TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 25, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/25 - Top 6 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 25, 2012 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And the contestants will be singing Queen. Remember Kellie Pickler singing Bohemian Rhapsody? Oh yes ... good times!

Oh and also a song of their "choice".

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And seriously, I thought Kellie did a pretty good job singing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpN9qWN48Ig

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
And then there was ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJYVPpt5Ls

Hard to believe they even debated putting him through but I guess they did it for the drama. And yes he is theatrical. And what exactly is wrong with that, Simon???? Seen the performances from X-Factor.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody sang Queen better than Adam Lambert!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, since you posted that video then I had to go and watch his performance of Mad World and it was such a huge contrast to the judging of the three fools on the panel now. To get a standing "O" from Simon was a big deal and Adam deserved the one he got that night.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
"judging of the three fools on the panel now"

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Adam may be the most talented and interesting contestant they have ever had on AI (though obviously not the most successful as an artist). However, I disagree about the judges. Paula, Ellen and Kara were not great judges. Simon was excellent when the contestant could actually get his attention away from Paula. The rest of the time he was bored - particularly in the later seasons.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Roxip, Mad World was my favorite Adam Lambert performance. Loved it! He's definitely mega-talented.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
David Cook's Hallelujah was my favorite AI performance. I hate to think of Joshua screeching his way through a Queen song.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH and I used to look forward every week to seeing what Adam was going to sing. He really is and was a unique, talented young man. He should have won. Nobody's ever been as good as him since.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, Adam hasn't done so well in the music world. He's had one hit, but not much else in the billboards.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait to see what their song choices are.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I found the list of songs being sung tonight.
QUEEN:

The Show Must Go On

Fat Bottomed Girls

Bohemian Rhapsody

Save Me

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

I Want it All

CONTESTANT CHOICE:

Dance With My Father - Luther Vandross

The Climb - Miley Cyrus

Ready for Love - India Arie

Bold as Love - Jimi Hendrix

????

Tattoos On This Town - Jason Aldean

Don't know who is singing what but I'd lay money on Joshua singing Dance With My Father.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Steven Van Zandt is in the audience with Jimmy. I cant even describe what Jennifer is wearing -- horrific

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
They open with a group medley, with backup band the original queen members

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Ryan is very sick, didn't get there for dress rehearsal so Nigel filled in for that. I'm west coast so not seeing the show yet, but there are many tweets saying Ryan looks awful. He made it, but it sounds like he's going to have a very tough two hours.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jessica opening with Bohemian Rhapsody

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
She always sounds technically perfect but she just doesnt do it for me. I would have to say that the judges may not think that this is the song for her but then they think she walks on water.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling I am going to be cringing through this whole show.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Stephen - Freddie would have been proud of you. Rock isnt your forte but I love you.

Jennifer said you sounded beautiful, but when they went into the rock of it, you need more rock performance. all in all, great performance.

Randy, I loved it because what you did, you did great restraint. you are mad young and it was great. very nice I loved it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Yep Naja, not so sure that this will be a proud Freddie moment, more like he will be turning in his grave.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
sometimes I wonder why I watch this show live when I could be watching Survivor.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Skyler is up next singing, The show must go on.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
She sounds good but nothing that gets me all excited.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I like queen music, this is a fun show,. the top 6 sounded good in the beginning singing together instead of a bunch of one line solo