TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 08, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 05/07 - Finale/Results - Week 6: Archive through May 08, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Looks like two hours of lots of singing.. the finalists singing alone and with their mentors.

(Go Juliette!)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jermaine was good. He had the exact right song for his voice.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I couldn't stay with it tonight...just so disappointed in who is missing (especially Katrina) and who is there (especially Tony). I switched over to "Dancing with the Stars", but was pleased when I turned back at the very end that I caught Juliet's final SMASHING number! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let Juliet win.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Juliette was wonderful singing ceelo's song. Tony, not so interesting.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Why does Christina have so much Tony hate? She has put him down time after time. When he was just talking after he sang, she was looking down at her fingernails and when he was done and everyone was clapping she was still looking at her fingernails! She is very cold towards him...it is just very odd.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
unrequited love perhaps?

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 1:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
She said early on that she thought there were much better singers in the competition and that he was getting by on "celebrity"--and I actually agreed with her.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yup, I agree with both Christina and Beth. I don't think Tony is that great. He sounded good with the duet with Adam, but that was the first time I actually enjoyed watching him (the angst thing drives me nuts). I wasn't impressed with any of his other performances (his "tribute" or his performance songs).

I thought Jermaine did great with HIS duet, too, but other than that I wasn't impressed.

I like Chris but poor guy should not have had to duet with Christina, especially if she was sick. I'm still not sure what I think.

Juliet cracks me up. I love her interactions with Cee Lo. I'm glad she's not intimidated by the <77> that's going on.

I still really want Juliet to win. At this point, I'm afraid it'll be Jermaine or Tony and that is the WORST case that could happen. I would never spend a penny on either of them. I think both of them will go the way of Javier Colon (and become has beens before they've been anything). (I'm also really disappointed that there are 3 men in the finale; I think there were far better singers than two of them and their coaches were blinded by something... bromance? Dunno.)

I would buy almost anything Chris or Juliet produce. I don't know if I'd pay to see them in person (maybe Juliet in a small intimate performance) but I would most definitely buy their music and put it on my various devices to listen to.

(Go Juliet!)

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I don't usually vote due to my bedtime, but I was up late due to a state holiday on Tuesday and I voted.After voting online and via the phone I am pretty sure I got in 50 to 60 votes for Jermaine and a few for Chris. The system never stopped me so I just kept hitting redial. Hope they count !

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
It's funny, it's all in the ear of the beholder, isn't it? I thought that Xtina got rid of better singers on her team then Chris Mann, but I didn't see the other judges slamming Chris Mann because of it. I don't really care, because I didn't vote for any of them, but still...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think it will be Chris, but am hoping for Juliet.... and voted multiple times for her!

I suspect some backlash for Tony from the Katrina fans who will vote for someone else. So, I don't think he will win. Jermaine is okay, but overshadowed by Chris and Juliet's abilities. Chris and Juliet styles are sooooo different. Each is wonderful in their own right.

While I wouldn't buy an album from Chris, I certainly would stop to watch him sing on tv. You can see the joy and peace in his face when singing. Christina was struggling with that song, for Chris it was effortless.

Juliet - to quote Ceelo, "just wow".

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I wasn't talking about Tony being good or bad, that has nothing to do with it, I was talking about Christina being blatantly rude. Totally unprofessional. She acts like a straight up b*tch to him and him only.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I've noticed Christina's attitude toward Tony, many times. I agree with him getting by on his Mickey Mouse Club history. I think he's just so-so and that there were many better than him. So, on that I agree, but not with the attitude thing she has going on.

I thought Jermaine gave one of his best performances. I really loved it.

I truly recognize Chris's talent and appreciate it. It's just not music that I gravitate towards, for the most part.

But for me, the winner is Juliet, hands down. She is a star.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I totally agree Jewels. She was terrible to him. I personally don't get all the Juliet love and I really like rock music. In my opinion she had to stand out performances and last night wasn't one of them. I voted for Chris. Ever since he sang Ava Maria I have been a huge fan. I know I am in the minority but Go Chris!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard when Tony was thanking the judges at the end she was texting...rude much?

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
Love Chris! I think that he was the star last night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Seriously about Christina texting? What a disappointment this has turned out to be.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
What was the deal with Christina attacking his song choice because his wife and daughter there? And then the spat between Adam and Christina? Totally unprofessional on her part.

And then later she compliments her own singer by saying "you're a real man and treat women correctly?" - as a way of continuing the spat?

I don't even know what song Tony sang and why she thought it offensive to women.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Apparently during rehearsal Adam and Tony wanted to refer to Xtina as the "B" mentioned in the song (not having seen the show I don't know what I'm talking about...just repeating what I heard this morning on Kidd Kraddock). There was a huge fight between Adam and Xtina, including her going to the NBC network powers that be.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
So, do you think Christina's antics last night will hurt Chris's chances for votes? He may not get the win because of her behavior.

I'm a little tired of Christina as well. I'm amazed she can even move her eyelids with all the glitter on them; that any fabric can restrain the "girls" who always seem to want to "get out", that she needs to constantly be the center of attention when it's not all about her! Maybe she is too immature to be a judge on this show.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Tony sang 99 problems and the line is 99 problems and the B***h aint one.

Maybe Christina does not like to remember her Mickey Mouse club roots. He my just be bringing back bad memories for her.

I loved Chris but cannot see him winning, not sure he will get the votes.

Jermaine did not wow me. the background singers seemed to overpower him.

Tony was good and seems to have a following. May get sympathy votes because he was treated badly by Christina and people love Adam. He may win this.

Juliet was the winner according to my hubby from the first time she opened her mouth on the show. I think she is amazing and loved her from the first time I heard the song Remembering Sunday (check it out on youtube she sings the last verse) and she should win it all! JMO

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
99 Problems according to Wikipedia.com the song is not about women.

"99 Problems" is the third single released by American rapper Jay-Z in 2004 from The Black Album. Throughout the song Jay-Z tells a story about dealing with a racist cop who wants to illegally search his car, dealing with rap critics, and dealing with an aggressor.

While the song's meaning is widely debated, the chorus "If you're having girl problems, I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a b***h ain't one" was defined in Jay-Z's book, Decoded. Jay-Z wrote that in 1994 he was pulled over by police while carrying cocaine in a secret compartment in his sun roof.[citation needed] Jay-Z refused to let the police search the car and the police called for the drug sniffing dogs. However the dogs never showed and the police had to let Jay-Z go. Moments after he drove away he writes that he saw the police car with the dogs drive by.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I suppose that's why Adam said to her (paraphrasing) it's not a derogatory song about women, she answered it was, and he said something like 'it's a metaphor', but in a super-condescending way.

In the end Christina is the one who came off badly, and very unprofessionally. Apparently it was just the one word that set her off?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The song choice for Tony would definitely appeal to a younger crowd. I had never heard it before, but thought he sang it okay. Christina just needs to get over herself. Juliet and Chris were still the best last night.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
yea, i saw christina texting. I can't believe the show rules allow that!!