TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 04/30 - Live Semi-Finals/Results - Week 5: Archive through May 01, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I have no idea of the format this week, but I believe all 8 remaining contestants perform tonight and some number of 'em are gone after tomorrow night.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Ah...apparently the format is that the coaches will score each singer’s performances and then those scores are added to America’s votes to determine the four who move on to next week's finals.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Juliet absolutely hit it out of the park tonight! How appropriate she was in last position.

Please, please, please let Katrina, Juliet, and Jermaine go forward. I really don't care for anyone left on Christina's team. I am very worried, because the voting for the men seems so strong over the women, and yet largely I think the women are the better singers. I am so tired of Tony, and worry he will take the whole thing because of "celebrity" status. PLEASE give us Katrina who really deserves it.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I only heard a couple of them. Katrina and Juliet were really, really good. Didn't hear Christina's or Blake's team at all.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm struggling to maintain interest in this show. I can't quite define why it hasn't had more appeal to me. I guess too much judges involvement and too many contestants and too many contestants eliminated at once. I almost feel there is no point in picking a favorite or two because they just get eliminated before we get to know them.

Anyway, I'll probably watch my recording of it tonight and try to catch up.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I am having a hard time and I think a lot of it has to do with the singers themselves. I was mostly bored with last night's show... except for Juliet. Who freakin' KILLED IT! My thoughts, in no particular order...

Team Adam:

1. Tony Lucca. I finally realized why I don't like this man. I do not enjoy watching him. He doesn't make me smile, he doesn't make me feel good. I feel uptight and angry when he sings. When I close my eyes to avoid watching the dancing (which he should NEVER do), I don't enjoy his voice.

2. Katrina Parker. I think she should be Adam's finalist but knowing how the voting has been going, I think she has her gender going against her. That said, I think she did a great job singing her song and I'd love to see her as a finalist.

Team Blake:

1. Jermaine Paul. I'm sorry Adam, but I heard a background singer last night. I was not impressed with him, and was mostly bored.

2. Erin Willett. Again, I was mostly bored with Erin. And I thought she did a gawdawful job singing as a team. I'm not sure who should go forward on Blake's team but I don't see either one winning this season.

Team Christina:

1. Chris Mann. I love this man. He makes me smile. He totally killed his song last night, and it was lovely to see him return to opera. He so thoroughly enjoys singing, and he makes ME enjoy watching and listening. I just smile when I listen to him. He has The Voice. I just don't know what they'd do with him if he won, but he deserves it.

2. Lindsey Pavao. I was not impressed. She does that weird fake stylistic thing too, with her phrasing. She bores me, pretty much every time. While this may have been one of her better performances, she totally couldn't sing as a member of a team (she was off key or something but she sounded awful).

Team Cee Lo:

1. Jamar Rogers. I'm really not a fan of Jamar's but sadly, seeing how the voting has gone, I think he's going thru to the finals. And that bothers me because I don't think he's that great of a singer. I think his backstory is bigger than his voice.

2. Juliet Simms. Holy crap, this girl deserves to win. She totally sang the heck out of that song. She is my favorite and I really want her to win. In fact, so much so that I actually voted using every method available and every phone I have, and I never vote.

My overall impressions... I sincerely hope that the men don't all go thru. I think all of the men except for Chris should be eliminated tonight. I would love to see Chris, Katrina, and Juliet in the finals and I want Juliet to win. (I could care less about who ends up in the finals on Blake's team cuz I don't think they have a chance in heck against the other teams.)

Of all the remaining contestants, the only ones I would pay $$ for records or to see them perform would be Chris and Juliet, and possibly I'd buy records from Katrina. All the others? Bor-ring to me.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I thought Juliet was absolutely fabulous! I was getting pretty bored with the show and so glad I stayed with it and watched her since she was last. I think CeeLo has the 2 best contestants, Jamar and Juliet. I just hope Juliet makes it through, but don't think that will happen, unfortunately.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I hope we are both wrong, Smokey!!

And I hope it doesn't turn into <77> (as someone else predicted online somewhere). If so, I may just end my affair with this show. There is no way all four men are better than all four women!

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
How many people are going tonight?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Four.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Then I would choose Tony, Jamar, Erin and Lindsey to go, even though I really like all of them. That's tough.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
the two i care about are <77> juliet and katrina

and i love love love juliet and would buy her music in a heart beat.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I missed Juliet. Lindsay, Jermaine and Katrina last night.

I though enjoyed Tony, Jamar and Erin very much.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
<77> At this point in the show I think they should just do a top four of all the contestants, rather than the top one of each mentor group. Might be more of a chance of a female squeaking in that way.

I'd vote for Katrina over Tony, Erin over Jermaine, Chris over Lindsey, Jamar over Juliet but more because I have a soft spot for Jamar than lack of talent with Juliet.

I'd have preferred a Jamar, Katrina, Erin, Juliet final.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
So does one from each team go tonight? Or is it the bottom 4 go overall?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
One from each team goes tonight.

<77>

Mamie, you MUST go find Juliet on iTunes or YouTube... she will blow you away!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure she will because I do usually like her very much.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Wow i dd not know Juliete sang on Remebering Sunday. I love that song.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Looks like Team Xtina's rep in the finale will be Chris! Double yay!!! I'm so glad he's going thru to the finale!! Christina's votes were 50/50, so she basically shirked and let "America" vote.

<77>

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Mamie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqw5FWbpEes

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Dang. Tony goes thru on Adam's team. He did 60/40 in favor of Tony. (And rumor has it if Adam hadn't weighted it to Tony, Katrina would've gone thru. Dunno since I'm not watching yet.)

<77>

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Jermaine <77>

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Blake cops out and does a 50/50 so America keeps Jermaine and gets rid of Erin.

<77>

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Blake voted 50/50, leaving it to the voters, like Christina did. I am most disgusted by <77> (Tony) going through. He has improved recently (I actually would vote him as "most improved" of finalists, NOT Katrina, who has been uniformly excellent....it just took Adam a while to see and acknowledge it.) But I have been disgusted ever since the episode that kept him over the other talented Tony--when I agreed with Christina that it was his celebrity moving him forward, NOT his voice. If he wins this thing, it may ruin the show for me for the future.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 01, 2012 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
THANK GOODNESS, Juliet goes through with help from Ceelo (60/40 in her favor).