TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/02 - Top 5 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 03, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
A few minutes into west coast voting, Skylar called safe by dial idol. Order after that, but no one else safe so far.. Hollie, Joshua, Jessica, Phillip.

Votefortheworst.com is voting for Phillip this week.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching. Joshua did fine on his last song until he started screeching. Totally not necessary; he was doing fine. Why ruin it? And why a standing ovation? Huh?

Hollie was good, and very solid, with both her songs. I really liked Phillip too but he'll probably get booted. He will find his niche in the music world, mark my words.

Jessica never rings true to me. I have a hard time with her song choices and how she brings them. She has a good voice but.....

Skylar is entertaining and I know will make it further in the country music world.

Hollie for the win!!!!

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I loved Hollie singing "Bleeding Love".

I just don't care for Jessica, I just cannot warm up to her.

I love the song "The Letter" and wasn't wowed.

Joshua - I don't know. I do like him but he is not my favorite. Maybe being there and hearing him sing makes it sound amazing? who knows.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
AI and Survivor on at the same time is not a good thing. Survivor will always win.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Sorry, phone rang and I took the call. Have to say, I lost interest in the show.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
My guess at this point is that Phillip wants out of the competition. he has probably been approached by a record company, possibly even Jimmy who will let him make the kind of music he wants rather than be a product of the Idol Machine. He wants a break between Idol and the summer tour.

Jessica, is just too young in my opinion. Great voice but give her a few more years and she will be a great professional singer.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Phillip is so funny. He has totally checked out. Joshua is an excellent singer and a nice guy (as a bonus). I don't know why I don't enjoy his performances more. Jessica has the vocal instrument but she doesn't know what to do with it yet. Skylar is big energy. I don't generally like country music but I like her. And to me, Hollie is what AI should be all about. Someone with raw talent who gains experience and confidence along the way and becomes a true performer. I'm so happy she was able to hang on and get to this point. Great to see!

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I totally agree with everything you said. :-)

Loremma

04-25-2004

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
My problem with Jessica is she sings like a robot. Nothing behind the great voice. Everything seems pre-programmed. Make this face to show happiness, this face to show sadness, etc. I agree that she needs a few years and she will be a much better performer.

Dke1212

07-13-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dke1212 a private message Print Post    
I don't know what it is exactly, but I just don't like Skylar.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I like Skylar but I don't always like to listen to her. Sometimes she is great but most of the time she screams. I do like her energy but I really don't want another country singer to win.

I love Hollie.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
I'll watch AI through the end and see who wins AI this season. Each singer is a talent in their own right and I like all of their different approaches and style in presenting their singing skills.

This week Hollie surprised me and I am happy for her. Maybe she's really peaking and will win this after all.

Can't wait for tonight's show with Carrie Underwood and Coldplay!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When the 3 girls sang together, it was really interesting to see the differences between their voices and style of singing. At that point, I realized that Hollie was the strongest of the 3 girls remaining and I liked her best.

I would not be surprised if Jessica went home tonight. It was so uncomfortable watching her perform the Tina Turner song last night.

My guess is the bottom 3 will be Jessica, Philip and Skylar, with Jessica going home.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think Jessica feels entitled and has been greatly encouraged in that direction.

Thank you, Sea! That's it exactly! Her second song was good, but I'm just not a fan. I'm still mad that they saved her and Colton had to go.

Hollie really bloomed this week! Both her songs were good and she seemed more comfortable. Although when she said she was singing "River Deep, Mountain High," I told DH, "Isn't that the song that killed Pia last year?"

Love Joshua more every week. I think he is truly one talented young man. And Skylar always looks like she's having so much fun onstage. It's infectious!

Phillip Phillips can go home now. He just bores me to death. Every song sounds the same that he sings, and he was awful on "You've Lost That Loving Feeling." My ears were bleeding. Ugh.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
The whole big note at the end is getting old to me...Skylar always does it, too. I like her but now I sit and think: wait, here it comes!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think bottom three should be Philip, Skylar and Jessica, but I think Phillip must be getting a lot of teenybopper votes, and Skylar will get country votes even on an off week (or comparative off week), so I think the bottom three will be Jessica, Hollie and Joshua. I think Jessica will go, and I think despite her talents it's time for her to go, she's just missing any star quality. Hopefully someone will take her under their wing and show her how to perform with a bit more feeling.

Or.... Phillip will go because he didn't do so well and they revealed he had a girlfriend, so maybe the screaming girls won't be voting so much. He's another one with a great talent, but he just isn't really a "pop star." If he was my friend I'd love listening to him, because he seems to love it so much, but his mesmerising quality is better than his actual singing, and I can't imagine him outside of small venues.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think Phillip is getting more than just the teenybopper votes. He has mine and I talk to so many other people who love him.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Dialidol has Phillip on the bottom and then Jessica. Well, if he's gone, I'm done watching. I just don't really care for anyone else in the competition and I won't be buying their cds but good luck to them all.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Phillip is good but not an "idol". I love how his vein pops out on his forehead when he sings. Ive been rooting for Joshua since day one and havent changed my mind. Ive always put Holly up there as one of my top picks because Ive always thought the judges were too hard on her-but shes proving them wrong.Jessica has always been my least fav.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think the name Idol makes no sense anymore anyway. None of the people who have won are what I would consider "idols" like in the vein of the Beatles or Elvis or something like that. There really aren't idols anymore.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I watch this show purely for entertainment and the fun of guessing who will go next. DH and I also enjoy critiquing the performances and seeing whether any of the judges agree with us. I don't really care who wins. I haven't bought an album from any of them except Kelly Clarkson, Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've only bought Kelly Clarkson, Daughtery and David Cook's albums.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I have bought David Cook, Jordan Sparks, Jennifer Hudson, Ruben Studdards and Daughtry.

I think Phillip will happily go home and I have always thought the judges try to suggest to the contestants which songs to sing, whether it is the limited play lists they present them with but it wouldnt surprise me that they pushed River Deep Mountain High towards Hollie. For some reason that totally escapes me they want a final two of Jessica and Joshua. I like Joshua but to me he isnt consistent always and is very one dimensional. Jessica, as someone noted above is robotic. Jessica will do well on Broadway. I remember when Clay was competing, I commented he belongs on broadway and I remember Simon saying the same thing. Clay has had great success on Broadway which is his niche.

Hollie is a contestant who I admit, I thought was weak has worked the hardest, has improved the most. her voice hasn't improved but her style has, her presence and comfort in performing on a large stage and she would deserve the win above all of them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I know people other than teenyboppers are voting for Phillip, but IF teenyboppers are the majority of the vote, and they sway towards cute males (watch The Voice to see how that is true!) then their votes matter more than the rest of us, whose tastes are spread more widely across the singers.

That's IF teenyboppers are the majority of the vote of course...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 03, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've bought David Cook, Daughtry, Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson.