TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 05, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: American Idol XI: 4/4 - Top 8 Week (Singing and Results): Archive through April 05, 2012 users admin

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Well Naja, he didnt screech nearly as much tonight. the thing is, his clothes never seem to fit him, jackets always too tight and short.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it yet tonight but Joshua doesn't really do it for me either. He's good, no doubt, but he's no Luther Vandross. He lacks the smoothness and sometimes his lisp really comes through in his singing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Maris, I do recognize why so many people like Joshua. It's not that I think he is horrible. He just has one singing technique that turns me off. I do enjoy his stuff that's around the screeching.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For the first time this year. I decided to check "Vote for the Worst", and they are backing Deandre.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm just getting old but Colton, Deandre, and Phillip sound to me like real screamers. Yes, Joshua does hit some really high screechy notes in his songs but to me he is the best. I couldn't hear Skylar tonight, she had no gusto in her voice until the end. She sang softly and I couldn't hear the words. Jessica is the only girl I like and her duet tonight with Joshua was unbelievable. But, once again, the young teeners (girls) do most of the voting and probably are gogglie eyed over the 3 guys and I expect Hollie and Elise the next to go. They were pretty bad tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jag, I'm 2 decades away from being a teen and I agree with Hollie and Elise being at the bottom tonight. So It's not just the teens deciding this. And yes, I am voting. I am still voting. There's still 20 mins in my time zone to vote. I have 220 votes in so far.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dialidol has Skylar, Josh, and Phillip as the top three so far tonight, and at the bottom are Deandre and Hollie.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Joshua was good. Did I love it and think it was as amazing as the judges? No. I think Teddy Pendergrass ruined it for every singer after him.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
Jennifer will save Deandre if he is in the bottom. She just drools over him. I can't wait until he is gone. I hate his falsetto.

I really like Hollie but I think she will be gone. :-(

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I'm 5 decades past my teens and I'm also voting. But I really think the younger girls do a majority of the voting..look at the live audience.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They need to stop dressing these teen girls like they are in their 30s.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Mamie..I agree about the girl's clothes. Jessica and Skylar are very young and they dress them so beyond their years. Joshua should tone down his outfits a bit but maybe that is just Joshua. Skylar is a tom girl and her dress was way over the top tonight. Maybe they feel special playing dress-up.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I am so over the screeching style of Joshua.

I love Phillip Phillips' passion when he sings.

Skylar's performance DID NOT bring tears to MY eyes,

I'm still hoping that Hollie can stay; I like her better than Jessica.

I haven't figured out why DeAndre is still there. And, quit flipping that hair already!

Elise can belt a certain type of song. I like her sultry, "rough" voice.

Colton is good; not great, in my opinion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been predicting (to friends, not here, I don't think) that the save will probably go to DeAndre. Unfortunately.

I would think Hollie and Elise would be in jeopardy and I don't think they'd be saved.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I will be totally p#$%*d if Elise is eliminated and the likes of DeAndre or Joshua stay. I can't stand either one of their "singing", if you want to call it that. Joshua would be passable if he wouldn't start screeching. DeAndre just isn't that good either singing normally or that ridiculous falsetto. And I guess I am totally stupid about the talents of some of these people, because the judges are almost always thinking the opposite of me. Sorry for the rant but I've been holding it in for a long time.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I agree Auntiemike and Granjan!!

It better be Deandre going tonight but I'm pretty sure it will be Hollie or Elise. Hollie is one of my favs and Elise is my husbands.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that Deandre should go tonight.

I like Hollie a lot but some of her song choices are terrible. I think Elise has a huge amount of talent but again it just doesn't always come through when she performs.

I'm not crazy about Jessica. I think she is talented and likable but I don't feel she is passionate about performing. Honestly, though, I think the show is over and Jessica has won (provided that her fans vote). It's not even close.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My view is that, in today's music market, Philip and Colton are probably the most marketable. They show personality and the ability to switch up a song to make it interesting (i.e Daughtry, who also screeched out a few songs on the idol stage). Sure, Joshua and Jessica can belt out a song. But, like Pia last year (if she was so good, where's her record?), I do not see much stage personality in either. Last night, I thought they were trying to manufacture stage personality with Jessica by using her 'alter-ego'.

Maybe it has to do with age, I don't know. But, I remember Jordin Sparks was 16 and had tons of personality on the stage. More recently, Idol voters have tended to vote more towards the older, more experienced singers (David Cook, Kris Allen...). So, I suspect that either Joshua or Jessica will not make it to the finals.

Tonight, though, I hope that Deandre or Hollie go home.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jimmer.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I don't hear Colton screeching at all. I think he is very talented but I liked his hair better before he bleached it. Joshua comes from a style of singing where that is part of the style...and I think he does it very well...last night was good, and I thought he was so much better than Jessica in their duet...especially his stage performance. He can really move on the stage whereas she more or less just kind of stood there.

Poor Colton - I felt for him saddled with one or the more insipid songs from the 80s...Islands In The Stream...seriously?

Why is Jennifer pimping out Deandre so? Is it because he is close in age to her boyfriend?

I agree...the alter ego stuff with Jessica was just stupid.

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Jennifer has a soft spot for young performers.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Roxip, the producers want Colton out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Why would they want Colton out? Because of his similarity to 3 out of the last 4 Idol winners? I can see that, but I would keep him in for a while.

Does anyone else get the idea that Deandre lacks a little in the intelligence department? The thing he misses most: Driving? Seriously...LOL@ Oh well, that does make him a tyhpical teenager.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Maybe I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion. They told him to tone down voicing his Christianity. I don't know if that was a warning to him from them or to mean he won't get votes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 05, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
How do we know they told him to tone down voicing his Christianity? I haven't heard anything about that.