TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
5/02 - Top 5 Week (Singing and Result...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 5/02 - Top 5 Week (Singing and Results) users admin

American Idol
American Idol (on FOX)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through May 02, 2012Maris25 05-02-12  5:55 pm
Archive through May 02, 2012Seamonkey25 05-02-12  9:44 pm
Archive through May 03, 2012Mamie31625 05-03-12  11:30 am
Archive through May 03, 2012Babyjaxmom25 05-03-12  9:14 pm
Archive through May 05, 2012Lakecat25 05-05-12  5:42 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She could be both.. I've had Filipino friends with clearly asian backgrounds and those with latino..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_Latin_American

But the posters were definitely saying "asian".

The Phillipines is an asian nation but many of the people and the culture tends to be latin.

She may be getting votes from several blocs of voters for that reason.

And others may follow what the judges say.

It all adds up and thus far has saved her (after the judges and their dramatic save).

I also wish they had waited and saved Colton.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure Jessica is Phillipino. She's mentioned it and they've shown her family on TV. Maybe her dad is hispanic, but her mom is definitely Asian.

I totally agree with you, Sea. I blame JLo and the judges (mostly JLo, cause she's the one who fawns over Jessica the most) for changing the whole season when they saved Jessica. I hate the stupid save. I think they need to just let America vote and whoever goes, goes. I think they really influenced the voting by saving Jessica. I thought Colton and Skylar (our two faves) would be in the finale, and maybe Joshua would have been third. It's not going to be nearly as much fun to watch without Skylar. Just don't know if I can watch a Jessica/Phillip finale. Just yuck.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
The Philippines were a Spanish colony for well over 300 years. Nearly every Filipino I know (and that is a lot) has a Spanish surname.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm. Didn't know that. Makes sense!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I guess that explains Tia Carrera. Shes described herself as Phillipino and Latina.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Anyone that knows me would be shocked to hear me say I was kind of sad to see Skylar go. I despise country music and I thought she yelled a lot, BUT she grew on me. She seems like a little spitfire but grounded. I grew to like her, never gonna like country music but Skylar made me like her somehow.

Whew my girl is still there, I was sure she was a goner this week, I hope she picks up a lot of skylar votes, just cant see them going to Joshua or Jessica, Phillip may get some of them.

At this point in the show it is kind of sad to see any of them go, to get so close and go home is sad for them, may not be a bad thing for their career but I am sure it hurts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess the posts was reading came from people who do consider the Phillipines to be part of Asia and thus filipinos may be asian. I experienced about a 50 50 split amongst my Filipino co-workers asian and spanish surnames.. ran into one of them a few years later at a Buddhist Obon Odori .. quite asian, as were her children. But doesn't matter much what I think and I'm not voting for Jessica.. I still think she is getting votes from people who consider her Asian, and those who consider her latina and those who want a female winner but may not like Hollie that much.. AND those influenced by the judges and those who like to see very young singers sing very old songs ;)

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
Nothing ticks me off more than voting based on race.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've never understood voting for any other reason than enjoying the person and their performances.

Llkoolaid

08-01-2001

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Llkoolaid a private message Print Post    
exactly Jimmer

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: