TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/25 - Top 6 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 26, 2012 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree Jimmer,it doesnt seem quite fair. Has Jessica or Holly even had any prior experience singing in front of a crowd? And once again,I think the judges are way too hard on poor Holly.My fav is still Joshua!

Eroica

07-28-2005

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Dial Idol has Holly in first place and Jessica,Skylar and Elise in the bottom three.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Another thing - was I the only one creeped out by Jessica's floating heads on the screen during Queen's song? I know that Queen had done that in their video but really? I think all that stage and graphics are so nuts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I said the exact same thing to DH when Jessica was singing Bohemian Rapshody. She's a tiny, little 16 year old girl. Who can even imagine her killing anyone??!! It was just a bad fit. She's good, but she sounds like a little girl singing like a 45 year old.

I just can't get into Phillip Phillips. All his songs sound the same to me, and I couldn't even tell you one single Dave Matthews song. I hate the same old growl on every song and the silly faces are annoying. DH and I both thought the violin player on his last song was way more interesting than anything he was singing. The musicians totally outshone his performance.

Of course Hollie sang The Climb better than Miley Cyrus. ANYBODY could sing that song better than Miley. She's not that great a singer.

Skylar's first song gave both DH and I goosies. We love her and Joshua. His second song was very controlled and restrained. Yay!

And have I told you all I saw Queen live in Norfolk, VA in 1978? I was in the Coast Guard and went with all my friends. Didn't even know who Queen was at the time, but they were great. So grateful I got to see them in their heyday. They opened the show with We Will Rock You.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It seemed to me that the judges were a bit more tempered with the Jessica love last night. I thought that they've moved onto backing Joshua as the front runner now.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
And, yes, the floating heads were weird.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Id love a Joshua win. A soul singer has never won. I dont count Rubin Studdard.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It's funny because my husband, who never watches any of these shows, loves Phillip and actually watches when he's on. I guess it's different strokes for different folks!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Joshua's second song was amazing. He was in control of that song from the first note...it was, in my opinion, a departure from what he normally does and it was very successful. I didn't know the song but I didn't care because he sang it so well.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Joshua's second song was so good because it was his choice, and he knows what he's good at and what he likes and what he can really do well with. He's not normally given material that does him justice.

I seem to be in the minority for hating Skylar's "The Show Must Go On." It was just wrong. She sang it fine, well in fact, but you just can't do that to that song.

Very jealous, Babyjaxmom!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It was kind of an accident, Kitt. I just went cause all my friends were going. Didn't even realize till years later that I had seen an iconic band. Don't even remember that much about it, except a couple of songs. It was the 70's, after all.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Gosh this is a really tough season. So many good and talented performers. Anyone of them could be the next Idol.

I love Elise. I started following her because she was a Jersey girl, plus I knew a little bit about her training. She is a great rocker chick and there are too few of those. I would like to see her change it up one time now and do really tender. She has it in her. The question is does she want to do it.

I like that Phillip knows who he is and I am really enjoying his performances. He is going to need to take more time to develop his following and his style to get out of the DMB shadow but I think he has it in him. Like Elise, I would love to see him tackle something a little different just for the heck of it.

Jessica has grown on me. She is little miss diva. Unfortunately, divas aren't that rare and there is another 14 or 15 year old right around the corner to take the little miss title from her. She can always have a career and with the right management could even be a star. But unless someone is dedicated to giving her hit making material, she has a lot of noise to get through. Broadway is always an option.

Joshua is a huge talent. And he can vary his style while staying within his basic range. That is another example of someone who knows himself. It is remarkable the maturity of these young artists. Like Jessica, Joshua is going to need some A list material if he is going to distinguish himself.

I adore Skylar's energy. She owns a stage. Again huge surprise from someone so young. She is also entering a crowded field but I think she will make her mark in country, maybe sooner rather than later.

Holly has been the biggest surprise at all. She started out with that diva style but she has been the most receptive of any of them to the coaching she is getting. And she is beginning to show a versatility that none of the others have. She could be the spoiler if she can just hang on past the judge's hating.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I agree that Joshua has a great voice and is very talented. It's that I don't see his genre on music being that successful.
I really don't see him selling millions of albums.JMO

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Jessica is safe and Elise (surprise) is in the bottom 3. This is her 6th. time in the bottom 3.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Joshua is safe and Holly (3rd. time) in bottom 3.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that Hollie is also in the bottom 3. If Dialidol is right, the third will be Skylar.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Shylar in bottom 3, Phillip is safe.
Skylar is safe leaving Holly and Elise.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Jag, Did Ryan make it, this evening?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Elise going home.

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
This West Coaster thanks you, for the spoiler.
Saves watching a lot of stuff I don't care about, to find out who went home. :-)

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Yes, he seems fine tonight. It was Elise's time to go. I think Phillip is the only one never in the bottom 3 . I don't think there has ever been an AI winner who was ever in the bottom 3.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes ... thanks very much Jag!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
who is one they saved?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Pamy, they saved Jessica a couple of weeks ago.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
OMG! Phillip is so a one note guy. Please don't let this year be a repeat of last year!!!