TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/02 - Top 5 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 03, 2012 users admin

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
My husband is convinced that Jessica and Joshua will be the final 2 and that Jessica will win. He thinks they are the best and have it in the bag. I tried telling him that not all the people on my board think that way but he thinks "we" don't count! I so hope he is wrong. Surprisingly he actually went online and voted for Hollie last night! He has NEVER voted and I never thought he would! He was a huge Elyse fan and never voted for her or anyone else in all the years we were watching. Come on Hollie! I've been a fan since the beginning!

And I totally agree with whoever said that Jessica seems to have a sense of entitlement. That is what I was feeling and couldn't put my finger on. She just rubs me the wrong way. She doesn't seem genuine. Hollie seems just the opposite to me. It's great to see her grow and get some confidence.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Observation-Phillip is rarely in the Ford commercials

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They said that time they were talking about each other that he says he is sick and doesn't make the shoots.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
So far Joshua is safe, Hollie is in the bottom 2. Phillip is safe, was told to spit out his gum by Ryan. Jimmy said he should have been in the bottom and Jimmy also believes that Phillip has checked out.

Hollie should not be in the bottom 2.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That's crazy.. Hollie shouldn't be in bottom two at all.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Glad I am not watching. I have HBP as it is. lol

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
If "America" gets this wrong (ie. Hollie goes home!) then I may just give up on watching AI.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Cold Play played earlier and Carrie Underwood sang the title song from her new album Blown Away. I usually love Cold Play but their song wasnt that great. Carrie Underwood's song Blown Away, was very good.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jimmy's view of Skylar's performance of you don't have to say you love me. He wasnt thrilled with it but like me it didnt measure up to Dusty Springfield. He thinks that Skylar didnt win the night.

Jimmy's view on Jessica -- loved her rendition of you are so beautiful. He did not like the other song. he thinks she is technically the best but thought her first song was a travesty, dress too old for her. Said it was burlesque and said that the stylists were torpedoing her. Too mature and racy. Randy and Jennifer now agreeing that her outfit was over the top.

Jessica is safe, Skylar is in the bottom 2.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Coldplay back on singing a second song. I am loving this song.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Skylar is going home

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
the girl gave a great exit performance. That is a professional.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Boy, Dial Idol really got this one wrong !

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Seriously?

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
In my view Phillip should have gone home

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow, that sucks.. Sucks the joy right out of the place for me. Hollie is about the only reason to watch now and I'm not THAT enthused there.

Yeah, Dial Idol voters got it right but prediction didn't work.

Not sure if I'll even watch.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
So, Jessica and Joshua will be F2 with Jessica winning because a girl will probably win this year.

Blech

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And just saying they get to go on tour, while it is true, isn't everything.. on tour, the winner gets to sing more and if the winner is a dud, the show suffers.

I agree, Phillip should have gone home, or Jessica.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I dont think that Jessica is going to win. It could be Joshua.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Just was over at FORT to see what the folks over there had to say about Skylar leaving and her and Hollie being the bottom 2. They are all livid that Jessica and the WGWG (white guy with guitar) were safe. Love what they call P2. If Joshua or Hollie leave, I'm done for the season. Any thoughts on who will get Skylar's votes?

Kittystj

08-10-2001

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kittystj a private message Print Post    
After hearing Joshua screech through To love Somebody, I had to go and listen to Clay's version. That soothed my soul!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I can tell you where my Skylar votes will go now.. Hollie. But not sure in general.. wonder if VFTW will stick with bummping up Phillip's votes?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
There are a lot of crazies in this world who listen to VFTW and teenie- boppers out there who will vote for P2. I'm surprised Colton left already. Jessica has to go next. JMO

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Although I am cheering for Hollie I am quite disappointed that Skylar has been eliminated. She brought a lot of life to the show and she was my second favorite - again, despite not being much of a country music fan.

I don't feel as much of a connection to Jessica and Joshua. I think Jessica has been mishandled by the mentors and stylists. I'm not sure why because Jimmy keeps mentioning it and yet it continues to happen. For example, Proud Mary was just another ridiculous song choice for her. Maybe she is the one making bad decisions against their advice?

I'm slowly warming up to Joshua. He seems very likable and he has a great voice. I'm just not sure his style is marketable.

I've been saying that Phillip has checked out and lost interest but now I'm wondering if he has something wrong with him health wise? The judges or Jimmy briefly alluded to something being wrong?

I'd love to see Hollie win it all yet she keeps being in the bottom two or three. She must be picking up votes though from fans who were voting for other contestants who have been eliminated. She has grown so much as a performer and that is wonderful to see and really why I enjoy watching the show.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with Sea. That just sucks all the joy out of the place. Very disappointed. Never thought we'd see Skylar go home this soon. Really wanted Phillip or Jessica to go home. I'm just sad.