only reason he is here is because of his Mickey Mouse roots. And I'm mad at Adam (whom I love) for choosing him over Katrina.

I must be an old fuddy-duddy because while I did enjoy Juliet's performances, I'm not that much into her style of singing and I think I will really be disappointed if she wins.

I loved Chris Mann tonight. I voted for him numerous times.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
If Adam had not given Tony 60, Katrina would have been in the finals. She received more public votes.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
The show is all about social networking (thus the whole backroom set up for Twitter, etc.) and the judges are tweeting during the show. Don't you see their tweets on the bottom of the screen as they go by? I'm zero percent a fan of Christina but they all have their devices and are on them during various shots.

Juliet should win this, she is the best one there. I didn't ever like Jermaine until he sang a country song last night and I thought the country/rock-esque version of 99 Problems was a really cool arrangement but don't like Tony, I was a Katrina fan and when Adam said he was taking Tony because of the bromance he lost my respect.

Juliet is the only one who is continuously in the top 10 songs on iTunes. They always say how everyone is in the top 200 but they don't point out how she is in the top 10. Those purchases count as votes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, I don't care so much that Christina was tweeting or texting.

I care that she attacked another person's singer, while his wife and young daughter were in the audience, and I still don't understand why.

And I care that even when it appeared to be over, instead of just praising her own singer, she used that opportunity to take another shot. It was disrespectful to her own singer as well, at that point.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that social media is emphasized so normally this would be a non issue. It's like anything though. If the person has a bad attitude and has shown that attitude and then goes and does something like this it is seen differently.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FYI, I looked up the lyrics of 99 problems, and I'm thinking that some of the lyrics must have been changed or edited, because surely they would have been bleeped out on my TV, if he sang as written.....

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Tony might get more votes that he would have had because Christina was so rude to him tonight.

I thought Juliet wasn't as strong as she usually is, and was drowned out in a few places.

Thought Chris was better than he has been for a while, the songs suited him more.

Jermaine was solid as usual.

I'm not sure who to choose (only just watched it, so didn't vote) but at the moment I'm feeling more annoyed at Christina (and therefore likely to vote for Tony) than inclined towards voting for anyone else. She'd better hope viewers who felt the same way didn't actually vote.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I don't vote either but I thought all of them did very well last night & believe it could be close & any of them could win.

Juliett - I like the music she does better than any of the others. I love her raspy voice that seems to always be in tune. Even tho she was great last night, it wasn't some of her best that we've seen. But, she really was sick just like Christina & they both ended up doing great & Juliett actually had to sing 3 times while Christina only had to sing once. Juliett is prob. my fav.

Chris - I really didn't notice him much until last night. I thought everything he sang was just perfect! Just from what I read, Christina is not as well liked on this show as the other 3 judges so that could cost him.

Tony - I thought he did very good the whole night & especially loved his take on the 99 song & his duet w/Adam. However, I've been bugged the whole season & only put my finger on it last night. Tony has some really weird facial expressions when he's singing & it bugs me.

Jermaine - I liked him singing the country songs better than anything else I've heard from him. IMO, die hard country fans may vote for him just because they want Blake's team to win.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
45 minutes into the finale and no results yet. (in case anybody is waiting to see some spoilers)

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I appreciate that update, Naja. Hope you have time to tell more. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll be here, Longbeach :-) Nothing so far at 70 minutes into the show.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Nafa

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Before the results come. I just wanted to say I think the best performance so far of this finale night was Tony and Jordis singing Fleetwood Mac's "You Can Go Your Own Way".

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The top 4 finalists got a new Kia car each :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Justin Bieber is premiering his new single "Boyfriend". It's starts out a little "rappy" for my taste, but it gets a little better.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Justin Beiber was horrible. Just my opinion. Seemed like that song said the same thing over and over. His dancing was horrible. Yuk!!!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Here we go, it's finally results time.

4th place: Chris

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And here we go again....

3rd place: Tony

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm barely thru the first hour here, and honestly, this show is just too long.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Down to the final 2!

Juliet or Jermaine?

4 percentage points separated them.

Winner is Jermaine!

Juliet is second place.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Jermaine wins.

So disappointed. Not watching this show again

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No way! Wow.

Longbeachbbfan

08-17-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Longbeachbbfan a private message Print Post    
I thought it would be between Chris and Jermaine. So, I am not surprised by the winner.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Yay! I'm happy Jermaine won it. Surprised, but happy. I thought for sure it would be Juliet. Not surprised Chris and Tony came in 3rd and 4th -- even though I voted for Chris. I hope Christina puts her snarkiness away for next season.....or replace her.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
YEA..........So glad Jermaine won he will do well commercially.