TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/25 - Top 6 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 26, 2012 users admin

Trekkie

07-09-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trekkie a private message Print Post    
It was good.....and once again....up go the judges.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
randy - another unbelievable performance, way beyond your age and talent. beautiful, crazy good.

Jennifer, mmmm. dont know what to say anymore. that was transcendant.

stephen, I hope a label finds you a bunch of good songs and you are off to the moon. I smell a finish line.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I have no idea what Elise issionging. She sounds ok.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen, you have to do songs that people know. you have to sing a familiar song.

Jennifer, I know what Stephen is saying but you slayed that song.

Randy, wasnt the right song

it was a Hendrix song

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Philip is now singing a song that is totally off the wall. He sounds great but seriously, it screams I am checked out of this competition and Iready to move on.

Great performance but not AI

Azriel

08-01-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
I love Phillip, but that song was the worst. I think he has screwed up at the wrong time.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen, very entertaining, very off the wall.

Jennifer, it was pretty, very artsy, Jennifer p.o'd that he did this song. this is not the time and place.

Randy - you showed your true colors, you are an artist. loved it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
note folks, that Stephen Tyler and I called it, OFF the wall

Trekkie

07-09-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trekkie a private message Print Post    
I liked it a lot, but I agree with Jennifer. He needs to do something that people actually know.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I will probably love it anyway so it doesn't matter if I know it or not.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Hollie is singing a song I dont know but she is doing it really well. I like this performance.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Randy, that is the Hollie we love , perfect song for you.

Stephen, so beautiful, good for you.

Jennifer full of blather but positive

Azriel

08-01-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Azriel a private message Print Post    
Phillip is my favorite singer on the show, i also love me some Dave Matthews, but that song was more than off the wall. The violin and sax made it worse because they overpowered his voice.

Trekkie

07-09-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trekkie a private message Print Post    
Randy hit it on the head..THAT is the Hollie I like. Holy *&^ a standing O for Hollie!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just read that he sang The Stone by DMB. I love that song! I cannot wait.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I have been waiting for Phillip to sing Dave Matthews and I loved that!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Am I listening to the same show? I thought almost all of the Queen performances were horrible (including the group number), and I thought maybe Joshua's performance was the best of the other performances. I didn't know the Hendrix song that Elise sang and quite honestly didn't feel she sang it that well, and thought Hollie's rendition of The Climb was her best performance in a long time. Not a great night in my opinion (and I thought Jessica's first song was her most horrible performance).

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 4:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
Still not feeling all the Jushua love by the judges. I'm totally turned off by the weekly standing O's for this guy.

I thought Hollie was the stand out for the night. She sang The Climb better than Miley Cyrus.lol

I missed Colton last night.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought the Queen songs were better than I thought they would be. Joshua and Skylar were my favs.

I like Hollie, she is cute but her styling makes her look old.

Phillip totally bored me with his 2nd song.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Once again (thanks to watching Survivor), I've only got around to seeing the first half of the show. I thought Hollie gave a solid performance, Skylar was entertaining and Phillip was fun. Joshua was amazing (that's a first for me saying that) though I don't like the overly obvious love-in by the judges. Elise looked so so as usual and wasn't very interesting.

Worst most ghastly ridiculous ever song choice for Jessica. Totally unbelievable. "Mama ... I just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger now he's dead". Seriously Jessica????

(And I love that song!)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What I found irritatingly noticeable was how Jessica got all the major solos in the medley at the start of the show. Could they pimp her out any more?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved Phillip's second song but I am a big Dave Matthews fan. I understood where Jennifer was coming from saying he needed to pick a song people knew (I knew it) but I didn't know Joshua's second song. I liked his performance but I didn't know the song.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I am not a big Joshua fan and I hated him singing Crazy little thing called love, but I loved his second song. Holly is still my favorite and I think she did great tonight. I thought Jessica sounded awful in the group and in her first round. I have to admit though I only listened to a few seconds of both of her songs.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
There is no denying that Jessica has a great voice and is a wonderful singer. Now that I've gotten that off my chest I will go on to say that something just never seems 'quite right' with her when she performs. She's missing the "x-factor", if you will. I love Bohemian Rhapsody and I did not like her version at all. I wish she could find a niche somewhere other than on AI and move on.

I'm getting tired of the Joshua love as well. He seems to screech in every song, whether is it necessary or not and that style gets old. The judges need to tone down their standing "O's" and be good judges.

I love Elise and her voice but I think she is on the wrong show and will probably go. She does not appeal to the teeny boppers. She has a more sophisticated style of singing and earthiness that they don't know how to appreciate.

I almost hate to say it but Phillip kind of disappointed me last night with his last song. He's starting to sound the same to me. I still love his love for his music, however and hope he finds his spot in the music business.

Hollie is great and always has been an excellent singer. I hope they continue to encourage her. I think she could/should win this. But then, what do I know?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The problem I have with American Idol (and all these shows) is it seems they have partly become a talent agency for unsuccessful semi-professional and professional performers and they are trying to be all things to all people. I thought that the original intent of American Idol was finding someone with raw singing talent but little experience and helping them become an Idol. Trying to compare a sixteen year old relatively inexperienced singer with someone in their mid to late twenties who has done a lot of singing in some professional capacity is ridiculous. It's awkward for the sixteen year old and it's awkward for the late twenty year old. It's silly.