TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 04/23 - Live Performances/Results - Week 4: Archive through April 24, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Getting it started for this week. Let's see who Cee Lo and Adam get rid of...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is it just me, or are these singers just not that good this year?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think I messed up the week numbers?

At any rate...yay! Two I really wanted to leave are gone. Pip and James...don't let the door hit ya on yer way out!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
P.S. It isn't on here yet but sounds like tonight kinda wasnt good I hear Jamar and Juliet were best. And Jamar is riding his sob story. And Pip stunk. And James thinks he is a ladies' man. Hahaha...teeny boppers are not ladies you dweeb.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
I thought Katrina was great--and she had a soft new look, too. Got pulled away by phone call, so didn't see the last hour. I take it Pip and James are both gone? If so, hooray, thanks for not repeating the big mistakes of last week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pip was way off key the last several bars. And poor song choice for James. I do wonder what these judges are thinking sometimes.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, April 23, 2012 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Jamar ftw!!! or Juliet!!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Mods, can you please fix the week number in this thread's title... it should be week 4!!

Thanks!

<fixed it - jr>

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Here's my random thoughts from last night. And Kar, I agree, I was mostly bored to tears.

Adam's team:

1. Katrina. Loved her makeover. She did a good job. Not great but good. I think the best on his team.

2. Mathai. I'm sorry but that was just gawdawful She seemed awkward and uncomfortable, and I don't buy Adam didn't know what was going on with the staging. She's cute but she bores me.

3. Tony Lucca. Again with the angst and anger. He is still one dimensional to me. He'll be safe because he's the only man left on Adam's team.

4. Pip. Ohmy, one of the worst of the performances last night. That was really a hot mess. He was flat, he missed notes. I am very glad he is GONE!

Cee Lo's team:

1. Jamar. Like him, thought he did a good job, but I am 100% over his sob story. He'll be safe because he, too, is the last man standing.

2. James. Someone please explain the headband to me. He sounds like a girl, he styles his hair like a girl... huh? He was a big yawn. His voice has absolutely not depth. See ya!!

3. Cheesa. She is truly a powerhouse and they did a good job on the makeover (although that dress did not do good things for her). I liked her performance and thought it was good.

4. Juliet. Feathers? REALLY? WTH? Her makeover was gawdawful (made her look too soft and sweet). The staging was awkward, and I thought she closed her eyes most of the time so she could pretend there weren't feathers all over. She'll be safe, though. Not her best performance but she is still my fave.

As to the team performances, loved loved LOVED Cee Lo's team performing. They all looked like they were having a blast (except for James, who has absolutely no rhythm). Adam's team sucked. The vocals were really bad and the sound was off. I wish Adam had sung rather than just drummed... it might've redeemed them somewhat.

And Cee Lo and the Goodie Mob!!! Kinda freaked by the light 'em up grilles, but I just love watching that man perform! I think they are cutting a new album so it was cool to see them together. The south RULEZ.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
(Thanks Jimmer!)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed Tony's performance last night. He and Katrina were my favorites on Adam's team. I loved Jamar. Did not like Juliet last night and I loved her the week before. I think Jamar is going to take it this year.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 8:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
I think they finally made the right choices last night. I'm uncomfortable with people saying that Jamar's "sob" story is being shoved down our throats. It takes a lot to do what he has done and look where he is? I'm proud of him. His back story is important and inspiring. He's not riding anything, his talent has gotten him to where he is.

Anyway... Jamar, Juliet, Katrina are my faves. Cheesa did awesome last night, but I don't think she is the best. I liked Cee Lo's comment about female power singers though and thought he was spot on. Tony was good and I think redeemed himself a bit and proved Christina wrong, if just a little. Mathai can be the next to go for me. :-)

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I honestly thought Jamar and Juliet were not good last night. And I liked them both alot last week. Never been a Juliet fan but she really rocked it last week. Mathai was my favorite but that song choice definitely did not do her any favors. I thought Cheesa was bad last week but she was awesome last night.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Jamar's emotion didn't seem real to me.

I thought Katrina was amazing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I thought his emotions were very real. He gets me every time. He should be proud of where his life is now.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Katrina was amazing and she looked gorgeous.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Jamar is never shown in clips without his entire backstory being told. Yeah, he has HIV (which is NOT AIDS btw). So what? So do thousands of others. I don't need to know how he pulled himself up by his bootstraps, or that he didn't think he'd live to be 30, or whatever. He could (and really should) cut back the sob story. IN MY OPINION.

I mean, Katrina was very ill due to mold poisoning. Didn't she just barely refer to "not being able to sing"? But she didn't go into all the whole "oh I thought I was going to die" thing.

I think Jamar's emotions may be real, but I am real tired of his backstory.

And yes, Katrina looked gorgeous! Totally a different person with her hair darkened to a gold (rather than that brutal white blonde). She had a glow that was pretty amazing.

Definitely the right two went home. Those two really did ruin their songs, and it was evident they couldn't sing. I don't think it was a tough decision at all other than that the coaches form a bond and hate to lose anyone. I think once Pip wailed that last note, and James whispered his, the gig was up on both of 'em.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Actually, Katrina's illness and wanting to get out of the cubicle was talked about again last night. So what. She sang the heck out of her song as did Jamar. It's not their fault these things keep getting brought up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
With Katrina, I was amazed at Adam's honesty that she was not one of his favorites when he began. I suspect when she sung the heck out of the 'singing to save herself', that Adam woke up about her because this week was 100% better than the last time he worked with her.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
OMG Kooklie, I about fell off the couch when he said that! I do agree she killed her last chance song two weeks ago and yeah, he sat up and took notice. Finally. Her makeover did NOT hurt, either!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I am getting tired of the Jamar back history. They kept saying he was not supposed to live past 30 and I did not understand why.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I am also getting tired of the Mickey Mouse Club references. Was Christina upset he sang a Brittany Spears song. I liked it.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Pippin I think it has to do with being HIV positive...but I'm not entirely sure. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. LOL :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Costa, maybe he just didn't know what to do with her until she killed the last chance song. Then, he could do something with her. I hope she makes it through tonight's elimination.

Last night, Adam looked like he was really enjoying himself during the performances a lot more than prior episodes. Although, secretly, I think he wants to be Ceelo!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
The "live past 30" had more to do with his self destructive behavior and drug usage. I think he was working on cleaning up when he found out he was HIV positive.

I dunno about whether Christina was upset. I don't think he did that great a job. He did the same thing he's always done... he has an angry look when he sings. He may sound OK but it's uncomfortable to watch.

I'm pretty sure that Mathai will be in the bottom on Adam's team, along with Katrina. And I think Mathai will go unless Katrina really just blows it. Tony Lucca will be safe (he's the only man left).

On Cee Lo's team, Jamar will be safe (again, the only man), so it'll be Cheesa and Juliet. And I think Juliet will be safe. Or at least, I HOPE SO!