TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/02 - Top 5 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 05, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Phillip suffers from kidney stones, so he's been in and out of hospital this season.

Hard to say who should have gone this week, assuming that Phillip isn't going anywhere. I think there's probably not much difference in the vote counts for most of them.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sad. I think Skylar will have a good career in country music regardless of this outcome.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL!! Well since you love Phillip, of course! Just as I wouldn't have been sad to lose anyone but Skylar and Hollie.

Actually, I think only Jessica is going to freak out a bit if/when she is out.. judging from the swooning she did just being in bottom two one time.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I all for Hollie now!!!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Hollie has always been my favorite. For some reason I always seem to like the person the judges like the least. At least they are nice to her.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Hurray for Hollie! I've always liked her and her latest performances were great, I thought. I have never liked Joshua or Skylar. She with the stomping and yelling and he with his screeching. Why does he have to do it on every song? Up until that point, he has a nice voice, but won't keep it that way. Don't care for Philip or Jessica. My other favorites were Elise and Colton, especially Elise. I hope Hollie wins. She has a lovely voice.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Wasn't it last week when Jimmy said in the results show that he didn't think that Philip was feeling well. I agree with that assessment. He just doesn't seem to have his heart in his performances like when he first started. I enjoyed him much more back then. So, I think he takes safe choices in song selection, not really caring if he stays or goes.

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think Joshua seems likeable at all. He has an "air" about him that really rubs me the wrong way. Same with Jessica.
I vote for a Phillip-Hollie final 2! :-)

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
Granjan, I agree with you re: Joshua and Skylar.

Laneesmom, I agree with you re: Hollie and Phillip.

And since others have said which Idol music they have bought...I've only bought Elliott Yamin albums.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I LOVE Joshua. He puts his heart and soul into everything he sings. And he's not screaming. It's a style of singing. Love him. And he seems to sweet. You could see how upset he was that his two favorite gal pals were in the bottom two.

Skylar was just so full of joy and energy when she performed. Not like Jessica, the singing stick (reminds me so much of Pia). Great voices are a dime a dozen in the music industry. You need more than a great voice to be successful.

I think Hollie is the most improved this season. She gets better every week. I hope she continues to improve. Hubby has noticed that every time somebody ends up standing next to Hollie in the bottom 2, the other person goes home. Please next week let it be Hollie and Jessica!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I'm on board with that Babyjaxmom!! Right now I am all about anyone but Jessica for the win. Even though I am really rooting for Hollie.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Still mad at JLo and the rest for saving Jessica and making such a fuss over her every week. If so many of us in here dislike her, who is voting for her? I have an awful feeling that Phillip Phillips could win. All those little girls and their cell phones are texting votes for him. Ugh! Even Ryan's girlfriend, Julianne Hough, thinks he's "yummy."

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
It's all semantics....I think Joshua ends up screeching (not screaming) and it detracts from the song. If that is his style then I don't fully appreciate his style although overall I think he is good and seems to be a very nice guy.

I wish Jessica good luck....OFF American Idol. I don't think she should win!

I like Phillip P. but not sure if he should win either.

GO HOLLIE!!!!!!!!!

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
I am so tired of Phillip Phillips!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
don't like Phillip's singing at all. He is horrible. It was so obvious when he and Joshua were singing the Righteous Brother's song that Phillip has no voice. Time for him to go. Don't let the little teeny boppers keep in a no talent AGAIN this year!!!!!!!!!!! Look at the last 3 Idols, can anyone even name them or anything they have done.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved Scotty! And he has done well. The other three pop singers (um, David Cook, Chris Allen and ???) not so much. I keep telling myself it doesn't matter who wins. I just want the people I like to stay cause I find them entertaining. I will miss Skylar!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Actually Iluvreality, Scotty has done very well for himself in the world of country music.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think 3 times this past year when I have tuned into Opry Live, there was Scotty performing. And he's going to be on again in another week or so. Nashville sure loves Scotty.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Scotty earned country music's New Artist of the Year award.

I think if Kris Allen had gone where they tried to lead him, duet with Keith Urban, (country music) he might have done better in the music business.

I never hear anything about Lee Dewyse. I guess I don't listen to his kind of music.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I've liked Phillip from the beginning because he is different. None of my other early fav's are still in the running. I've never cared for Jessica or Joshua so I'm on board for a Phillip/Holly F2 & I actually think I would prefer a Holly win. This girl has been improving & I find myself looking forward to what she will bring. I'm just guessing, but I can see her getting the bulk of Skyler's die hard voters so that's a good thing.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
There have been several winners who went nowhere. I had forgotten Lee DeWeyse existed. Ruben and Taylor Hicks come to mind. Fantasia started off big, then went bankrupt. The last time I saw her on Idol, she sang a ridiculous song about cornbread. They either have it or they don't and winning this contest doesn't mean that they are going to be the next huge star. I also like Scotty and think he will last. And so will Skylar. Did two people go home after the Jessica save? Didn't they do that last time? Not a fan of the save.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hummingbird, only one person went home after the save this time.... I think because Jermaine was disqualified, so they needed to add another week.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
But.....if the judges would have just let Jessica go home, they could have saved Colten the next wk when he had an off wk because IMO he was a standout the whole way & he was also my personal choice early on to take the whole thing.

Who is voting for:

Phillip - That's easy, the teen girls & prob old ladies

Joshua - 30+ folks that like the type of music he sings (the screach singing & all) - not for me

Jessica - Can't figure this one out unless it's folks voting for her because that's what the
judges want. Don't see the teen gals voting for her over a guy & we all know that teen guys just don't get into this kinda thing.

Holly - IMO, she's been picking up voters who lost a fav because of how she's improving so much ea wk.

Of course, this is jus IMO.....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was on huffpost or some site where they reported on Jessica a few weeks ago, maybe with the save? And many of the posters were posting about how Jessica must win and how we needed an Asian winner, or a Filipino winner, a female winner. So that may be several factors for some voters.

I like Holly alright but if I vote for her now that Skylar is gone, it is more to have votes NOT for Jessica, Joshua or Phillip. But I'd rather be voting for Skylar or if not her, Colton.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
With a name like Sanchez,I assumed Jessica was Latina.