TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/09 - Top 4 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 09, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Songs from the Golden State?

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
This is what I picked up:
California Dreamin’ (California based singers or groups)

Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
Etta James’ “Steal Away”
Josh Groban’s “You Raise Me Up”
Journey’s “Faithfully”

The Song I Wish I Wrote
“And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going” (from Dreamgirls)
Bonnie Raitt’s “I Can’t Make You Love Me”
Damien Rice’s “Volcano”
James Brown’s “It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World”

Duets
Maroon 5′s “This Love”
The Bangles’ “Eternal Flame”

link

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Where's the Beach Boys?

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Phillip is singing Have you ever seen the rain. He is singing it well but it is totally missing the feeling of the song. the Original by Creedecne Clearwater was a very emotional song and certainly not a peppy song. I think he is missing the mark on this song.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen, you are living proof that the road to success is always under construciton.

J-Lo said it sounded good to her, did a great job. (clearly she doesnt know the song).

Randy - it started out a little rough, pitchy, but was sensational when you were having a good time.

I agree with Stephen. He totally missed the feel of the song.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
beach boys??? Hey I never even knew Creedence was a California band, lol. This doesnt seem to have much to do with California.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Hollie is singing Journey's faithfully. She sounds beautiful, full of emotion and great control. She has really improved this season. Love this performance.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
randy, Hollie you are peaking at the right time. I am so amazed. That song is near and dear to my heart, and of course Randy talks about his close relationship with Journey. you did it proud. You are in the zone.

Jennifer, watching how much you have grown it is so emotional. It was very beautiful.

Stephen - your choice of song was over the top. beautiful.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Joshua is singing you raise me up.

Awkaward moment I thought when they announced his father was there for first time, awkaward hug.

Singing it well, not over the top. I like it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
J-Lo, another great performance, really really great.

Stephen, You sang your tush off today again, I cant tell you how much I love your singing. good for you.

Randy, extremely happy you came back. you validate what we say. if you are a great singer, you can sing anything. Everything you do, I am so excited to see what you do. a ginormous career ahead of you.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
That shot of Joshua's father happened a few weeks ago, they are showing how far their journey has taken them soo far.
Loved that song and Joshua. For all his critics..there was no screaming. Just beautiful.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica is up next with Etta James's Steal Away.

She is doing a really good job. very bluesy, with a lot of feeling.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
J-lo. crazy, crazy. You are one of the best, comparing her to singers out there now.

Stephen, loved it. you nailed it. showed the other side of your voice. beautiful thing.

Randy - I loved the whole vibe of that. truly great singer.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Round one- cant say who won but definitely Philip the weakest.

Duets are up next. Philip and Joshua are up next. I have to step away for a while so hopefully someone else can come in.......

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think Joshua and Hollie won round 1. Judges didn't like the duet by Jessica and Hollie. P2 and Joshua's voices just don't mesh in a duet.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
They are filling in time with Juliann Hough who is in a new movie called Rock of Ages. Juliann is in the audience, she is Ryan's girlfriend. Now the 4 are singing together. Why don't the cut this show down to 1 hour when there are only 4 left?

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I just turned this on and thought it was Dave Matthews for a minute.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
P2 is singing Volcano. I'm not a fan of his, so I'll leave it up to y'all to decide. Stephen heard the musician in him, loved it. JLo felt it was great, as did Randy.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I really liked it but I am a big DMB fan, so I enjoy Phillip.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I absolutely loved Phillip's version of Volcano. I had never heard the song before.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Hollie is singing I Can't Make You Love Me. Jimmy is afraid she may over sing it, she has to show emotion.
Stephen said it fell a little short, JLo said she showed too much emotion and it affected her voice. Randy felt she was no Bonnie Raitt. Wrong choice for her. I felt the song was too big for her voice.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I didn't know the song, but it caught my attention!

I liked Hollie too.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Joshua is singing It's a Man's Man's Man's World. And of course, I am going to like it.
Everyone is standing. Stephen said he has never heard such compassion. Randy felt it was the best song he has ever heard on a show like this. Everyone found religion.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He just sealed the deal.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I thought the judges were a little hard on Hollie for her second song. I thought she did a good job.
I think Phillip is having a great night. I liked both of his performances.
And of course we can't have American Idol without a little screaming and then standing ovation for Josh.