TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/02 - Top 5 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through May 02, 2012 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I've heard so many people say "in my wheelhouse" or "not in your wheelhouse" and I never heard that phrase before this year.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen says, you are top two top Idols of all time. you are such a tailent, great.

Jennifer - I enjoy every time

randy - Dude, you have the power to do that. The Jacket is fly

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
judges give round one to Joshua, Skylar and Hollie

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Hollie is now up singing Bleeding love, I love this song.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
She is doing a great job on this song.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Fantastic.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I thought Hollie's first song was very good. I pick Hollie and, of course, Joshua for winners of round one.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen --- I loved it. Idont know the song (seriously Stephen doesnt know the song????

Jennifer -- who knows what she is saying --

Randy ---Stephen this is a huge song that was sung by Leona Lewis. that was unbelievable. For he record. you are peaking at the right time . you are doing an amazing job.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Phillip is going to sing, Time of the Season. a great song and I think it will e perfect for him.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
so.........

Randy, more relaxed subdued....he really can sing he melody. I loved it, loved you playing the guitar.

Jennifer, very mellow, your style. you did a good job with it

Stephen, you sang it well, so good for you

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Phillip didn't even try to sing that song. Blah...he is cruising through because all the young girls are gaga over him!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
What else happened?

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I've loved Joshua every week, but hate that he just massacred my favorite Bee Gees song. Screeching that song is not necessary.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Did the show fall off into obscurity? LOL

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Good Gawd! Why don't the judges just crown this guy the winner and get it over with. They can end the show now.
This love fest is beyond ridiculous! Ugh!

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Looks like everyone lost interest, Mamie. I only tune in after Survivor so missed the first half. Thought Hollie was great tonight during the group number with the other girls and during her second song. Seems she's finally found her confidence.
Phil Phillips was the weakest tonight, IMO.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Mamie, not only did Jennifer crown Joshua the winner but she crowned him one of the best singers in the past 50 years. This came after he screeched through a Bee Gees song.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
The Bee Gees song was To Love Somebody, one of my favorite songs of all time. But I like it sung quietly, not screamed and screeched. Still like Joshua's talent, just not on this song.
Nothing like hearing Barry Gibb sing, "I'm a man, can't you see what I am? I live, I breathe for you." Has given me "goosies" since I was a young teen.
Oh, and when did Jennifer get so old that Joshua is the best singer she's heard in 50 years? What a silly thing to say.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
LOL Jennifer better watch out, she could be signing his death warrant with all that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just check dialidol, I've never seen Skylar on top before, but she is at the moment. Phil is at the bottom.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think the top 3 tonight were Joshua, Skylar, and Hollie. Phillip was soo bad tonight, Jessica just didn't fit the songs she sang. I loved her first Whitney song a few weeks ago, but tonight she and Phillip just didn't go the extra mile tonight like one has to when there are only 5 left. The other 3 were powerful. Phillip is not even trying anymore.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought Jessica looked overwhelmed with the Tina Turner song. She was trying to move around the stage and looked awkward. When she was singing, I thought it looked like she was just waiting to hit the big notes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sheesh.. Stephen! Guess he doesn't watch SYTYCD.. even if that is the ONLY time someone heard Keep Bleeding, they would never forget it.

Hollie is the only one I've heard sing twice so far and I don't think anyone will come up to that level for two songs.. we'll see.

Jessica doing Tina.. what happened with her being age appropriate? And I HAVE heard Tina sing that in person; no comparison.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I didn't care for Jessica in either song tonight and there is something about her that just rubs me the wrong way. Not sure what it is exactly. The dress she wore for her first song was not appropriate for a 16 year old in my opinion. It was cut funny in front at the bottom so you could almost see up it and so short and tight and too reveling and add to that those ridiculous high heels and it just gave me a sick feeling. I think if Simon was there he would have said something about it but instead we have Steven saying "the only thing that can give experience a run for it's money is a 16 year old"!! Really Steven? Over the line for me.

I thought Hollie nailed both songs tonight. I hope she can hang in there because she is coming on. She just needs confidence performing.

I always like Skylar but she didn't wow me this week but I still think she did well.

My husband loves Joshua. I don't care for him - as a singer. I think he seems really nice.

Phillip was Phillip. Not the best singer but does have some kind of charming appeal.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think Jessica feels entitled and has been greatly encouraged in that direction..