TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: 04/09 - Live Performances/Results - Week 2: Archive through April 10, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Getting it started! Tonight the singers on Team Adam and Team Cee Lo will perform, and we'll lose two on each team tomorrow night.

Without seeing them perform, I think Mathai may leave on Adam's team and Erin (oh please make it so!) on Cee Lo's team.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think Erin's the one I don't like too (the "unique"(???) voice one). I'm not good with the names yet. Probably won't get to see this for a couple of days (too much on tonight, and then DWTS to catch up on tomorrow) but have fun!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yup, Erin's the one with the "unique" voice. The one who was a model, who wears a mohawk and not much else, and thinks she's all that and a bag of beans! :-)

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Sorry- her voice leaves me cold. I did not feel that way with the first song, the audition, as it seemed kinda cool then but when I realized she sings every song that way- well yuck! She ruined that Tina Turner song. She has not versatility or range as far as I can tell! Hope she leaves.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Erin will not be long in this show after that performance. Cee Lo told her she needed to win back her naysayers....don't see that happening.

My fave so far is Juliet.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Of those I saw tonight, I liked Katrina. I was disappointed in a lot of the others, including new father Tony V., who was so great in the battle round. I actually agreed with Blake that the set piece was distracting--it also held him physically in one place for a loooong time.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, April 09, 2012 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
The ones I liked tonight were: Katrina, Kim Y., Mathai, Juliet and Jamar.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Based on what I saw tonight, I still think Cee Lo's team is the strongest of the two. My random thoughts.

Adam's team:

Pip. If he wants to be known as a rocker, he needs to ditch the red pants and bow tie. Really uncomfortable performance to me. Absolutely boring and totally unbelievable performance.

Tony. Really not a fan. He seemed to be in a lot of angst and not in a good way.

Mathai. I think she is adorable and she has a lovely voice, but I'd never buy her music. I think she's safe though.

Katrina. I really like Katrina and I think she did well. She really needs to amp up her confidence though!

Kim. Love Kim, thought she did a good job on a song that's very hard to do right now. I think she's safe. Of Adam's team, I liked her the best.

Karla. Kind of surprised me. I liked her though.

Bottom 3: Pip, Tony, Karla.

Cee Lo's team:

Erin. Yup, she didn't win any fans at all. That was the worst performance of any I've seen. She was dead on the stage. No energy at all. Bye bye!

Tony. I love him, and I wish he hadn't been stuck at the top of the set for so long during the song. I think he's definitely safe.

Cheesa. She was a bit of a surprise, but I liked her.

James. I do not get all the screaming. Sure, he's cute but I don't think he's that great of a singer. One of the coaches said it... he cuts off notes. He's got this clenched jaw and closed mouth when he sings and the notes just don't come out. I'm sure he's safe but he's one of my least favorite.

Juliet. I really like her, she's one of my favorites on Cee Lo's team.

Jamar. Oh yeah he's definitely safe. Dunno about those stilt walkers, but I totally loved them. But Jamar... what Adam said really was true... he is what this show is all about. Just the voice!

I'm not sure who the bottom 3 are here, and I think Cee Lo is gonna have a heckuva hard time. I know that Erin is definitely in the bottom and should be going home. The other going home? No clue.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ceelo was blinded by Erin's beauty........I almost typed that I did not understand why he selected her and then it hit me DUH..........she is gorgeous, but that voice. I sound better then her.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Other than Kim, I don't see Adam as having a chance. Juliet was awesome.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Don't know what she had on her feet, but it sure looked like she had cankles.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Juliet, Jamar and Tony were my favorites last night.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
^^^ Mine too. :-) To be fair though, I missed Katrina.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I couldn't figure out what Erin was wearing on her bottom half last night. It looked like support hose at one point, and I think she had flat "gladiator" slippers on or something. Whatever, it looked pretty awkward with all the rest of the blinged out costume. I will give her props though for toning down that gawdawful hairdo she usually wears.

Speaking of styling, I'm glad to see Jamar losing the cap last night. Last year's winner didn't perform once without a cap, did he? I really REALLY dislike performers who ONLY WEAR devices covering their heads (and that includes cowboy hats). (Then again, half the cowboys should never EVER take their hats OFF! Hehehehe!)

Kooklie, I said early on that I don't think Adam has a chance to win this at all. I think Cee Lo and Blake have the strongest teams, and honestly, I think Cee Lo may take it this season.

Mamie, which Tony? There's a Tony on both teams (one's the ex Mousketeer on Adam's team, and the other is the new papa on Cee Lo's team). Based on what I saw, I'd say it's the latter!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Erin may have been (partly)sick last night. Keep going Jamar!!!!!!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think Katrina could play Adele in a movie of Adele's life. I think she has the same fair, blond beauty and voluptuousness that Adele has. Plus, she wore a black dress last night. I kept comparing her to Adele. Not a bad thing!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Costa, yeah, I just got there last night with Adam's team. He seemed to be the only one allowing his team to sing whatever they wanted. For the most part, the other coaches appeared to have more influence on what their teams were singing. I don't know, maybe Adam's personal life is not allowing him to fully focus on the show.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'd offer to help him forget his personal life! :-)

I wasn't all that impressed with Adam's picks anyways. I'm not sure whether his allowing his team to pick their own songs was a good thing or a bad thing, but I think most of his team just isn't all that impressive anyways. As Blake said (often) last night... "you sang that song as good as you could." Which really isn't a compliment!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
ME too Costa, me too.... But, I think he prefers supermodels.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Wow, did I get it wrong or what? The three "America saved" on Adam's team were three I'd get rid of first!!

Saved by America

Team Adam

* Mathai
* Tony Lucca
* Pip

Team Ceelo

* Juliet Simms
* Jamar Rogers
* James Massone

Singing for their lives first up is Adam's team: Kim, Karla, and Katrina. Word on the street is Karla is definitely a goner. But I'm sad that it's also gonna be one of the two faves I had on Adam's team!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And I think the last chance singing on Cee Lo's team may make a difference. Erin's definitely going to be gone (oh please make it SO) but that means he needs to pick Cheesa or Tony. I hope he picks Tony but I bet he picks Cheesa. We'll have to see how they perform, tho...

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Karla and Kim are gone from Adam's team: he saved Katrina. All three other coaches thought Adam should save Katrina, too.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Let's hope he picks Tony.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
From the twitter stream I'm following, sounds like folks are evenly split between Tony and Cheesa. Although I think Tony's song choice may have failed him.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
And apparently Erin picked an Elton John song and she's just butchering it. I've not seen a positive tweet about her, even from the two that LIKE her! Best tweet of the night from@ awholelatteKJ: Ew!! What is up with this chick's voice & why do I have to see her crotch while she squeaks?!

LOL